Post Your Recent Purchases!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Okay guys, this thread is for showing off, not for exchanging crappy gifs and insults.

Play nice, please, it's starting to get on my nerves, and that's not a good thing.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Okay guys, this thread is for showing off, not for exchanging crappy gifs and insults.

Play nice, please, it's starting to get on my nerves, and that's not a good thing.

I agree

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Got this bad boy this past Saturday. Still hasn't been recap'ed, but it's gonna be a project soon.

28" Intervideo 15/31KHz. Thomson Tube.
P_20170402_231208.jpg

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
what in the holy mother of fuck is that?!

is that just a bare tube?

Nope. Tube + Chassis. However, I don't know which model it is. All I know it's that it's an InterVideo 28 with both 15KHz and 31KHz Chassis. I cannot find a single chassis reference to find a manual online. The tube has one, but it simply doesn't help. The controls are all tunned by a single button/potentiometer remote, which appears as an OSD menu.

That looks great bro.

Thanks bro

Those games look so good on a big ass crt.

They look even better next to it! ;)

uchihaclan

n00b
Hello all!
I've seen this type of thread on other forums and couldn't find one here. I always like to browse through what other people have recently picked up to give me an idea what I want for myself.

Please post only your own pictures, no stock images (where's the fun in that?) . I'm not asking to see your whole collection, I just wanna know what you got recently.

I'll start the thread off myself. I recently got into this scene with the pickup of my big red 2 slot:

j8HLnPq.jpg

Picked up a few carts to go along with the cabinet and printed off some inserts for the shockboxes to come:

PAWTNEV.jpg

V5Ir3jU.jpg

I decided I was probably going to recap the monitor sooner or later so I upgraded my soldering iron when I had to replace the battery on the motherboard:

LgPPuLO.jpg

I hope there's not another thread like this, I tried searching but couldn't find anything similar. I showed you mine, now let me see yours!

That's really cool! I am looking at buying one soon

embergabor

New Challenger
Got two Zippy long shaft joysticks today. I'm replacing my cheap generic chinese joysticks and also the whole control panel in my bartop cabinet. The 3mm MDF board has way too much flex. Going to use 18mm board and mount the Zippy from the bottom. These Zippys feel much much tighter than the chinese joystick, they have a stiff spring, big actuator and lever microswitches. Did a quick swap with the current CP still in place and I already prefer these. The new panel will make them even more stable.
qVNiv4ul.jpg

IEr4Z8Cl.jpg

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
IMG_1705.JPG

Newest gets...I've only comes across an English version of Treasure Hunt once before...this one came from Italy.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Got two Zippy long shaft joysticks today. I'm replacing my cheap generic chinese joysticks and also the whole control panel in my bartop cabinet. The 3mm MDF board has way too much flex. Going to use 18mm board and mount the Zippy from the bottom. These Zippys feel much much tighter than the chinese joystick, they have a stiff spring, big actuator and lever microswitches. Did a quick swap with the current CP still in place and I already prefer these. The new panel will make them even more stable.
qVNiv4ul.jpg

IEr4Z8Cl.jpg

You replaced Chinese knockoffs with more Chinese knockoffs?

embergabor

New Challenger
You replaced Chinese knockoffs with more Chinese knockoffs?

Exactly. Keeping the cost low. I am a sucker for cheap chinese stuff as long as they do the job. So far the whole cab cost me a little over $150, built from scratch. The point is to play the games.
Are there any Sanwa or Seimitsu joysticks that can be fitted under a 18mm wood panel with enough length?