Post Your Recent Purchases!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Don't use rechargeable AA batteries – unstable ions will damage your system!

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
So cheap theses days. Used to be a £100 cart ($150) back in the day in Import shops in the UK
I got it for $8.52 shipped.
I know what you mean tho.
Super is about $15-20 it seems, I'm betting if look hard enough I'll snag it for $10 or less.
Is it just me being late to the game or has Japanese Megadrive stuff always been harder to get and more expensive?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Is it just me being late to the game or has Japanese Megadrive stuff always been harder to get and more expensive?
Well, the Mega Drive was not hugely popular in Japan, always playing third fiddle to the SFC and PC Engine, so that would no doubt have an effect on the quantity of games produced in any given production run... and the system has long been an import favourite, so many of the popular games / rarer games have started really going up in price the last 5 years, especially Mega CD stuff. Probably down to increased awareness through idiot YouTubers and the internet in general.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well, the Mega Drive was not hugely popular in Japan, always playing third fiddle to the SFC and PC Engine, so that would no doubt have an effect on the quantity of games produced in any given production run... and the system has long been an import favourite, so many of the popular games / rarer games have started really going up in price the last 5 years, especially Mega CD stuff. Probably down to increased awareness through idiot YouTubers and the internet in general.
So much so that you're now more likely to find bootlegs of in-demand MD titles on Yahoo Japan Auctions than the real thing.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Is that a Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball topper?
I'm not 100% sure where it's from but $40 for this level of awesome who cares.
It's made a out of some kind of foam.
And yes it is the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Also 1960s Japanese tin robot spaceman right behind him.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Oh shit, you might be right!
Quick search produced this image.
creature pinball.jpg
LoLz, turned out to maybe be game related after all!

HellioN

20 Year Member
Someone with the pin would probably take that off your hands for more than the $40 you paid.
Went down a short rabbit hole and found out it's not specifically made for a pinball machine, it just happens to fit really well.
It's a prop piece made by a company called Rubies. It was intended for things like haunted houses, displays and whatnot.
It's licenced by universal and everything so it's legit official.
Found a completed sold listing on eBay for one that was $200 so hell yeah!
Anyway whatever it was actually made for at $40 it couldn't be passed by.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The only positive is resale but at this point we're hoping the market for it still exists when you actually want to bail.