NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Abster said:
SNK Playmore could care less about its english speaking fans. Ben Herman's basically a puppet to Playmore's finatics. SNK Playmore censors most english releases, and on top of that has very crumby translation efforts. They care more about their Japanese audience than anybody else in the world. That's why I think SNK Playmore is racist. They only care about one audience. I'm not exactly trying to be US centered Shito. I'm just pointing out my observation and opinion, and I think SNK Playmore outta dedicate more attention to those in non-japanese speaking countries.

SNK and NeoGeo are a Japanese thing. Just face it.

It's YOU who's in the position to accept the 'inferior condition' of loving the product of another culture. This is called xenophilia, and it's a great thing, but not to be used as a point to claim attention.

SNK always addressed to the Japanese public cause that's their public. It's just simple like that.

There's really nothing to be claimed from our westener side.

Once Japanese people will start blaming any Italian fashion maker for not putting any Japanese note on their site, I will blame Japanese people.

It's very important not to be stuck in the double side of the 'guest' word. :)

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
massimiliano said:
Hi,
I'm very disappointed, that also in this kind of situation, there are people who make "hype" for future prices of the SS5S cart.
I know it could be (or be not) a valuable collection piece, but rumors like "only 4 home carts where released with fatalities" or "It'll go for more than Kizuna. Starting at $13,000" are just tryin' to get things more confused and get cash from this....the plague of conversions sold as EERare originals is a sad well known practice.
Please link some proof, or stick to the facts.
Believe or not, money is not the only thing in collecting neo-stuff.

It was a JOKE. Get it?

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, since SNK Playmore listens to the Japanese only, what are us westerners supposed to do about it? What can we do about it? A real company would hear suggestions from all countries, and they would take all feedback into consideration instead of being so one-sided.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
It was a JOKE. Get it?

As for me, I know it was.

Yet massimiliano's point was good anyway, isn't it?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
It was a JOKE. Get it?

I'm really sorry I've took a mistake to start talking about that argument.
Next time I'll read carefully twice your words ;)

Anyway, the point lasts, won't?

Edit:
...yes, a price-grownup poll has been started already...

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Abster said:
Well, since SNK Playmore listens to the Japanese only, what are us westerners supposed to do about it?

Buy/encourage local software houses... ;)

(quite a joke)

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Abster said:
Well, since SNK Playmore listens to the Japanese only, what are us westerners supposed to do about it? What can we do about it? A real company would hear suggestions from all countries, and they would take all feedback into consideration instead of being so one-sided.
:rolleyes:

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
This is bad news bears...I'm all kinds of pissed off right now. That video kicks ass by the way...good find.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
HAOHMARU said:
This is bad news bears...I'm all kinds of pissed off right now. That video kicks ass by the way...good find.

Personally, as a pre-order customer of SSVS who received a gaymored copy, I find that that video kicks me right in the nuts. :(

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey,

Has it been confirmed that the fatalities are in the MVS version yet? :spock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SeaWolf69 said:
Hey,

Has it been confirmed that the fatalities are in the MVS version yet? :spock:

Yes, from what I understand. beelzebub said that he was playing a non-beta version of SSVS and the fatalitites were fully intact.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf69
Hey,

Has it been confirmed that the fatalities are in the MVS version yet?

Yes, from what I understand. beelzebub said that he was playing a non-beta version of SSVS and the fatalitites were fully intact.

Hah,

That is good news indeed!! I will gladly pick up a MVS copy when the price drops down to $300 or below range. I'm sorry to hear the crap they pulled on the AES version, glad I found about it before I bought a copy, but since I've joined these forums, it always pays to wait until I get the low down on the game before I buy. Thanks for the info. Laters...

SeaWolf69

NewOldSchool

Banned
I want an mvs copy now!
This business with no fatalities is just pathetic. All you AES owners got shit on.
To me the fatalities were one of the best things about the SS games. It has nothing to really do with gameplay, but it just doesnt feel right without them. I played ssv alot, and I really like the game, but I would rate it a whole point lower than normal because of the missing fatalities. that really sucks donkey balls

VF-Z24

n00b
Well, since SNKP doesn´t give a shit for us then we shouldn´t give a shit for SNKP either.

I think we only have 2 options:

1) Support people dedicated to hack games so we can get fatalities via an eprom or something added to the original circuit.

2) Open the AES version of the game and throw it away, then get an MVS version of SS0S, get it converted and fitted into the AES cart.

:)

this is the ONLY time I rather get a cool boot than a shitty official one.

Last edited:

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
VF-Z24 said:
2) Open the AES version of the game and throw it away, then get an MVS version of SS0S, get it converted and fitted into the AES cart.

Do you think this will work? Won't it just lock out since the AES and MVS are essentially the same?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
Here is an overview of what was done. The situation is more grim than rumored, but there is hope as well.

First of all, the fatalities are gone upon booting in any home console mode. None of the debug dips will enable them.

Second of all, there is a lockout that prevents you from booting in MVS mode. You will go to the red copyright screen, and the game will lock up. Anyone who thinks this is a hack job had better revise their opinion now... this was deliberate and it was done with the Debug BIOS in mind.

Can you play your cart in MVS mode? Sure. Just boot in home mode, start the game, and change to MVS mode on the fly. Think you beat the lockout? Nope. The lockout is not to prevent you from playing in MVS mode... the lockout is to prevent you from using the MVS Soft Dips to enable the level 3 / with violence setting. Basically, the lockout kicks in whenever the cart tries to read the MVS Soft Dips, not whenever the cart is played in MVS mode. You can go to the attract screen in Home mode, switch to MVS, insert a coin, and you are locked out again.

Here is what I conclude:
1. The MVS Soft Dips must be what the lockout is for, because you can use MVS mode fine.
2. The fatalities and full MVS version must be present on the cart, otherwise you wouldn't need the Soft Dips locked out.
3. SNKP either: a. put a violence code that must be used to enable the fatalities, or b. made completely sure that it was impossible to see the fatalities on the home system

It may be that only another BIOS can beat this, by allowing the user to access the Violence setting without triggering the Soft Dip lockout. However, if the Debug BIOS has any way to access this setting on the fly, that would work as well. The lockout is frustrating, but it is also the 1 ray of hope for everyone... it simply wouldn't be there if SNKP had gotten rid of the fatalities.

BUMP

I tried as well messing up with soft-dips and MVS mode.

Here is what I noticed.

The Violence Level for home console is locked to 2 (not 1, nor 3)

The 'censored version' of the Zetsumei Ougi still have unique speech. IE Nakoruru says 'nemuri nasai' (please go to sleep) in the censored version, while saying 'shijin no kowasu wo oshieteageru...! Sayo...nara') in the full uncut version, but BOTH are unique speech.

This means to me, it's just a modelock. I bet setting violence level to 2 on a standard MVS just lead to the homecart version...

possibly bugged as well?

I'm pretty SURE all the bugs come out of the modelock!

This mean, trying to find out a way to unlock the violence level (unlock the soft dip setting in MVS mode) is most probaly THE WAY to get the full game at home!

Fuck SNKP and it's recalling policing, editing again (and I bet once for good) the damn original game!

RAZOOLA, help us! :)

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I can help once I have a dump to play with (still haent happened). I'll be able to bypass the Red lockout warning screens very easily (I already do it in the unibios for ss4 and ss5 for example). Im sure I will beable to fix fatalities also if SNKP still dont fix it with the other bug fixes.

Has anyone tried the unibios with the MVS version in console mode to see if its fatalless also?

Raz

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
To let SNKP know how you feel, just let your dollars speak for you by not buying the game. Also sending emails to them saying how much that sucks taking the fatalities out will let them know how much you hate it.

If nobody buys their product, they will get the hint...censorship sucks!

Kyosuke75

Sorry for bringing this one up again, but i still did not get if ANY MVS-Cart has the unique Fatalities for each character. Just ordered one and played the fixed AES-Cart of a friend - THESE ROCK.
So is there a CHANCE to have fatalities in my game will they DEFINITELY BE in the MVS-version or will they possibly not? I'm all confused :loco:

THX, Dante

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy fucking bump. Interesting way to make a first post.