NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Posts
193
Apparently the Unique Fatalities have been removed from the game. There is also no splitting in half or decapitations at the end of the match.
I have the AES version on a AES system with a DEBUG bios chip. MVS mode of course doesn't work with any of the new games.
If you were expecting Fatalties and the gore from SS1-SS4... forget it. This is the PG-13 version just like SS5.
Too Bad, this could have topped SS2.
 

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Posts
3,519
I thought someone said that they were there?

Taken out at the last minute maybe?

You running it in US or Japan mode?
 

Vernon

"Stumpy"
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Posts
1,622
strange.... some time ago I've seen a video with ALL fatalities of all chara....
 

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Posts
193
Syxx573 said:
I thought someone said that they were there?

Taken out at the last minute maybe?

You running it in US or Japan mode?

Played the game in both modes with violence on LV3
Arcadia mentioned that the fatalities were axed for the home release.
 

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Posts
3,519
Incredable.

That blows.

So they were axed in the home version.

Are they still in the arcade version?
 

Vernon

"Stumpy"
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Posts
1,622
Ralf501 said:
Played the game in both modes with violence on LV3
Arcadia mentioned that the fatalities were axed for the home release.

ooooohhh too bad
 

thegreathopper

Frenzy Football Player
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Posts
975
bios

Well lets hope with Razoolas bios it boots in mvs mode on the aes if so everything should be ok......
When my copy arrives I will let you know.....
 

Tomcat

NG.com No.1 Ranked Trader.Also, Donated $600+ to N
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
502
mhhh..

Ralf501 said:
Apparently the Unique Fatalities have been removed from the game. There is also no splitting in half or decapitations at the end of the match.
I have the AES version on a AES system with a DEBUG bios chip. MVS mode of course doesn't work with any of the new games.
If you were expecting Fatalties and the gore from SS1-SS4... forget it. This is the PG-13 version just like SS5.
Too Bad, this could have topped SS2.





maybe the US version is censored?
should be not the first time.
could you try to set up for the jap language and let us know please?

thanks in advance.

regards

Tom(ITA)
 

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Posts
1,049
Any chance there's a code to input to unlock fatalities?

remaining hopeful,

Droid
 

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
Joined
Oct 3, 2001
Posts
7,804
I just got done palying it for the first time and was wondering where the hell they are. :crying:
 

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Posts
193
Tomcat said:
maybe the US version is censored?
should be not the first time.
could you try to set up for the jap language and let us know please?

thanks in advance.

regards

Tom(ITA)

I played with the Japanese language on. NO FATALITIES!
 

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Posts
1,245
That has to be the stupidest shit I've ever heard. That was one of the selling points of the game for a lot of people. Well, good thing I have an MVS. Actually, is it still worth having, or would the original SSV/0 be acceptable?
 

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
Joined
Jun 11, 2002
Posts
24,280
Halox said:
That has to be the stupidest shit I've ever heard. That was one of the selling points of the game for a lot of people. Well, good thing I have an MVS. Actually, is it still worth having, or would the original SSV/0 be acceptable?

Good luck getting it on MVS... unless you have money to burn...
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2000
Posts
1,495
Ralf501 said:
I played with the Japanese language on. NO FATALITIES!

I have not tried this since I do not have the game yet. Have you tried switching to MVS Mode In game. That is do not Boot up in MVS mode but switch after you already started the Game. Used to be that is how you got around not being able to Boot up in MVS mode. At least that is what I would do to add credits to Metal Slug 5.
 

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Posts
3,519
Yep, they only made like 1000 mvs copies. It's a rare special edition.

I just want the rare roms special edition.
 

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Posts
193
Syxx573 said:
Yep, they only made like 1000 mvs copies. It's a rare special edition.

I just want the rare roms special edition.

So those 1000 MVS carts have the fatalities?
 

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Posts
3,519
No one seems to know.

No arcade around here even has the game so I can't find out.

I don't have the romz yet so I can't check.

This is going to ruin the other home releases that I planned on buying anyway. If there was fatalities in the arcade version and were taken out of the neo home version I don't see why they wouldn't be taken out of the PS2/Xbox home versions as well.
 

Freelancer

Banned
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Posts
3,592
It makes no sense!
Why would they take such an integral feature out? It's not like the audience for this particular game is that large to begin with!

And on the final Neo AES release too! :oh_no:
 

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Posts
193
Big Bruno said:
I have not tried this since I do not have the game yet. Have you tried switching to MVS Mode In game. That is do not Boot up in MVS mode but switch after you already started the Game. Used to be that is how you got around not being able to Boot up in MVS mode. At least that is what I would do to add credits to Metal Slug 5.

Tried it. Still no fatalities.
 

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
Joined
Jun 11, 2002
Posts
24,280
Freelancer said:
It makes no sense!
Why would they take such an integral feature out? It's not like the audience for this particular game is that large to begin with!

And on the final Neo AES release too! :oh_no:

It somehow seems like an appropriate way to finish off their AES run... with one more little "fuck you"...
 
Top