Nintendo Switch

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
LEGO 2K Drive's "Physical Switch Release" Is Just A Download Code

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
While this isn't switch only the cult classic trip world for gb is getting a release again and a reprint to

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Sonic Origins Plus

It's an update of Sonic Origins with 12 gg games.
coming to Switch on 23rd June

Little update

pre-order for physical release

xJsI4k7.jpg

AzGFz5z.jpg

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Damn. That looks solid. I don't have Origins already. I'm picking that up, for sure.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Small update on Tears -

Still has that idiotic weapon breaking mechanic.
Stamina gauge is still there and still completely useless because it lasts 2 seconds.
There are still fucking shrines.

Ive been playing for a couple of hours and it feels exactly like BotW because its basically a reskin... that looks exactly the same. And it does the same bullshit that the first game did. You have to get to 3 or 4 shrines before you can actually get to the real game. Im stuck trying to get to a god damn shrine right now so I can move forward, but its surrounded by ice, which is evidently not climbable at all, and its in a wintery area which means you get cold (another stupid mechanic) and die unless you're wrapped up.

Problem is Im like 2 hours in and havent found any 'warm clothes' and the recipes that I try to make with the hot peppers to keep warm don't do shit. I have like 2 sticks in my inventory because everything breaks after 2 hits, or you have to use whatever sticks or wood handled weapons you have to light them on fire just to stay warm and try to explore to find your way around to that god damned shrine in the winter area.

Hopefully someone will release some hacks to get rid of the stamina, cold/hot BS and the completely stupid never-should-have-been-greenlit-in-the-first-place weapon breaking mechanic.

Anyone who claims they like the weapon break thing is A. ghey, and B. a liar.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
it feels exactly like BotW because its basically a reskin... that looks exactly the same. And it does the same bullshit that the first game did.
Who didn't see that coming lol.

This has been getting treated like it's the 2nd coming but it's just more of the same with a couple new gimmicks tacked on. It's Nintendo, that's what they do now. Shit, that's almost all they've been doing for the last 15 years. I don't know what people were expecting. I'm sure anyone who loved BOTW is going to love this as well but the fact is people waited 6 years for an innovative sequel and Nintendo basically game them refried beans.

I can't wait for this to get released again at full price on their next console in the not too distant future so all the dummies can happily buy it again like the lemmings they are.

They're still making stuff for Mario Kart 8, that game is almost a full decade old ffs. Make a new F-Zero you stupid cocksuckers.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

No I don’t like it but I understand why they did it, they want the battles to have a sense of anxiety - in the same way I hate forced stealth section in action games but I understand some cocksucking game designer figured now would be a good moment to have a change of pace in the story, prick.

Apparently you can fuse weapons to make them stronger now. See if you can fuse a sword to a boomerang and see if Links hands get chopped off when he catches it on re-entry.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
tears of the kingdom has leaked.

Small update on Tears -

Stamina gauge is still there and still completely useless because it lasts 2 seconds.

Ive been playing for a couple of hours and it feels exactly like BotW because its basically a reskin... that looks exactly the same. And it does the same bullshit that the first game did. You have to get to 3 or 4 shrines before you can actually get to the real game. Im stuck trying to get to a god damn shrine right now so I can move forward, but its surrounded by ice, which is evidently not climbable at all, and its in a wintery area which means you get cold (another stupid mechanic) and die unless you're wrapped up.

Problem is Im like 2 hours in and havent found any 'warm clothes' and the recipes that I try to make with the hot peppers to keep warm don't do shit. I have like 2 sticks in my inventory because everything breaks after 2 hits, or you have to use whatever sticks or wood handled weapons you have to light them on fire just to stay warm and try to explore to find your way around to that god damned shrine in the winter area.

Hopefully someone will release some hacks to get rid of the stamina, cold/hot BS and the completely stupid never-should-have-been-greenlit-in-the-first-place weapon breaking mechanic.

Any real dungeon yet?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Any real dungeon yet?
Haven't gotten that far yet, but there is a big door you have to open at first (why you do the 4 shrines in the area). That big door has what look to be 7 indentations where presumably the "tears" are supposed to go. So people are theorizing that could mean 7 dungeons. And no idea if those dungeons are those stupid royal beast glorified puzzle rooms.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Small update on Tears -

Definitely a skill issue

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
How is a shitty *literally broken by design* aspect of the game a skill issue.

That's like saying someone who can't webswing like Spider-Man in unreal tournament is a "skill issue."

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Put a bit more time into Zelda and yeah it's literally the same game as BotW. Graphics, play mechanics, shitty shrines, shitty stamina, scour the countryside for memories, terrible horse controls, (and if you get busy and lose the horse you are fucked unless you want to quick travel), annoying cooking, and of the two dungeons I've been to, same "dungeons" except now they're called temples to make it look like they are proper dungeons. But they aint no dungeons.

Physics are good, like the first game but that can get really old quickly. If a stronger enemy knocks you down you go rolling for 4 minutes and then link gets up with absolutely no sense of urgency. Dude there is a giant rock monster about to trample your dick, would you mind getting your ass up please.

The goal for each temple is even the same as before. Activate the 4 remaining doodads because only one is working due to x or y, fight boss, get heart container, and you have a companion which has some sort of power. Bird kid gives you a boost when using the glider (actually that is fairly helpful) and hangs out with you until you beat the boss and then "I must leave you to do whatever the fuck, but here's a ring that will summon my spirit to use the power.

Fish dude is the same, gives you a 1 hit water shield. I can only imagine that the other NPCs will have a similar routine, just like the first one.

Also just like the first one, there is SO MUCH WAITING. A lot of the cut scenes are not skippable, and that gets annoying since literally every conversation is the same outline.

Get to a new area, little unskippable 'this is what you're looking at looks like' and you can't move until link takes it all in.

That shit gets real old real fast. Ok, I get it. I have you 4 spirit orbs or whatever, now I have to watch the same animation every. Single. Time.

If I have say, 16 orbs, then let me level up more than one at a time already. You still have to go through the whole animation, 'tada!' just to upgrade your hearts or stamina. Korok thing still does its dance (but it is skippable, just not the 'tada' like heart upgrades.

Weapon breaking is still shit. There's a new mechanic called fuse that lets you merge two items like a sword and a rock, or other sword/weapon, same with shields (won't work on bows though). But still no repair option.

The "shieka slate" is called something else but it's just the shieka slate. So far I have fuse, ultrahand (magnesis from BotW) but now it works on a lot of stuff, not just metals. You can also use that to attach stuff to other stuff. There's a whole modular building mechanic that I will also admit is fairly useful and needed literally everywhere.

Fuse is meh, there's a rewind thing that is moderately useful and then there's some other power that lets you go through ceilings only. It helps but it's limited in range.

Nintendo literally just slapped a new set of tires on the same Honda Civic. Same game.

So far I don't see a real connection to Skyward other than just having floating islands, but so far there's no flying like in that game. Just skydiving and hang glider stuff. Who knows maybe that's coming up.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Put a bit more time into Zelda and yeah it's literally the same game as BotW. Graphics, play mechanics, shitty shrines, shitty stamina, scour the countryside for memories, terrible horse controls, (and if you get busy and lose the horse you are fucked unless you want to quick travel), annoying cooking, and of the two dungeons I've been to, same "dungeons" except now they're called temples to make it look like they are proper dungeons. But they aint no dungeons.

Physics are good, like the first game but that can get really old quickly. If a stronger enemy knocks you down you go rolling for 4 minutes and then link gets up with absolutely no sense of urgency. Dude there is a giant rock monster about to trample your dick, would you mind getting your ass up please.

The goal for each temple is even the same as before. Activate the 4 remaining doodads because only one is working due to x or y, fight boss, get heart container, and you have a companion which has some sort of power. Bird kid gives you a boost when using the glider (actually that is fairly helpful) and hangs out with you until you beat the boss and then "I must leave you to do whatever the fuck, but here's a ring that will summon my spirit to use the power.

Fish dude is the same, gives you a 1 hit water shield. I can only imagine that the other NPCs will have a similar routine, just like the first one.

Also just like the first one, there is SO MUCH WAITING. A lot of the cut scenes are not skippable, and that gets annoying since literally every conversation is the same outline.

Get to a new area, little unskippable 'this is what you're looking at looks like' and you can't move until link takes it all in.

That shit gets real old real fast. Ok, I get it. I have you 4 spirit orbs or whatever, now I have to watch the same animation every. Single. Time.

If I have say, 16 orbs, then let me level up more than one at a time already. You still have to go through the whole animation, 'tada!' just to upgrade your hearts or stamina. Korok thing still does its dance (but it is skippable, just not the 'tada' like heart upgrades.

Weapon breaking is still shit. There's a new mechanic called fuse that lets you merge two items like a sword and a rock, or other sword/weapon, same with shields (won't work on bows though). But still no repair option.

The "shieka slate" is called something else but it's just the shieka slate. So far I have fuse, ultrahand (magnesis from BotW) but now it works on a lot of stuff, not just metals. You can also use that to attach stuff to other stuff. There's a whole modular building mechanic that I will also admit is fairly useful and needed literally everywhere.

Fuse is meh, there's a rewind thing that is moderately useful and then there's some other power that lets you go through ceilings only. It helps but it's limited in range.

Nintendo literally just slapped a new set of tires on the same Honda Civic. Same game.

So far I don't see a real connection to Skyward other than just having floating islands, but so far there's no flying like in that game. Just skydiving and hang glider stuff. Who knows maybe that's coming up.
So i assume it's more of a expansion then anything else.I've heard things that didn't make the cut for botw went into tears of the kingdom instead.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So i assume it's more of a expansion then anything else.I've heard things that didn't make the cut for botw went into tears of the kingdom instead.

Pretty much. I mean its a sequel because it builds off of the story in the first game, but as far as whats in the game, it's just a reskinned BotW.

Even the Amiibos work fine.

Ive got Tagmo and a bunch of cards from when I made them during BotW. They all still work. Even my real Terry Bogard one works lol. Though it only gives like food or veggies or something. Nothing really useful. Thanks a lot TERRY.