New SNK Handheld [Official...believe it or not]

Zoel

New Challenger
I was thinking of getting a Caanoo. But now I think I'll will get this instead. Seeing there's a SD card expansion, maybe its open source Handheld system?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
How much will this magnificent marvel cost us mere mortals?

So help me god if this thing can emulate CPS1 CPS2 & CPS3 (yeah right!), this WILL replace my PSP.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
How much will this magnificent marvel cost us mere mortals?

So help me god if this thing can emulate CPS1 CPS2 & CPS3 (yeah right!), this WILL replace my PSP.
I'm glad someone brought that up! Hopefully they don't abuse the license and assume it should have a vintage SNK price tag too. :p

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
The price point is the biggest problem I see at the moment. I'm really hoping the manufacturer doesn't make this system DOA with an outlandish price.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
its a liscenced product- not one from snk-p.

Yes, I read that it's a licenced product, but it's still weird/curious that SNK-P would give the licence of a dead/non-existing brand (SNK).
I'm not even sure they could legally do something like that...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I wonder if it can link up with another one for some 2 player action.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Oh shit, I will definitely get one if they are going to be launched at all.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'd be interested if it is real and it actually sees the light of day. Okay game choices. Seems like a couple missed chances, but overall pretty representative of early Neo. And really, they have me at FFS.

I guess I'll wait to hear price before I let myself get too excited.

And why does the description include a d-pad? I hope that is a clicky-stick.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
Looks really nice. Will probably only run emulator(s)? I will buy it anyway.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
tumblr_liusbfh2V31qioh92o1_500.jpg

YES PLEASE!

Zinji

Kabuki Klasher
DAY ONE PURCHASE HERE!

I hope they start working on new titles as well, SNK needs to get involved in the gaming scene again.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
After looking better at the pictures, there are a few other things that make me think about this device authenticity.
The layout of the shoulder buttons is quite strange and probably not really handy.
On the lower-left corner there seem to be proximity sensors or a camera o_O

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Why the fuck would they want to make this sure-to-be flop of a device? I already own every game on my PC for years, and I can go GGPO with my fave neo fighters. Can this abomination even go online? SNKP should concentrate on better things like maybe a new MOTW, last blade or spending more time on advancing their online infrastructure for a game like KOF XIII for example. Gawd...

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
The system itself looks alright, although the start and select buttons look awful. But in all honesty what is everybody expecting from this handheld? Which third party developers are going to develop games for this over iOS, 3DS or Vita? SNKPlaymore themselves only rehash KoF and Metal Slug, and little else.

The life expectancy of the NGP2, to me, appears to be DOA.

But as a romz device, the NGP2 might be pure sechs.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
If the pricing is reasonable, I might just give it a go. Here's hoping.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'll be getting one for sure!

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Why the fuck would they want to make this sure-to-be flop of a device? I already own every game on my PC for years, and I can go GGPO with my fave neo fighters. Can this abomination even go online? SNKP should concentrate on better things like maybe a new MOTW, last blade or spending more time on advancing their online infrastructure for a game like KOF XIII for example. Gawd...
I mostly agree. Although I'd buy this on principle, just to support SNKP, I don't really see how this is going to appeal to anyone other than us or retro gamers. I'd rather see them focus on new content or an actual new platform with new games. This just seems like a more modern version of those Atari or Genesis X-in-1 games. This is all assuming that there is no actual new content coming out for this. I wonder what the extra buttons are for also.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
SNKP should concentrate on better things like maybe a new MOTW, last blade or spending more time on advancing their online infrastructure for a game like KOF XIII for example. Gawd...

it's a licensed product

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I understand that people aren't wanting this to be too expensive, but I would prefer a higher price tag coupled with quality hardware. Those cheap chinese Genesis and SNES portables are mostly crap.

For me, as long as it has a decent d-pad I'll buy it. Hell, it has Neo Geo on it, I'll probably buy 2 anyway.