Mortal Kombat X - 4/14/2015

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The story mode was really cool, but PREDATOR, c'mon stop being a douche, it's fucking PREDATOR!!!

I wish they would have Freddy and Jason in the same game just for the lulz and the tag team horror extravaganza.

Last edited:

neo_moe

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Unless I am mistaken, Predator and Jason are only going to be initially available if you get the $80+ premum edition (along w/ 2 other classic characters).

Fucking lame

And I guess if you pre-order you get Goro, otherwise he will be paid DLC.

I was thinking about pre-ording the regular edition through Best Buy since you get 20% off if you are a my gamers club member and a $10 gift card...so the game would be like $38...but having 2nd thoughts. Maybe I'll wait for a komplete edition as well.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Aw shoot, I think I'll do the same.

MK9 (PS3) I didn't wait 'cause RepX had a copy waiting for me and he had the proprietary sticks for it.
Injustice (360) I didn't wait 'cause I was all giddy about a good DC fighting game.

I bought MK9 complete edition for the 360 and it was cheap and I have yet to buy Injustice PS3 but I'm gonna get an Ultimate Edition one for 20 bucks next time I go to gamestop.

It does pay being patient.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Was I the only one that enjoyed the pseudo-RPG portion of Mortal Kombat: Deception (or was it Armageddon?), where you run around a map to find unlockable characters that you could use in story mode?

My money's on "yes."

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Was I the only one that enjoyed the pseudo-RPG portion of Mortal Kombat: Deception (or was it Armageddon?), where you run around a map to find unlockable characters that you could use in story mode?

My money's on "yes."
Create a character in MKA was great, but made the rest of the roster seem like half-baked insipid fucks thereafter. Really wanted to make a "Classic" Reptile with Harpoon and Freeze. Alas, it was not to be.

The Quest mode was good fun too.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Haw 'baut sum of diz homfrys?
url

...enjoyment of a lifetime...truth be told I prefer Shinobi Legions but hey...lifing!

kuze

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Predator is a perfect fit for Mortal Kombat. I'll probably wait for the GOTY edition or whatever they decide to call it though.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Unless I am mistaken, Predator and Jason are only going to be initially available if you get the $80+ premum edition (along w/ 2 other classic characters).

No they'll also be separate packs for the normal edition on release day

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I played the shit out of the last one so ive got this pre-ordered on psn

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
cant wait till this comes out in store. one of the reason why ill consider getting a ps4 next to tekken 7 and sf5

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lemme guess, I would need a new stick to play this on the new systems?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know, what a load of horshit, the fucken things are USB already, why couldn't we use our old USB sticks. I know, money. I know most of the systems are not backwards compatible, not even on hardware but fuck, c'mon already, enough is enough. USB XBOX 360 should work on XBOX ONE and the same goes for PS3 to PS4. Fucking hell.

GohanX

Hollywood Hulk Gohan
20 Year Member
Actually, PS3 sticks should work in this game. They are using the Skullgirls USB driver in it.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Lemme guess, I would need a new stick to play this on the new systems?

Apparently not....they said the sticks they released for MK9 and the injustice games will work for this, so if those ones will then I'm guessing ANY stick that worked on those games will suffice.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh that sounds promising. I'm like Thomas though, gotta see it in action, otherwise this is just an assumption.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
10 Year Member
Apparently not....they said the sticks they released for MK9 and the injustice games will work for this, so if those ones will then I'm guessing ANY stick that worked on those games will suffice.

They were using a MK9 stick and Injustice stick in one of their newer streams, its been promised since the game was announced. Other 3rd party stick isn't guaranteed. Gonna have to wait and see. I'm sure we will know Day One with the Evo folks.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Not sure if this was posted yet or not, but this trailer is so amazing - I'm super pumped for this game!!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So if I have a wireless 360 (SF4) stick, can I use it on my Brother in Law's Xbox 1?
Maybe with the wireless stock 360 wireless to PC USB adapter ?
What about a regular xbox controller with a USB dongle?

It is fucking horseshit that these systems (except for Nintendo) don't support use of the old Stock controllers. Does the Xbox one controller even have unique features that the 360 doesn't? Even if so, it shouldn't affect 95% of the games out there.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's odd with me and Mortal Kombat. While I usually can't stand playing fighting games without the use of an arcade stick, MK is one of the VERY few games I'd rather play on pad. When I got MK9 I couldn't get used to the game until I went out and got one of the Mad Katz Street Fighter Fight Pads. I think it takes me back to playing MK2 over X-Band on the SNES. I just got so used to playing it on the SNES controller with the four face buttons and using the shoulder buttons for Block and Run.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MK is better on a pad. All those forward forward, back forwards motions (as opposed to QCF motions).

But it has to be a good pad.

ebinsugewa

Juzoh's Gym Trainer
Injustice has and MKX will have the ability to change the inputs to be more 'SF-friendly' for stick users.