Kof98 is coming to smartphones soon

Jibbajaba

Jaguar Ninja
I can't imagine this being that great using a touchscreen, but if it also comes out on tablets then it would be sweet to play with an iArcade stick or whatever it's called. That's how I played Blazing Star until I found a cart.

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but surely this is totally pointless. You really can't play this type of game to any decent level on a telephone.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
At least with the SP button added it will be a bit easier to execute specials and such. Too bad about the bluetooth multiplayer and not wifi. No one within bluetooth range will want to play with me. :(

GohanX

Hollywood Hulk Gohan
I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but surely this is totally pointless. You really can't play this type of game to any decent level on a telephone.
I would normally agree, but if it had controller support I'm all for it, as you could throw it on an Ouya or something.

Archdesigner03

Fio's Quartermaster
I use Moga controller for all my mobile gaming. Pretty good controller that supports all the android emulators out there.

Tacitus

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR., Misanthrope, ,
Staff member
I think what the world needs more than ever is yet another sucking of dust through the teats of an over-rated fighting game, ported to a shitty touch device, in order to finance more dating sims and pachi games aimed at middle aged, smoke-laden, Japanese folks with a sense of nostalgia and a love of gray-market gambling.

Takumaji

Kraut Mod
Staff member
Great, a Neo fighting game on a phone. What an achievement, eh, now I can finally play KoF98 on a small display with cramped controls. A dream comes true.

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
I think what the world needs more than ever is yet another sucking of dust through the teats of an over-rated fighting game, ported to a shitty touch device, in order to finance more dating sims and pachi games aimed at middle aged, smoke-laden, Japanese folks with a sense of nostalgia and a love of gray-market gambling.

Lol, couldn't agree more.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
if its compatible with the xperia play buttons as are the MS games i might give it a go its cool to be able to play at work and faking I'm just messing with the phone if someone shows up.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Yeah. The target audience probably are the kids I see every morning when I go to work by train whose phones are smarter than them.

I'm starting to hate smartphones.

My cell phone is similar to this one:

LG-MG160.jpg

And I don't have plans to buy a new one.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
They should really release these neo geo games on the 3ds and wii u.

I would rebuy all my favorite Neo games on 3ds if they had any 3d enhancements.

These phone ports are pointless. They take no effort I bet, so whatever profit is to be made must have a low overhead.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They barely make any enhancements for the touch screen. They wouldn't even bother with 3d.

Who wants to play games originally intended for huge cabinets with joysticks and pushbuttons on their phone. ... apparently enough people to warrant them rerererereleasing oldies again and again.