Kof98 is coming to smartphones soon

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
This is great news. I've always wanted to play KOF 98.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I can't imagine this being that great using a touchscreen, but if it also comes out on tablets then it would be sweet to play with an iArcade stick or whatever it's called. That's how I played Blazing Star until I found a cart.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That sounds pretty sweet. Online multiplayer?

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but surely this is totally pointless. You really can't play this type of game to any decent level on a telephone.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
At least with the SP button added it will be a bit easier to execute specials and such. Too bad about the bluetooth multiplayer and not wifi. No one within bluetooth range will want to play with me. :(

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I guess it would be alright with an Ouya or other android based "console".

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but surely this is totally pointless. You really can't play this type of game to any decent level on a telephone.
I would normally agree, but if it had controller support I'm all for it, as you could throw it on an Ouya or something.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I would normally agree, but if it had controller support I'm all for it, as you could throw it on an Ouya or something.

Agreed. These games need the real physical response of buttons and a stick.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I use Moga controller for all my mobile gaming. Pretty good controller that supports all the android emulators out there.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I think what the world needs more than ever is yet another sucking of dust through the teats of an over-rated fighting game, ported to a shitty touch device, in order to finance more dating sims and pachi games aimed at middle aged, smoke-laden, Japanese folks with a sense of nostalgia and a love of gray-market gambling.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Great, a Neo fighting game on a phone. What an achievement, eh, now I can finally play KoF98 on a small display with cramped controls. A dream comes true.

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
I think what the world needs more than ever is yet another sucking of dust through the teats of an over-rated fighting game, ported to a shitty touch device, in order to finance more dating sims and pachi games aimed at middle aged, smoke-laden, Japanese folks with a sense of nostalgia and a love of gray-market gambling.

Lol, couldn't agree more.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think its safe to say that we're not the target market for this port.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I think its safe to say that we're not the target market for this port.

Yeah. The target audience probably are the kids I see every morning when I go to work by train whose phones are smarter than them.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
if its compatible with the xperia play buttons as are the MS games i might give it a go its cool to be able to play at work and faking I'm just messing with the phone if someone shows up.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Yeah. The target audience probably are the kids I see every morning when I go to work by train whose phones are smarter than them.

I'm starting to hate smartphones.

My cell phone is similar to this one:

LG-MG160.jpg

And I don't have plans to buy a new one.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The idea of playing a 16 year old game with a touch screen excites me.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They should really release these neo geo games on the 3ds and wii u.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
They should really release these neo geo games on the 3ds and wii u.

I would rebuy all my favorite Neo games on 3ds if they had any 3d enhancements.

These phone ports are pointless. They take no effort I bet, so whatever profit is to be made must have a low overhead.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They barely make any enhancements for the touch screen. They wouldn't even bother with 3d.

Who wants to play games originally intended for huge cabinets with joysticks and pushbuttons on their phone. ... apparently enough people to warrant them rerererereleasing oldies again and again.

My cell phone is similar to this one:

LG-MG160.jpg

And I don't have plans to buy a new one.

I had a similar phone to that around 2005. I think it was Nokia. There was a KOF game for that one which was splendidly unplayable also. Didn't stop me trying though!