KOF Movie [combined thread]

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
for some reason that trailer won't load for me... but wow... fighting with swords? wtf? :(

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
You have to have a dailymotion account for it to play.

"They live everyday normal lives.. UNTIL THEY'RE CALLED INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION TO FIGHT"

:oh_no:

It get's better though!

"BUT WHEN AROGUE FIGHTER DECIDES TO NOT PLAY BY THE RULES!!!" (insert Ray Park stabbing someone)

Uurgh i think i was a little sick in my mouth. Looks bad, i immediately thought of the second mortal kombat film, i dont know why.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
You dont need a daily motion account to watch the trailer has i dont have a account and it worked fine. I wish it wouldnt have worked, It looks shit. Street Fighter all over again. Why dont these directors ask fans for input and ideas.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Thankfully I haven't seen it yet, most game tie ins are utter shite thoughn:oh_no:

aria

Former Moderator
The long thread about this movie pretty much established the obvious: it was going to be, and is, crap.

The only hope is it would go so into tongue-in-cheek fun that it would be the surprise the original Mortal Kombat was, but that wasn't going to happen.

[EDIT: looks just like the videos posted before: z-list TV actors on low-budget TV quality set pieces doing what looks like painfully obvious choreography.]

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
I think I'd rather watch the steam rise of of a fresh crap for 2 hours then subject my poor eyes to this....even the trailer hurt to watch. :oh_no:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Who the fuck green lit this shit? "Acclaimed director" - my ass. This is complete bullshit!

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
is this another uwe bolle fiasco? hope that dude dies...on a side note look up how he gets the money to make his films...the government basicaly gives it to him....

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Looks like a generic Chinese action flick with KOF and it's likeliness slapped on top. Yay.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Dude, what the fuck?!? Another dimension? Did they just make King of Fighters into Mortal Kombat?

I know there was a thread on this & we all knew this would be crap on so many levels bu after seeing the trailer, my god. I can't even tell what characters everyone is suppose to be. Hell, if I didn't know before hand that Maggie Q was suppose to be Mai, I'd think she's a different Japanese female fighter.

And on top of that, did I seriously see a scene where there was a filled garbage bag being used as a weapon? Anyone that even sees this for the laughs is just fucking wrong, this movie needs a full boycott to keep this shit from being made in the future.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Who the fuck green lit this shit? "Acclaimed director" - my ass. This is complete bullshit!

Isn't it from the same guys that did Initial D? Chinese guys making a movie about a japanese anime. And it's the same thing again but video games.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
O whatever.
It'll be good to watch just so you can complain about
it here on the boards, don't you guys pretend you
guys would give up a chance to groan and moan about anything.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Hmm, maybe not I guess. It could be in the so bad it's good catagory of films though :loco:

aria

Former Moderator
Thankfully, when it comes to theaters (if any), a boycott won't be necessary because it will be a guaranteed flop.

The only concern is not supporting the DVD/Bluray.

Actually, given the money they've thrown at this, I wouldn't be surprised if its direct-to-Beta. :lolz:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Send no money... Torrent the shit out of it!

There is no excuse for this kind of crap.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It could be ANY one of those Hong Kong kung fu movies. The subtitle guy just have to assign them names from the KOF series and it's done.