KOF Movie [combined thread]

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I came so close to dl'ing it last night. Lucky for me, I saw this topic and decided to watch another movie instead.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I've watched the first 15mins so far. Flat chested Mai is inexcusable. :niterider

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Maybe one day when I have flashbacks I can be Asian then come out of my flashback White like Kyo

O.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Sounds like it turned out as well as predicted, Guantanamo Bay torture quality!

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I tried to look at it with an open mind but wow was it bad! D:

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I watched it with a friend who's not familiar with kof outside of knowing it's a fighting game, and neither one of us chuckled once. Anyone hoping for something bad, campy, and strangely entertaining, this is not it. It's terrible, and painful to watch.

We both held deadpan expressionless faces until Rugal's rollerblade showdown with mature and vice, when we just got up, decided any Uwe Boll movie was a cinematic masterpiece compared to that crap and left the room.

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
decided any Uwe Boll movie was a cinematic masterpiece compared to that crap and left the room.[/QUOTE]

W-H-O-A

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I thought the 'Double Dragon' movie was better.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well wait a minute. I didn't know there was going to be a rollerblade showdown. Maybe I will watch it.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Do Kyo and Iori have an angry dance off in one of their apartments where they trash all the furniture and frown at one another a lot?

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I never understood the timing of this movie's release. Along with other live-action adaptations of video game franchises (Double Dragon, Dead or Alive, even Super Mario Bros.) the film is being released while the reputation of the series is at a lull. I understand there's a niche market for everything, but having the likes of Ray Park shoehorned into a role for a film that will garner 1/4 of what SF: Legend of Chun-Li did (if it's lucky) is utterly baffling. Combine it with the huge amount of characters in the KoF cast (the vast majority of which account for squat in its storyline, but still) and it strikes me as a voluntary exercise in futility.

What a surreal project from start to finish.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
From the word go you just knew it was gonna be shit.

I do like Maggie Q though so skipped through bits and pieces of the film. The fight at the end in the street just looked like it was some tv show with the film they used instead of a movie.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
There's a Tekken movie ad in a recent issue of Arcadia Magazine. I loled out loud.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
sounds like the DOA movie wasn't that bad afterall.

DOA wasn't bad at all. It helps if you don't give too much of a shit about the game series going into it, though. But I enjoyed it well enough. It was what it was.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's pretty damn sad when the best movie I've seen based off of a video game was Mortal Kombat. Even though it pretty much was Enter The Dragon with MK characters it was more faithful to the source material and they didn't mess up characters or mispronounce names. The Tekken movie LOOKED good, but I doubt it's going to be any good. As always, I'll wait for some reviews.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I just showed my wife that KOF movie link.

She asked "When did Marty McFly learn martial arts?"

Also:

"What the hell is wrong with Ray Park?"

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
ok, yes, complete piece of crap.
another dimension? white kyo? flat-chested mai?
but i think the chun-li movie is worse than this.
i was plesantly surprised that they did try to actually keep it somewhat close to the orochi story.

and i thought the tekken movie wasn't all THAT bad, actually.
it even has cary hiroyuki-tagawa (shang tsung from the mk movie) as heihachi with awesome hair.