Jesus and time travel

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Neo Maikeru said:
Yet the strange thing is that when people follow this "fictional book" their lives usually go a whole lot smoother. Their family lives are better, their friends are there for them more often, their marriages work out more often than not,

Who are you trying to convince, you or me? My very religious family right now is breaking up because their daughter got married, had 5 kids, then cheated on his husband with another man. Now her husband kicked her out, and her parents won't let her go back to live with them, either, because she's with this man now. She's now homeless. She literally has no home. She can't get divorced because through the eyes of the church, they won't let her.

So, while you paint a happy picture that religious peoples' lives are better, you're just lying to yourself and believing... that's right... more crap. Sorry.

My take is this: Stop wasting your time going to church, because most church goers are hypocrites anyhow. They have sex before marriage, and often times than not, tend to be the most racist people you will ever know.

This comes from a very religious person of over 20 years that finally woke up.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
And another thing, you religious nuts keep quoting the bible as a source of truth. Can we knock that off for a second? For, as Luke said to Han Solo

"may the force be with you"

You see, luke knew the force was there. All around them. He knew it would take care of them. And he knew... he KNEW that he didn't need to use his targeting computer, and that the force would help him destroy the death star.

My advice to you is to let the force be with you, and don't go to church. You will see, everything will work out.

See how insane that is? So, stop it already with quoting a book of fiction made up by long since dead dudes that didn't know about the universe, dinosaurs, or equal rights to women.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Spike Spiegel said:
Who are you trying to convince, you or me? My very religious family right now is breaking up because their daughter got married, had 5 kids, then cheated on his husband with another man. Now her husband kicked her out, and her parents won't let her go back to live with them, either, because she's with this man now. She's now homeless. She literally has no home. She can't get divorced because through the eyes of the church, they won't let her.

So, while you paint a happy picture that religious peoples' lives are better, you're just lying to yourself and believing... that's right... more crap. Sorry.

My take is this: Stop wasting your time going to church, because most church goers are hypocrites anyhow. They have sex before marriage, and often times than not, tend to be the most racist people you will ever know.

This comes from a very religious person of over 20 years that finally woke up.

Your not getting what I am saying Spike. If anyone is cheating on their spouse they are not following God no matter how religious they claim to be. This is not what the Bible instructs anyone to do. The chaos was caused by sin, when adultry took place. The Bible never says that Christians lives will be perfectly rosey all the time, what I am saying though is that their life will be a whole lot better if they follow God and they will be able to deal with tragic situations in better ways.

Your church not allowing her to get a divorce regardless of the fact that there was adultry involved is not following the Bibles teachings as well. The Bible clearly says that the only circumstance one should leave their husband/wife under is if adultry takes place. Sounds to me like the problem is your church. You know, following Jesus isnt even about church as much as it is reading the Bible and using it as your guidline to life. When one follows the Bible and have a relationship with God, they WANT to go to church to praise God. It is not something they force themselves to do. Sure, everyone messes up, I am sure many people out there have had premarital sex and called themselves Christians, and some of them are regardless of what they have done. God forgives us, its about our attitude. Are we trying to change our lifestlye or are we using God as more of an insurance plan "just in case its real" and living however we want again and again? Thats the difference.

I don't care how many hypocrites their are in church. I admit, there are many. I just talked about them in my previous post, "The Sunday Christians". These people are not seeking God with all of their heart. They are treating it as a tradition and not a lifestyle.

Last edited:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Fish_Monger said:
Thanks for fixing the code.

The Bible fully describes dinosaurs in the book of Job. Job is the oldest known book in the Bible (as far as when it was written, not about the time it speaks of).

According to Scripture, the earth is 6,000 years old:

Creation.......2,000 years later the great flood.....2,000 years later the birth of Christ.......2,000 years later brings us to day.

Coming from a humanistic point of view, I would find it much harder to believe that all of this just "happened" than to believe a multi-thousand year old document that was written over thousands of years by scores of men and has practically no inconsistencies. That, coupled with the fact that I have experienced Christ's power in my own life.....I have made my decision. It's definitely not my position to judge those who do not agree with me.

Yeah but we never ever find human or human like bone with or near dinosaurs, but we always find dinos with or around other dinos, so if anything written in the book of Job has anything to do with dinosaurs... it doesn't. the book of Job describes one man being fucked around by God because Satan challanged him.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Spike Spiegel said:
And another thing, you religious nuts keep quoting the bible as a source of truth. Can we knock that off for a second? For, as Luke said to Han Solo

"may the force be with you"

You see, luke knew the force was there. All around them. He knew it would take care of them. And he knew... he KNEW that he didn't need to use his targeting computer, and that the force would help him destroy the death star.

My advice to you is to let the force be with you, and don't go to church. You will see, everything will work out.

See how insane that is? So, stop it already with quoting a book of fiction made up by long since dead dudes that didn't know about the universe, dinosaurs, or equal rights to women.

So you tell me to stop quoting the Bible because its "fictional" yet you quote Star Wars? Think about it man...Sounds to me like you have just had bad experiences with your CHURCH but never really seeked God. Its not about church man. Thats the lie of the world. Oh and one more thing, if it is indeed fictional as you keep saying it is, it still isnt something that would hurt you any to follow. The values it teaches are good for your life. Are you going to try to tell me that they aren't? Think about it.

As for me? I am just starting out with this all. I wouldn't call myself a Christian yet, but I am studying the Bible. What made me start to study is that verse I quoted earlier "Seek and you will find". This gives me a proof. If I really do seek God with my whole heart, and do not find him, then sure I can right it off as fake. If I do find him though, I will know the truth, just as many people around me now do. So why not take the challenge? What is there to lose? Going to church every Sunday is not seeking God with your whole heart. Reading the Bible, living it, and praying to God is. You have to make the choice to believe its real and seek it out. The beginnings of the universe are impossible for our minds to grasp, so anything regarding its origins; Christian based or not, we have to take a leap of faith to believe. I know this all started somewhere though, so this is why I made the choice to try to seek God. I have seen peoples lives changed for the better, people that I thought would never even imagine being as they are now, after they picked up the Bible and started following it.

I gotta go to sleep man.

Later.

-Mike

Edit: I recommend the non denominational Church of Christ. They have them all over the United States and the world. I go to the one here in Tokyo. They teach the BIBLE says, not what they think. I think denominations are ridiculous by the way. Followers of God are followers of God because there is only one God and one Bible. Everyone who makes mistakes is not a hypocrite, I make mistakes all the time. Its the attitude of the heart and mind that matters. Like I said earlier, is one trying to change their bad habits, or making no attempt at all and using God as an insurance policy? It isn't easy man. Its hard for everyone including me, especially being out here in Tokyo. I sway back and forth. I am trying to change for the better though because I know my future will be great if I do.

Last edited:

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
Neo Maikeru said:
Your not getting what I am saying Spike. If anyone is cheating on their spouse they are not following God no matter how religious they claim to be. This is not what the Bible instructs anyone to do. The chaos was caused by sin, when adultry took place. The Bible never says that Christians lives will be perfectly rosey all the time, what I am saying though is that their life will be a whole lot better if they follow God and they will be able to deal with tragic situations in better ways.

Your church not allowing her to get a divorce regardless of the fact that there was adultry involved is not following the Bibles teachings as well. The Bible clearly says that the only circumstance one should leave their husband/wife under is if adultry takes place. Sounds to me like the problem is your church. You know, following Jesus isnt even about church as much as it is reading the Bible and using it as your guidline to life. When one follows the Bible and have a relationship with God, they WANT to go to church to praise God. It is not something they force themselves to do. Sure, everyone messes up, I am sure many people out there have had premarital sex and called themselves Christians, and some of them are regardless of what they have done. God forgives us, its about our attitude. Are we trying to change our lifestlye or are we using God as more of an insurance plan "just in case its real" and living however we want again and again? Thats the difference.

I don't care how many hypocrites their are in church. I admit, there are many. I just talked about them in my previous post, "The Sunday Christians". These people are not seeking God with all of their heart. They are treating it as a tradition and not a lifestyle.

Quoted For Truth.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You honestly think that Earth is 6,000 years old?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I can't figure out whether this is a very clever trolling thread, or just a dull idea for a dull short story...

Either way, I know better than to agrue with people about their beliefs, particularly on the 'net.

That being said, I don't personally have an imaginary friend that watches out for/punishes me when I sin. And I've always been a bit, say, surprised when someone believes in the bible as literal truth. I only have one Christian friend, but he hates what he calles "Bible thumpers" about ten times more than I do... I guess he thinks they make him look bad?

Ah well. To each his/her own, that's good enough for me. Believe whatever you like, it's not skin off my nose.

But as a final note: I reccomend the book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins to anyone who wants to logically debate the existence of god. It probably won't change your mind if you have an emotional stake in the issue (unless you're on the fence about it), but it's a very well constructed argument that soundly debunks the idea of god, Judeo-Christian or otherwise. Check it out.

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
jro said:
You honestly think that Earth is 6,000 years old?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Scripture doesn't blatantly say that. However, if you follow the Biblical timeline then that is what it comes out to be.

Jro, everything you know...everything you believe....is something that you've heard someone else say or you've read that someone else wrote.

Same for me.

However, the men that I believe wrote and said what they did because they were inspired by the Holy Spirit himself.......not because of man's foolishness and pride.

And I use the words "foolishness" and "pride" for a reason. Pride is what caused the devil to lose his place in Heaven. Pride is what causes us to lose our place with God too. And foolishness......

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness'; and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.'" 1 Corinthians 3:19-20

"and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools..." Romans 1:22

"...the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
1 Corinthians 2:14-15

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' Psalm 53:1

"A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart." Proverbs 18:2

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
1 Corinthians 1:25

If my mind can comprehend the God that I worship, then he isn't worth worshiping at all.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the true antichrist is revealed as an android leader who wants mankind destroyed once and for all.

This thread just got great.

to quote a recent conversation I had with some friends

#1"Yea my aunt is one of those super religious types"
me"how so? Does she protest military funerals?"
#1"no she believes the earth is like 5,000 years old"
#2"your Aunt is fucking retarded"

its called carbon dating

CARBON FUCKING DATING!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Fish_Monger said:
If my mind can comprehend the God that I worship, then he isn't worth worshiping at all.

You should have prayed that your brother wouldn't turn out to be a fucked up drug addict.

You offered no prayers and god punished your brother for your disloyalty.

Besides, this would have never happened to him had you truly had the love of christ in your heart, so I see right through your wanna-be "faith".

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Whats going on here? Bible Belt meeting?:spock:
raptorjesus.jpg

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
Jesus' limitless compassion even extended to dinosaurs:

jesusexpand.jpg

That's not your momma's cuddly herbivore either that's a fucking meat-loving Raptor!

Best Picture i have seen EVER!:buttrock:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Neo_Maikeru, if you honestly believe that christians lead smoother lives you need to:

Read a newspaper
Read the bible

In neither of these good books do christians lead smoother lives.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
You do know there are other religions that are NOT based on some Jewish guy that was good at tricks and pissed off everyone that he got himself hung on a cross, right? The bible is fiction, my friend. I'm sorry.

Hmm... you obviously haven't read Jewish War, Antiquities of the Jews, (Both by Titus Flavius Josephus) or any other non Christian historical sources that basically back up what the bible says.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Hmm... you obviously haven't read Jewish War, Antiquities of the Jews, (Both by Titus Flavius Josephus) or any other non Christian historical sources that basically back up what the bible says.

"Beginning with the story of Creation, he outlines Jewish history. Abraham taught science to the Egyptians, who in turn taught the Greeks. Moses set up a senatorial priestly aristocracy, which like that of Rome resisted monarchy. The great figures of the biblical stories are presented as ideal philosopher-leaders."

Um, ok.

Just because some Roman wrote it down doesnt mean it happened.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Just because some Roman wrote it down doesnt mean it happened.

Speaking of which, what's Xenu up to these days?

According to Scientology, Christianity was made up by the aliens so that people here on earth would believe in it... falsely. I'm not joking.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
According to Scientology, Christianity was made up by the aliens so that people here on earth would believe in it... falsely. I'm not joking.

Did jesus shead a tear when gooseman died ?

Nope, he didn't even send a card or flowers.

Tom Cruise > jesus

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Did jesus shead a tear when gooseman died ?

Nope, he didn't even send a card or flowers.

Tom Cruise > jesus

Oh my god, now that you mention it, I don't think Jesus was even in the credits. Tom Cruise is our new god?

SSS

neo retired
seems pretty selfish, only to act "good" during your life just because you expect a reward at the end.

like kids who believe in santa, they only behave in anticipation of the present, not from any real wanting to.

and polytheism existed first, how do you explain that little discrepancy in your history of the earth?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
people don't like satan because he is in fact Boog

Fish_Monger said:
Dinosaurs are described in the book of Job, so yes aside from their obvious remains I believe in them.

*edit*

And what do Dinosaurs have to do with anything? Roffle! Way to come out of left field there. Besides, I do not have to defend or persuade the truth of my God to anyone. I just have to give an account. And here it is:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Romans 1:20
I am Satan and I like icecream and poop just like you. can I get an amen

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
and polytheism existed first, how do you explain that little discrepancy in your history of the earth?

Christianity is polythistic, no? God/Satan.

I'd say poly or... halfy... in the sense that only half a god was created - musculine and not inclusive of feminine.