If by some wierd chance that we all met one day....

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
SPINMASTER X said:
one of the 2 guys I give credit to for me being here today(taught me street fighter and introduced me to fatal fury back in the early 90's) lives there as well. But i'm pretty sure montgomery doesn't have much of a happenin scene.

It doesn't, but Aladdin's Castle, our only surviving Arcade, has some good people in there playing stuff on the weekends. Tekken 5 mostly now though.

68k said:
Heh, you live in the same gangster town I live in.

I'd so move, but the Comic Book stores here are the best I've been in. I love getting discounts on all the crap I buy.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
It doesn't, but Aladdin's Castle, our only surviving Arcade, has some good people in there playing stuff on the weekends. Tekken 5 mostly now though.

In the Eastdale Mall?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I'd bring my magic cards to challenge Shawn...

I have a feeling you would be served.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
jro said:
I wouldn't want to actually fight anyone, but I would love to get in the ring or a cage with any of the wrestlers (VT), Capoeira dudes (SPIN), or generally big strong tough dudes (Spike, Argentina 94, Makismo!! YES!!) to try out my BJJ against some good competition.

That would kick ass.

Oh, and Merc, too. I'm sure he has his own ass kicking style.

I would love to also, but alas, I gave up sparring a few years ago. I just instruct a little bit whenever the mood hits me and hit a heavy bag once every few weeks to feel like I haven't "lost it". I'm not even close to any shape more than a few minutes of live sparring. I could probably go 10-15 straight and then collapse for about 3 days.

As good as I got at Sambo and Straight wrestling, I always had a penchant for striking. If I couldn't land something in the first minute though, I would just throw the guy and roll into a elbow/wrist lock or choke them out in a front chancery.

I have to admit though, My left jab sucks, it's like getting hit with a wet sock. I never worked on evening out my strikes. I just learned enough to cover my ass when I went "live" in the room. My right hand is absolutely dynamite, though. If we sat around drinking I'd tell you about my fabulous one punch KO.

(Perfectly landed on the jaw, two finger space, right in front of the ear.. guy was out before he hit the ground.)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
Just Tekken 5? All the Namco arcades around me got the Dark Ressurection upgrade.
I figured it was coorporate wide. Guess not.

Tacitus

Staff member
You guys should tap each other's mana in the bathroom, away from the lesser dorks.

(...and by mana, I mean asses.)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
GD said:
I have a feeling you would be served.

My deck will consist solely of Demonic Attorneys and swamplands.

A more obnoxious foe you'll never find!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
You guys should tap each other's mana in the bathroom, away from the lesser dorks.

(...and by mana, I mean asses.)

ha ha.. there are no ass lands you can tap for mana.

What decks are you playing with?

Tacitus

Staff member
wasabi said:
ha ha.. there are no ass lands you can tap for mana.

What decks are you playing with?

The hot ones, obviously.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
The hot ones, obviously.
Hey you got the jester's hat, you artifact freak you!

Magic is for sophisticated dorks, get it straight!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Hey you got the jester's hat, you artifact freak you!

Yes, he's definitely reading from Urza's joke book tonight at the Laugh Barn

aria

Former Moderator
electricgrave said:

I always thought of them as the dorks who disappeared in the library during lunch...

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Do a lot of you East Coast peeps still go to Otakon in Baltimore?
I'm about 90% certain I'll be there in August, and I'd love to throw down with some of you folks. 98, SSII, MOTW, whateva. I'd love to see some serious skills and sharpen my own.

Actually this year Otakon is in July (7/20-7/22). It is probably the best video game convention in the country. In additon to the gameroom they had panels on video games (like a shmups panel), and import game sellers (like myself with 200sqft full of games). There were a lot of N-G.comers that attended last year (Maybe 15-25 at least).

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
68k said:
In the Eastdale Mall?

Yeah. Last time I played anyone though, I got my ass handed to me in MvC2.

KagerouSama said:
Just Tekken 5? All the Namco arcades around me got the Dark Ressurection upgrade.
I figured it was coorporate wide. Guess not.

Maybe, I haven't like Tekken since 3 so I kept on walking.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
16-bit said:
Actually this year Otakon is in July (7/20-7/22). It is probably the best video game convention in the country. In additon to the gameroom they had panels on video games (like a shmups panel), and import game sellers (like myself with 200sqft full of games). There were a lot of N-G.comers that attended last year (Maybe 15-25 at least).

Oh snap...thanks for the heads up. I'm very serious about going...the only possible hitch is that if a friend of mine ends up in Japan for the JET program, my travel cash will be blown on visiting him...but if that falls through, Otakon here I come. Rock on. Got a friend who will put me up at night, and it should be a good time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Bobak said:
I always thought of them as the dorks who disappeared in the library during lunch...
Or at a Denny's at wee morning hours...

Magic is great along some black metal tunes and black russian!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
Yeah. Last time I played anyone though, I got my ass handed to me in MvC2.

Same here, that game is full of cheapness, or I'm just not good enough. I use to be decent at the previous vs series, but that was long ago.

Tacitus

Staff member
norton9478 said:
VT made me hug a tree once.

Hahaha.. wasn't that a condition to letting you in to my house?

I'm a crazy dem now, maybe I should atone for that one.