Generic Shit on LinkedIn

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
IMG_8274.jpeg

Anyone else noticed LinkedIn is becoming more a social media channel and less a professional network?

Using this screenshot as an example. Influencers constantly barrage you with generic / obvious / feel good shit for clicks / likes.

What is there goal here? Can you make money from LinkedIn? Or is this just some cringe vanity project for them?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You haven't seen the worst yet, ChatGPT generated posts that talk about a trendy topic in the most generic way possible, always with the same structure and a barely sane illustration. That place is below facebook tier.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Some people post almost daily on LinkedIn. It makes me wonder what their other socials look like.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
My Linkedin in says I work at Carvel.
I mostly did this to troll my high school reunion....
Fuck all these stupid professional jerk off sites.
1711972068712.png

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
You haven't seen the worst yet, ChatGPT generated posts that talk about a trendy topic in the most generic way possible, always with the same structure and a barely sane illustration. That place is below facebook tier.

AI is no match for the natural crazies. Some real whackjobs on LinkedIn...

post2.PNG
post3.PNG

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Some people post almost daily on LinkedIn. It makes me wonder what their other socials look like.
If I were upper management at a large corporation, I'd probably check to see who has lots of posts there, and make a note that they seem to have a lot of free time on their hands.

A few years back my company had its own social media facebook-lite on our intranet. Not surprisingly, only middle managers ever posted on it and wondered why they didn't get more engagement from the workers or the upper management. A lot of those positions are gone now.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Time "Person of the Year" award winners.
636166966872092727-AFP-AFP-IV67-D-1967955599.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
A lot of my clients are asking me to tailor stuff specifically for LinkedIn. I don’t know why they’re paying less attention to the main social platforms these days. Maybe they are catching on that no one cares.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
My career is in HR Talent Management, and I've had to sit back and watch LinkedIn take over both recruiting and development in all organizations I've worked in over the last decade. Like it or not, if you want a corpo job these days, it's more or less imperative to interact with it in one way or another.

Micro$oft paid $26 Billion to purchase LI, and you best believe they work tirelessly to ensure businesses are not only reliant on their productivity software suite and operating systems, but also now for their their social media presence, recruitment, and development functions. MS makes over $15 billion a year in revenue off of the platform - $7 Billion from recruitment fees alone. It's absolutely insane.

LinkedIn is the very definition of a stinking cesspool of corporate greed and mediocrity.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
What makes me laugh about it, is it's constantly encouraging you to look at other jobs, even if you've recently changed jobs!!

It's like one of those annoying finance companies that's constantly trying to get you to take out loans and just bury you in debt.