FS: Analogue Interactive Walnut CMVS LumberJack Edition Pseudo Black Label

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I stand behind my products and have never turned down a repair request. Even those well past the warranty period.

I'm sure you don't. The two I fixed were more just for convenience, one guy moved to Hawaii and the other was sending me a couple things to fix so he figured he'd throw it in.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
That's good to know, so what's going on here with this situation?

As of this evening, the barkless beast is in the hands of USPS, due for touchdown mid-next week. I'll definitely update again once everything's landed.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Omega.jpg

Just wanted to update with this picture of the lovely Omega console chewing on a hunk of Analogue Interactive ebonized ash. Quan cut no corners here and I really have a machine I can be proud to own!

To be fair, the AI-CMVS decks are beautiful and I haven't heard anyone else chime in with the same issues I had. Furthermore, Chris responded to every single email I sent (and there were a good handful) as well as offering to resolve the issue with my first deck. At the end of the day though, I feel the Omega system is more likely to hold up better over time and is the right system for me. :)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
View attachment 25036

Just wanted to update with this picture of the lovely Omega console chewing on a hunk of Analogue Interactive ebonized ash. Quan cut no corners here and I really have a machine I can be proud to own!

To be fair, the AI-CMVS decks are beautiful and I haven't heard anyone else chime in with the same issues I had. Furthermore, Chris responded to every single email I sent (and there were a good handful) as well as offering to resolve the issue with my first deck. At the end of the day though, I feel the Omega system is more likely to hold up better over time and is the right system for me. :)

nice, rusty! looks great man!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Them Omegas are sexy, I've seen them in action at a meetup and they rock! Wouldn't mind having a setup for the road as my CMVS 2 slot is rather beasty.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Glad you got what you wanted with the omega :)

This thread was an eye opener as i didn't expect an AI to degrade like that. I'll have to keep a keen eye on mine now which is a mk1.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Oh he's not alone on this AI problems, just got a PM with someone having problems with the casing of an AI stick. Seems the wood isn't meant for this kind of work, bad on theiur part for not choosing something more akin to that type of work, I mean you could have bought wood suited for the work, same price too, so it's not that they chose to be cheap but instead whomever did the wood work or bought the material had no idea what they were doing. Horrible situation considering the price tag.

Top that with their lack or varnish and no protection to the naked wood knowing full well how porous walnut can be, you gotta be a blind naïve wood worker to not notice or forsee this happening. Oil is out of the question as we have electronics going on. The cases for these units are a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Oh he's not alone on this AI problems, just got a PM with someone having problems with the casing of an AI stick. Seems the wood isn't meant for this kind of work, bad on theiur part for not choosing something more akin to that type of work, I mean you could have bought wood suited for the work, same price too, so it's not that they chose to be cheap but instead whomever did the wood work or bought the material had no idea what they were doing. Horrible situation considering the price tag.

Top that with their lack or varnish and no protection to the naked wood knowing full well how porous walnut can be, you gotta be a blind naïve wood worker to not notice or forsee this happening. Oil is out of the question as we have electronics going on. The cases for these units are a disaster waiting to happen.

I figured it unlikely that out of hundreds of units sold I ended up with the only two in the world that split. Until now I hadn't heard of anyone else having problems though. I've been trying to keep positive; AI customer service is very good. Unfortunately, the underlying issues in the product itself were never fully addressed.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Oh he's not alone on this AI problems

I'm another one. Haven't had any problems with the wood, but my component signal has a green tint to it. Really shitty.. but at least the s-video is clear. I'll probably solicit help to get it fixed later down the road.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I've been hearing horror stories of their workmanship inside the units and sticks, so yeah, apparently this is overpriced for no good reason. I'm gonna stick with my CMVS2 until I can score an Omega at a decent price or until madman decides to let me have it! Do it madman, you don't need more Neo in your life, I'm telling you bro!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I'm gonna stick with my CMVS2 until I can score an Omega at a decent price or until madman decides to let me have it! Do it madman, you don't need more Neo in your life, I'm telling you bro!
While I regret selling my Egret 2 that I put a ton of work into, I regretted selling the Neo stuff even more. I long considered emulation, but when I score Metal Slug X and NTM again I'll be in heaven. Luckily I had the sense to save a MS1 kit.

PS. Sorry for the OT thread crapping.

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Back to the thread I told my wife about this and she suggested using 'wood silk'. She uses it on the sheesham dining room furniture.

It says on the bottle it's non-silicone, no water and made with beeswax and nutrient oils. It replaces lost oils lost by direct heat and central heating. For use on gloss, satin and matt wood finishes and ideal for solid wood / reproduction furniture. Do not use on unsealed wooden surfaces (including scratches), particularly on lighter coloured furniture.

What do you think, would you use this on your walnut AI CMVS?