FS: Analogue Interactive Walnut CMVS LumberJack Edition Pseudo Black Label

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
---TRADED---

For the lumberjack who has everything, I present to you one pre-hewn hunk of timber by Analogue Interactive.

This deck features a nice slab of walnut felled only by an interest it took in contracting. Despite being babied, it has developed this "character", hence the more accessible pricing.

Fitted with optional internal memory card and UniBIOS 3.2, it offers the complete Neo Geo experience. Included with the deck are Composite, S-Video and RGB (via EURO SCART) cables. Power supply with US prongs included.

Please be sure to check out the image links below to better understand this machine.

AICMVS01_zpsbrrwvri5.jpg

The Upper Deck

The Lower Deck

Lower Deck Close-Up

Front Corner

Top Left Hand Cart Slot

Top Right Hand Cart Slot

Top Right Hand Corner

AV Port, Power Switch & Jack

Back Panel Power Switch Close-Up showing a couple spots of factory tear-out

The System with its Mouth Full (Game Not Included)

Custom Uni-BIOS screen

Sampling of UniBIOS Goodies

---TRADED--- Price: $445 Shipped & Insured within USA. ---TRADED--- Payment via PayPal.

Thanks for looking,

-Jon

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
For the lumberjack ...

kekeke_large.gif

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Because wood can crack. Unless you store it in a humidor, it just happens.

Christoph should make an AI engraved humidor as a supplemental purchase option, $899.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
All jokes aside, that's a really good price if you can put up with having a furniture console.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What exactly is happening with that front corner?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

Yeah, that seems to be the case. This console has been sitting in an air-conditioned environment, away from direct sunlight (before the pictures were taken) and in 50% humidity and this still happened to this and the ebonized ash unit I had before it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0

In this case, it likely happened due to poor construction. Finished, properly assembled wood generally does not crack.

I guess we won't be seeing the AI on the Antiques Roadshow in 100 years :(

PS. Nice price, BTW. Buyer could probably repair and make it hardly noticeable.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If there was ever a thread created with ACTUAL physical evidence to endorse/support the superiority of the Omega CMVS > AI Wooden CMVS's...

Does not fall into the category of "negative publicity is still publicity".

amirite?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Fence-sitters? I can be a little flexible on the price. Alternatively, perhaps partial trades on other interesting game-related items...

Such as...
* Majora's Mask New 3DS XL
* Ganryu MVS cart (w/good original label)
* Money Puzzle Exchanger (w/good original label)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
There's this wood cover up pen with some sort of wood putty/wood wax that's used in antique restoration and upholstery business, it does wonders on wood work. I say to whomever buys this to glue slightly first and then use the product to cover up any sort of blemishes.

Price isn't horrible and if you're willing to work a deal even better. There's a new dude looking for a CMVS, I'll refer him to this thread.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
hey jon-

how long have you have this thing? Tbh- i would alert mr. pizza about this machine literally falling apart. It would seem like something he would cover in his warranty.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
hey jon-

how long have you have this thing? Tbh- i would alert mr. pizza about this machine literally falling apart. It would seem like something he would cover in his warranty.

Received this one on 9/12/2014. Spotted the cracking just under 4 months later & contacted "Mr.Pizza" 01/01/2015. To his credit, this unit actually was sent to me as a replacement for my previous system that split at two seams near the cartridge slot. I was not offered a repair/replacement the second time, and frankly I wouldn't put much faith in another holding up any better. I was told that out of hundreds, I was the only one to have any issues with splitting.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Out of hundreds you had 2 units that split...hmmmn...coincidence? Either Mr. Pizza has his QA statistics completely wrong as the coincidence is far too ridiculous or you have something in the environment affecting the wood, one of the 2 for sure. It's wood though, it happens specially when the wood isn't varnished (heavily), especially porous wood like walnut. Just my opinion. Even at that, the solution is simple as I stated previously.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Out of hundreds you had 2 units that split...hmmmn...coincidence? Either Mr. Pizza has his QA statistics completely wrong as the coincidence is far too ridiculous or you have something in the environment affecting the wood, one of the 2 for sure. It's wood though, it happens specially when the wood isn't varnished (heavily), especially porous wood like walnut. Just my opinion. Even at that, the solution is simple as I stated previously.

Yes, exactly. If it is something in the environment, I'd be interested to know what kept both my ebonized ash sticks and one of the two walnut sticks perfectly intact. Who knows, maybe I expected too much from a $700 console. :loco:
I do appreciate your input on this. Cheers!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Received this one on 9/12/2014. Spotted the cracking just under 4 months later & contacted "Mr.Pizza" 01/01/2015. To his credit, this unit actually was sent to me as a replacement for my previous system that split at two seams near the cartridge slot. I was not offered a repair/replacement the second time, and frankly I wouldn't put much faith in another holding up any better. I was told that out of hundreds, I was the only one to have any issues with splitting.

if you were the only one with issues, then he does not stand to lose much in terms of overhead to stand behind his shit. Im really sorry you had this issue. especially since your sticks seem to be doing ok.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
if you were the only one with issues, then he does not stand to lose much in terms of overhead to stand behind his shit. Im really sorry you had this issue. especially since your sticks seem to be doing ok.

I'm in kind of an awkward spot because he did replace the console once and responded, without fail, to every email I sent. At the end of the day, I just don't have a lot of faith in the products (sticks aside). He addressed some other issues I brought up with the replacement, but the "outstanding attention to detail" continually fell short under my glance. Not to go off on a tangent...

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Update:

Saint Quan of Omega has taken pity on me and appeared in a vision (or maybe it was a PM), and arranged to trade one of his sleek machines for my block of timber! Lest my karma take a turn for the worse, I accepted (gladly) and this aerated walnut deck is now spoken for. Kudos & big thanks to Quan for doing this!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Update:

Saint Quan of Omega has taken pity on me and appeared in a vision (or maybe it was a PM), and arranged to trade one of his sleek machines for my block of timber! Lest my karma take a turn for the worse, I accepted (gladly) and this aerated walnut deck is now spoken for. Kudos & big thanks to Quan for doing this!

look out! omega fixing pizza problems!

nice job quan!

brettybluevein

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow, major kudos to Quan for stepping in and saving the day here. I love my Omega! And after seeing those photos, there's no way in hell I'd ever spend money on an Analogue.