Firearm enthusiast thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have an astigmatism and an eotech. It's still all fucked up looking.
I have learned to just deal with it but the prismatic site has become my preference.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Is that weird half moon notch in the underlug for a bipod?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What's the opinion on combination firearms? Seems like more work than it's worth.

HellioN

20 Year Member
You mean like an over-under .22LR/.410 shotgun?
Or duct taping a rocket lawn chair to your heavy machine gun?

Congrats man, looks fun.

The eo-tech is still a bit blurry but I think Im going to keep it, prism scopes remain king for my geezer eyes. I really hate how close to them you have to be, also the reticles, just gimme a fine dot in my 1x prism.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You mean like an over-under .22LR/.410 shotgun?
Or duct taping a rocket lawn chair to your heavy machine gun?
Yeah exactly .22LR/.410. They look interesting enough.

I am also interested in a rocket lawn chair with built in cooler.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Yeah exactly .22LR/.410. They look interesting enough.

I am also interested in a rocket lawn chair with built in cooler.
Best I could do for you.

Those 22/410 combos far as I can tell are really meant for emergency survival.
Like bush pilots and hikers.
Gives you the ability to take small game (rabbits, squirrels, small birds) for food.
They don't weigh much and most of them fold in half.
100 rounds of .22lr fit in your pocket and 5/10 rounds of .410 isn't bulky.
They are also very simple and tend to be sturdy.
Neat but I don't have a use for one.

Me neither but lets just pretend that Im the kind of redneck neanderthal which mag dumping short barreled AK’s into broken small appliances gives immeasurable pleasure to.

HellioN

20 Year Member
YES...........YES...........Muahahahaha..............You're finally come to the woke side and become a Californian.
It was the poop filled streets, I couldn't resist the fragrance any longer.

any of you fuckers ever spray paint any of your guns? Im kind of really digging shitty spray painted battle worn firearms, especially when theyve had very specific camo: rhodesian, vietnam tiger stripes, urban digital. I love it when theyve got layers of several different spray jobs, and you can see it through the scrapes and wear and dings.

I also like that it makes most other firearm owners cringe. Im thinking of going for it on my vityaz clone as its one of my cheapest. I definitely could not bring myself to do this on most of my stuff but would like to try it on something. Curious if any of you have done this to any of your own firearms and your thoughts?

Im specifically talking about spray paint here so it does look half shitty and drippy and wear like real battlefield camo. I fucking hate all the cera-coated super pretty and perfect firearms, im not talking about that.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
any of you fuckers ever spray paint any of your guns? Im kind of really digging shitty spray painted battle worn firearms, especially when theyve had very specific camo: rhodesian, vietnam tiger stripes, urban digital. I love it when theyve got layers of several different spray jobs, and you can see it through the scrapes and wear and dings.

I also like that it makes most other firearm owners cringe. Im thinking of going for it on my vityaz clone as its one of my cheapest. I definitely could not bring myself to do this on most of my stuff but would like to try it on something. Curious if any of you have done this to any of your own firearms and your thoughts?

Im specifically talking about spray paint here so it does look half shitty and drippy and wear like real battlefield camo. I fucking hate all the cera-coated super pretty and perfect firearms, im not talking about that.
No I sent my Desert Eagle out like 4 years ago for a professional respray. My stuff is too expensive to piss on and I don't own anything cheap like a Hi-point to experiment on. I take care of my stuff but I also don't go as far as custom paint jobs, I just keep it stock, clean, functional and presentable.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I've seen functional decent looking spray paint jobs on rifles. Go ahead and do it, maybe do some reading first and I'm sure you'll want to clean your gun well first.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I just went shooting for the first time a few months ago despite knowing gun guys for my entire adult life. Just pistols so far but I shot a couple different 9mm and a 40 cal. It was a god time, I don’t know what I’m doing and am a terrible shot but would like to have another go at it.

That said I’d like to get into something that’s either 22 or 9mm so I can actually afford to shoot it. I feel like I’d like a rifle more than a pistol but I’ve yet to try. I also have a hankering to shoot an MP5 an live my Die Hard fantasy, thankfully there’s a local range that has rentals and they’ve got one.

Any recommendations for cool 22 or 9mm stuff, pistol, SMG or rifle? Really not looking to go full collector mode, just have a few high quality reliable pieces.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Can’t go wrong with a Ruger 10/22. You can upgrade it or dress it up as gawdily or tastelessly as you want.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Hi-Point is releasing a 10mm and I kind of want it.
WTH..........WTF

I would jump in on that if only I lived in a free state

I just went shooting for the first time a few months ago despite knowing gun guys for my entire adult life. Just pistols so far but I shot a couple different 9mm and a 40 cal. It was a god time, I don’t know what I’m doing and am a terrible shot but would like to have another go at it.

That said I’d like to get into something that’s either 22 or 9mm so I can actually afford to shoot it. I feel like I’d like a rifle more than a pistol but I’ve yet to try. I also have a hankering to shoot an MP5 an live my Die Hard fantasy, thankfully there’s a local range that has rentals and they’ve got one.

Any recommendations for cool 22 or 9mm stuff, pistol, SMG or rifle? Really not looking to go full collector mode, just have a few high quality reliable pieces.

Don't be so hard on yourself, my vision is so deteriorated I can't hit distant targets without a reflex sight. I didn't get into this hobby until around 11 years ago