CO-vid19 Tests + For Rand Paul

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The early debates with everyone jostling to be the most super woke were excruciating to watch. Banning private health insurance, decriminalizing illegal immigration and token diversity pledges are not what struggling Americans need or want to hear.

In retrospect, supporting Sanders was apparently a mistake. Say what you want about Warren but at least she didn't bring a knife to a gun fight.

I keep thinking back to 2016 when Sanders was trying to campaign on his own platform, and BLM members hijacked the microphone at his own event. He tried to be diplomatic about it. But why bother? They weren't being genuine about it. Why take that issue to a place where it will merely serve to suck the oxygen out the room and drive the audience away? Wokeness is a hand grenade pretending to be a gun. Squeeze the trigger but no bullets come out. Within seconds realize you're fucked.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Healthcare 10 years ago was a big issue.

Healthcare 20 years ago was a big issue.

Moderates don't do much. Nothing progresses with moderates, wasabi.

I don't have an answer. I'm not a professional in anything. But Sanders clearly appeals to the masses. There's something there.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Healthcare 10 years ago was a big issue.

Healthcare 20 years ago was a big issue.

Moderates don't do much. Nothing progresses with moderates, wasabi.

Sure, that's an argument. No one has progressed anything. Obama's ACA gave diabetics a path to insurance that they didn't have previously, and wouldn't have with McCain, but yeah, moderates right? They did nothing. And while gay rights improved dramatically under moderate liberals, with conservative majority supreme court, sure, moderates just don't push the needle.

Unfortunately progressives were more focused on transgender rights, or the lazy legalization of cannabis.

Marek

Banned
Your thing with cannabis is pretty interesting.

Its so much more about prison/legal reform than anything else, and yet you speak about it with disdain on a regular basis as if the only reason it should be legal is for retarded college freshman to do bong rips.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Your thing with cannabis is pretty interesting.

Its so much more about prison/legal reform than anything else, and yet you speak about it with disdain on a regular basis as if the only reason it should be legal is for retarded college freshman to do bong rips.

You're projecting now. My issues with cannabis concern the public use of. When people are smoking anything out in public, it creates a decreased quality of life for those around them. Even if I'm a smoker I don't want to smell other people's smoke. That is the present day situation in Washington, D.C. People smoking weed everywhere outside, even though the law dictates that cannabis should be restricted to private property. Hence the legislation is lazy. There needs to be an enforcement component.

If people want to enjoy their drugs in the privacy of a hermetically sealed environment, which I am not going to know about from walking in public spaces, then bully for them. Let them enjoy it.

I was with you until right at the end... ;)

I'm anti-pollution. Maybe I'm more progressive than self-titled progressives.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sure, that's an argument. No one has progressed anything. Obama's ACA gave diabetics a path to insurance that they didn't have previously, and wouldn't have with McCain, but yeah, moderates right? They did nothing. And while gay rights improved dramatically under moderate liberals, with conservative majority supreme court, sure, moderates just don't push the needle.

Unfortunately progressives were more focused on transgender rights, or the lazy legalization of cannabis.

I was with you until right at the end... ;)

Marek

Banned
You're projecting now. My issues with cannabis concern the public use of. When people are smoking anything out in public, it creates a decreased quality of life for those around them. Even if I'm a smoker I don't want to smell other people's smoke. That is the present day situation in Washington, D.C. People smoking weed everywhere outside, even though the law dictates that cannabis should be restricted to private property. Hence the legislation is lazy. There needs to be an enforcement component.

If people want to enjoy their drugs in the privacy of a hermetically sealed environment, which I am not going to know about from walking in public spaces, then bully for them. Let them enjoy it.

How the fuck am I projecting?

You called it lazy cannabis legalization. How the fuck am I supposed to infer that, during a discussion of policy, all you mean is that you dont want to smell it at the fucking park or wherever else?

Projection? Fuck off dude.

Edit: and fwiw I quit smoking weed years ago

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How the fuck am I projecting?

You called it lazy cannabis legalization. How the fuck am I supposed to infer that, during a discussion of policy, all you mean is that you dont want to smell it at the fucking park or wherever else?

Projection? Fuck off dude.

Edit: and fwiw I quit smoking weed years ago

What did you think lazy legislation meant? There's no enforcement component for restrictive language, and all the people (I'm thinking DC which is majority black outside of NW) who were law abiding when it came to drugs get to look like idiots in their communities, and families, and the youth. The youth are now incentivized to focus their time on smoking cannabis instead of going to school and building some tools to support themselves and their families, outside of selling weed, which is supposed to be illegal, but again, no enforcement of restrictive language in DC.

at this point, DC lawmakers should just remove the restrictive language on public use and sales. I say this about any legislative language that is unenforceable. It's lazy and hurts good laws by association.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Now you're just being stupid. I can't bother to talk to you if you're going to fail to comprehend so lazily.

Either read the posts again until you get it, or I will just ignore you.

Am I wrong in interpreting your position, put simply, as being similar to how most view smoking of cigarettes currently? It is a person's right to be able to smoke cigs if they want to but don't allow it to infringe the rights of others and/or put others at risk. If so, it seems like a reasonable position to me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Am I wrong in interpreting your position, put simply, as being similar to how most view smoking of cigarettes currently? It is a person's right to be able to smoke cigs if they want to but don't allow it to infringe the rights of others and/or put others at risk. If so, it seems like a reasonable position to me.

That is my position. Do what you want but don't hurt/annoy others.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
That is my position. Do what you want but don't hurt/annoy others.

As far as the "lazy legislative" comment, again putting it plainly, seems to be questioning the point of having a law that is not going to be enforced and at best create a gray area of inconsistency. Again, I don't see how this is not a reasonable position.

Marek

Banned
What did you think lazy legislation meant? There's no enforcement component for restrictive language, and all the people (I'm thinking DC which is majority black outside of NW) who were law abiding when it came to drugs get to look like idiots in their communities, and families, and the youth. The youth are now incentivized to focus their time on smoking cannabis instead of going to school and building some tools to support themselves and their families, outside of selling weed, which is supposed to be illegal, but again, no enforcement of restrictive language in DC.

at this point, DC lawmakers should just remove the restrictive language on public use and sales. I say this about any legislative language that is unenforceable. It's lazy and hurts good laws by association.

I assumed lazy legislation to mean that the issue itself was a lazy and unproductive choice to take a any kind of stand on, kind of like trangender bathroom wokeness issues and the like.

It seems like your issue is with decriminalization versus legality and that DC has chosen the former apparently. Thats fair, but Idk how I was supposed to infer that from your snide comments about weed over the past couple months.

As for your comments on the black community and how this is helping or hurting them, you legitimately sound like angry geriatric. Do you have any sort of anecdote, or newspaper article, or literally anything to show me what youre on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
Now you're just being stupid. I can't bother to talk to you if you're going to fail to comprehend so lazily.

Either read the posts again until you get it, or I will just ignore you.

Wait was this what you originally wrote back to me? Jesus christ and I thought I was an arrogant prick :lolz:

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
As for your comments on the black community and how this is helping or hurting them, you legitimately sound like angry geriatric. Do you have any sort of anecdote, or newspaper article, or literally anything to show me what youre on about?

what exactly are you asking for? a news article that shows that decriminalization of cannabis has made prior efforts to observe and uphold the law in vain? That sounds like an opinion. Do you want an oped? Go find one.

Marek

Banned
what exactly are you asking for? a news article that shows that decriminalization of cannabis has made prior efforts to observe and uphold the law in vain? That sounds like an opinion. Do you want an oped? Go find one.

I mean I dont fucking know. You're the one making big claims about how black youth are giving even less of a fuck about school now that weed is decriminalized.

I'm just wondering if youve been volunteering at the fucking boys and girls Club, or if there was some study you read that made you see if that way, a person at work talking about their family members, etc. I mean the burden of proof is squarely on you, the guy making sweeping claims of how decriminalization effects society, more specifically the black community in DC.

But no. This is apparently an opinion that you personally believe because it stands to reason in your mind. And now you're telling me to look up an op ed to prove it? Having just read yours? :lolz:

If thats all youve got to explain yourself then no, thanks.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I mean I dont fucking know. You're the one making big claims about how black youth are giving even less of a fuck about school now that weed is decriminalized.

I'm just wondering if youve been volunteering at the fucking boys and girls Club, or if there was some study you read that made you see if that way, a person at work talking about their family members, etc. I mean the burden of proof is squarely on you, the guy making sweeping claims of how decriminalization effects society, more specifically the black community in DC.

But no. This is apparently an opinion that you personally believe because it stands to reason in your mind. And now you're telling me to look up an op ed to prove it? Having just read yours? :lolz:

If thats all youve got to explain yourself then no, thanks.

You do understand that asking someone to prove their opinions on this site is a waste of time, which you don't have the power to do either way. So when I eyeroll you, just take it on face value. Your challenge was simply not accepted.

Marek

Banned
You do understand that asking someone to prove their opinions on this site is a waste of time, which you don't have the power to do either way. So when I eyeroll you, just take it on face value. Your challenge was simply not accepted.

:thevt:

I just busted you talking out your ass and now you're tilted.

Got it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tilt was the name of my arcade in the shopping mall 20 years ago. It used to be Mindboggle. Mindboggle > Tilt

The arcade is long gone now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Tilt was the name of my arcade in the shopping mall 20 years ago. It used to be Mindboggle. Mindboggle > Tilt

Tilt was an arcade chain. We had them in Pittsburgh at the Monroeville mall where Dawn of the Dead was filmed.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The finance minister of Germany's Hesse state, Thomas Schäfer, committed suicide a couple of days ago, on March 28th this year. The reason being that the "current worries overwhelmed him". Makes one wonder just what exactly did overwhelm him about COVID-19. Information is sparse on this tragic incident. It still appears that politicians are the biggest benefactors of this pandemic so far, the power they gained is frightening, their control over our everyday life is, too. The two main factors to consider are health and economy. Both seem to be in contrast to each other, both are't discussed enough within the context of post-pandemic scenarios and this state of uncertainty seems to further extend that power. It's nothing new, one could say politics as usual, but the scale is outsized this time.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member

There were two of them in the Evansville IN and the some of the guys that worked at those two Tilt locations would come over on like a Friday night and play at the Alladin's Castle here. Then on Saturday I and some other guys from our arcade would go over there and play at theirs.

Trying to get high scores on each other's machines and playing fighting games against the locals. Ah, the good old days of rival arcades.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
COVID deaths are disproportionately spiking in Black + Brown communities.

Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions.

Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Why? Because the chronic toll of redlining, environmental racism, wealth gap, etc. ARE underlying health conditions.

Inequality is a comorbidity. COVID relief should be drafted with a lens of reparations.

Explanation: One of the biggest issues is that people who are not living with 6 figure annual incomes are probably the ones who can't afford not to work during this time, and can't stay home and wait for the checks to roll in. If their employers haven't fired them, can they quit and collect unemployment? Possible, but unlikely. So people without savings to eat into are put into difficult positions, nearly impossible to mitigate health risks.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

just wondering if there was a purpose in directly quoting AOC without attribution.