CO-vid19 Tests + For Rand Paul

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Stole this title from a comment section.

What a prick, if I was his neighbor I'd break his nose too.
Hopefully now we can go and get some stuff done.

Last edited:

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Stole this from a comment section.

What a prick, if I was his neighbor I'd break his nose too.
Hopefully now we can go and get some stuff done.

how true is this?

"Paul’s amendment, which garnered only three votes, aimed to end fraudulent child tax credit claims by requiring a Social Security number. Paul’s amendment would have provided Trump the authority to transfer existing federal funding to pay for coronavirus funding, and it would have ended U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan by the end of the year."

if this was the reason for his dissension, basically where the money is coming from, i have a harder time condemning him.

edit: full transparency: this was i got from the washington examiner. i have no idea what their reputation is so i take it with a grain of salt like i do with every other media outlet. i know the popular thing to say is that only faux news is the proprietar of fake news...but, to me, it seems like all outlets are prone to this. so i take anything i hear with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
how true is this?

if this was the reason for his dissension, basically where the money is coming from, i have a harder time condemning him.

I don't know and I don't care, he's always being a drama queen in the middle of some emergency and I'm tired of it.

grand·stand
/ˈɡran(d)ˌstand/ verbderogatory gerund or present participle: grandstanding

seek to attract applause or favorable attention from spectators or the media.
"they accused him of political grandstanding"

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just a reminder that 'Please government, do something! Anything!' is how we got the Patriot Act.

Only 3 votes for Paul's amendment shows that most of Congress are cowards and Democrats in particular campaign as doves and govern as hawks.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just a reminder that 'Please government, do something! Anything!' is how we got the Patriot Act.

Only 3 votes for Paul's amendment shows that most of Congress are cowards and Democrats in particular campaign as doves and govern as hawks.

It shows that Rand Paul is a faggot who no one likes. Not even the only person who he fought hard to please.

As for how Democrats didn't vote for his amendment - why should they? Why rubberstamp his flaccid feckless shit when it won't even win?

lithy

20 Year Member
As for how Democrats didn't vote for his amendment - why should they? Why rubberstamp his flaccid feckless shit when it won't even win?

Because it's the right thing to do is probably a bridge too far, eh?

And in fairness to Democrats, with only 3 Yes votes, Republicans didn't vote for it either, which in my mind shows that they just play the game but mutual agreement to keep things going. War on Terror will be old enough to drink before we know it, they grow up so fast.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Because it's the right thing to do is probably a bridge too far, eh?

And in fairness to Democrats, with only 3 Yes votes, Republicans didn't vote for it either, which in my mind shows that they just play the game but mutual agreement to keep things going. War on Terror will be old enough to drink before we know it, they grow up so fast.

If McConnell was sincere about helping Americans, he wouldn't have politicized his bill by locking out the democrats, who have more experience with the human condition than McConnell.

Dropping the term democrats in a derogatory fashion makes you sound like eclypse. Don't degrade yourself like that. Just call them politicians.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
But that's what libtardtarians do. That's all they do.

I would go so far as to say they do not. A Libertarian knows that both sides together complete the problem with government and uses those sides each other to achieve the possibility of unregulated enjoyment of ones life and work.

lithy

20 Year Member
Dropping the term democrats in a derogatory fashion makes you sound like eclypse. Don't degrade yourself like that. Just call them politicians.

Did I do that? Or is this like one of those scenarios where Jew is considered offensive when paired with saying something negative about them? If I say politicians, how do I differentiate between the members of the two major political parties in this country without saying Democrats and Republicans?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Did I do that? Or is this like one of those scenarios where Jew is considered offensive when paired with saying something negative about them? If I say politicians, how do I differentiate between the members of the two major political parties in this country without saying Democrats and Republicans?

Yeah, Urkle, you called out dems when the problem was two sided.

People need help, as this wasn't something people were reasonably expect to prepare for, but we also have a political system that should be non-partisan in issues like this, and moreover, the constantly raising cost of the bailout shouldn't prioritize the mega corporations and whatever McConnell and his crew of thieves want.

lithy

20 Year Member
Yeah, Urkle, you called out dems when the problem was two sided.

People need help, as this wasn't something people were reasonably expect to prepare for, but we also have a political system that should be non-partisan in issues like this, and moreover, the constantly raising cost of the bailout shouldn't prioritize the mega corporations and whatever McConnell and his crew of thieves want.

Republicans generally don't campaign on ending our wars and then vote for continuing them at every opportunity, they campaign for bombing more brown people and then vote for it. At least you get what you pay for.

Everyone should reasonably expect to prepare for being out of work for at least 3 months (preferably a year) at any time for any reason, but we have a political system that coddles and promotes debt so that Americans don't save any money and more than half of the country says they can't afford an unexpected $1000 expense.

And on the other hand, we have companies that have gorged on cheap debt for a decade that are the first to show up to the steps of the capitol begging for money. Let them go bankrupt.

This structure cannot be propped up by printing money and shelling out imaginary space bucks forever, but no one wants to be the one holding the bag when the whole thing falls apart, so we'll just steal money from average savers via inflation and hand it out like candy at Halloween.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Republicans generally don't campaign on ending our wars and then vote for continuing them at every opportunity, they campaign for bombing more brown people and then vote for it. At least you get what you pay for.

Everyone should reasonably expect to prepare for being out of work for at least 3 months (preferably a year) at any time for any reason, but we have a political system that coddles and promotes debt so that Americans don't save any money and more than half of the country says they can't afford an unexpected $1000 expense.

And on the other hand, we have companies that have gorged on cheap debt for a decade that are the first to show up to the steps of the capitol begging for money. Let them go bankrupt.

This structure cannot be propped up by printing money and shelling out imaginary space bucks forever, but no one wants to be the one holding the bag when the whole thing falls apart, so we'll just steal money from average savers via inflation and hand it out like candy at Halloween.

I don't agree that people need to be prepared for a year of unemployment, much less 3 months. It strikes me as a failure of government.

The big companies that took all the loans are fine. Seriously, they're a-o-k. But they are going to be given fast-track preferred status to access 2, 3, 4, whatever trillion dollars when the relief bill is pushed through, which we as tax payers will figure out when Trump and McConnell are long gone, because it's made for the the mega corps, not the small businesses. It would be par for the course that when a politician signals a crisis with one hand, he steals from the people with the other. Yes, I agree, those big companies can get fucked. But I don't think they will.

lithy

20 Year Member
I don't agree that people need to be prepared for a year of unemployment, much less 3 months. It strikes me as a failure of government.

I would have thought, given the recent arguments I've seen you make against Sanders, that you would be a little more on board with this at least. What are people responsible for themselves then? What does it say about our priorities that the average percentage of income saved has halved in 50 years?

The big companies that took all the loans are fine. Seriously, they're a-o-k. But they are going to be given fast-track preferred status to access 2, 3, 4, whatever trillion dollars when the relief bill is pushed through, which we as tax payers will figure out when Trump and McConnell are long gone, because it's made for the the mega corps, not the small businesses. It would be par for the course that when a politician signals a crisis with one hand, he steals from the people with the other. Yes, I agree, those big companies can get fucked. But I don't think they will.

I agree with this, including that many companies are or will be fine, but when they're handing out money, they'd be foolish to not get in line, so every industry will play the 'woe is us' card because why not?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
No corporations should be getting bailed out, period. Didn't we learn anything from 2008?

Fucking billion dollar companies with no contingency plans? Get fucked!

Medicare for all...how are we gonna pay for that?

Corporate welfare...how much do you need?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would have thought, given the recent arguments I've seen you make against Sanders, that you would be a little more on board with this at least. What are people responsible for themselves then? What does it say about our priorities that the average percentage of income saved has halved in 50 years?

I'm not on board with giving people a handout every time they shit their diapers. This is a different situation. There are a lot of people who are not simply supporting themselves, but have a wife and kids, and due to our child labor laws, the kids aren't working yet. Those people need some support. Not just to pay for basic food items, but their rent/mortgage, utilities (which are not going to get cut off, but that doesn't mean the meter has stopped charging them). When this storm finally blows over, people will likely get hosed with demands to pay up.

Put differently, if we are asking people to sacrifice their paychecks and to sacrifice the income enjoyed by employing people to help run businesses, in the name of a government mandated quarantine, then those people should be compensated somehow. Otherwise, let them do their thing and make their money, and if they die, they die. Telling people to stay home and have the government do nothing would be a abridgment of rights unless there is a bargain involved.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
From "Never" to this...

I'm not on board with giving people a handout every time they shit their diapers. This is a different situation. There are a lot of people who are not simply supporting themselves, but have a wife and kids, and due to our child labor laws, the kids aren't working yet. Those people need some support. Not just to pay for basic food items, but their rent/mortgage, utilities (which are not going to get cut off, but that doesn't mean the meter has stopped charging them). When this storm finally blows over, people will likely get hosed with demands to pay up.

Put differently, if we are asking people to sacrifice their paychecks and to sacrifice the income enjoyed by employing people to help run businesses, in the name of a government mandated quarantine, then those people should be compensated somehow. Otherwise, let them do their thing and make their money, and if they die, they die. Telling people to stay home and have the government do nothing would be a abridgment of rights unless there is a bargain involved.

...in only eight days.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...G-that-moves&p=4411668&viewfull=1#post4411668

I'll take credit for changing your mind on it. It makes me happy.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
how true is this?

"Paul’s amendment, which garnered only three votes, aimed to end fraudulent child tax credit claims by requiring a Social Security number. .

Dude, you already need a valid ss# to get the child tax credit.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

^One cafeteria libertarian defending another.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Two different things. Nice try though. An emergency assistance intrinsically entails a temporary measure, aka disaster relief. What you seek is a government nanny.

lmbo NOPE you're not getting out of this. I said the same you did just in simpler terms, money given to people told by the government they can't work in a disaster. UBI is for the Yang gang.

Marek

Banned
I would go so far as to say they do not. A Libertarian knows that both sides together complete the problem with government and uses those sides each other to achieve the possibility of unregulated enjoyment of ones life and work.

:spock:

I wasnt talking about libertarians. I was talking about libtardtarians, such as lithy.

Its the cold, austere, autistic detachment from the human condition that separates the libtardtarians from their freedom loving cousins.

Some massive percentage of the country cant afford a minor <1k financial emergency, and then the discussion becomes about self reliance, from a motherfucker who knows Tennessee quite well? Whats that life change y'all expect from people? Give your teenager up for adoption?

Poverty. Anti intellectualism. Religious fundamentalism.

@lithy You enable all of these things with your political/philosophical faggotish pedantry.

Libertarianism - there's a disturbance in the force

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Some massive percentage of the country cant afford a minor <1k financial emergency, and then the discussion becomes about self reliance, from a motherfucker who knows Tennessee quite well? Whats that life change y'all expect from people? Give your teenager up for adoption?

how much can a working age person expect to save from their income, and why do we give them a pass when they spend that money on pot or alcohol or video games instead? If there is an emergency, there are often ways to source the funds. But people have to build their financial reputation, they have to give lenders faith that they can repay the money.

Oh, you mean they should just get the money for free without paying it back?

Yes, childhood was nice.