Blinking Light Win: Fixing your toaster NES for good

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
is there an option where you get a free hot n ready with purchase?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
needs more pictures in the description.
and
a better name

All i see is a wall of text. I would normally just close that tab as soon as I saw nothing interesting on the page.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
needs more pictures in the description.
and
a better name

All i see is a wall of text. I would normally just close that tab as soon as I saw nothing interesting on the page.

The name is genius, just like Hot n Ready. As for pictures, I'm adding a few more later today.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's completely subjective, but the name sounds like Windows Malware to me.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
You've got my support. Already shared it on my Facebook and Twitter feeds, shared it with a couple of my friends that run Nintendo fansites and I plan on putting the link on my site later tonight. This is good because I already need to fix the AV port on my Ness and I wanted to kill the lockout chip. I replaced the connector in my NES A few years ago and I hate it because it holds the cartridges in way too tight and I have to really pry them to get them out of the system.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Woha, great, I'm in. Backed for sure. Shared on FB.
I do like the description, had to grin a couple of times when I read it ("BONUS!" ^^).

One thing though: The $400 tier reads like "Toaster + Blinking Light Win + RGB Cable" (sans RGB mod)... You should put in there explicitly that who backs for that amount gets an RGB modded toaster (with Timms board?). Very tempted by that btw.

Oh, and if you're interested in two mistakes some German guy found in the text:
Spoiler:
You'll notice it doesn't resemble a ZIF in any way and that's what makes it [not "it's"] special.
Let's get the New Year started with a ["a" missing] bang.

What's on the shirt? How does the keychain look? (Ah, screw it, I'll just back that anyway.)
What is the benefit in having a gold BLW? Will the contacts be plated or will the plastic be gold colored?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Woha, great, I'm in. Backed for sure. Shared on FB.
I do like the description, had to grin a couple of times when I read it ("BONUS!" ^^).

One thing though: The $400 tier reads like "Toaster + Blinking Light Win + RGB Cable" (sans RGB mod)... You should put in there explicitly that who backs for that amount gets an RGB modded toaster (with Timms board?). Very tempted by that btw.

Oh, and if you're interested in two mistakes some German guy found in the text:
Spoiler:
You'll notice it doesn't resemble a ZIF in any way and that's what makes it [not "it's"] special.
Let's get the New Year started with a ["a" missing] bang.

What's on the shirt? How does the keychain look? (Ah, screw it, I'll just back that anyway.)
What is the benefit in having a gold BLW? Will the contacts be plated or will the plastic be gold colored?

Thanks for the grammar fixes. I've read it over a million times and I completely missed those two. The shirt and keychain is the black label art before the video starts. The art is only half that size because of the 4:3 restrictions. There is more to it beneath the logos.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
For ppl not owning a NES this is a matter of $1 for appreciation or $400 for the rgb sys - i share your feelings on this xsq ;)

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I'll definitely kick in when I get home.

Could always make the name sexual. Don't Blow to Load. Something like that. ;)

Also, try some of the up-and-coming blogs, NicheGamer, TechRaptor, Siliconera if you want to go a bit bigger. You want the core gaming audience for this.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I know it seems silly, but can you ship these with a BLW sticker or badge? If this gets big enough, people might want to know it has the mod before they try and press the cart down.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I know it seems silly, but can you ship these with a BLW sticker or badge? If this gets big enough, people might want to know it has the mod before they try and press the cart down.

Of course. I'll have some stuff included in the basic package.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I really have no need for this, but I think it's a great idea so I bought one anyway...

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
After seeing the design construction of this, I was sold :D

But after seeing the $40 shipping price to Canada I was made anxious...I guess that's accurate isn't it? Is the product not box-friendly to ship that the extra cost is necessary?

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Cool idea for a kickstarter project. I still have a few toasters, and I have a few buddies who may like this as well.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
So at the $400 level you get an RGB modded NES with the new cart slot?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
After seeing the design construction of this, I was sold :D

But after seeing the $40 shipping price to Canada I was made anxious...I guess that's accurate isn't it? Is the product not box-friendly to ship that the extra cost is necessary?

Kickstarter doesn't do shipping calculators so I have to manually add separate countries. I've already added Canada for $30 which is the cheapest I can get it for a method that does tracking. $40 was roughly the average for the several European countries I checked.

So at the $400 level you get an RGB modded NES with the new cart slot?

Yes

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Is this device compatible with Game Genies and other misshapen cartridges?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Is this device compatible with Game Genies and other misshapen cartridges?

It'll work with the 3rd party carts (tengen and wisdom tree) and the game genie as well. The game genie might be a little tough to remove since it has an extra thick pcb.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Awesome product, I don't even own a NES (yet) but I'll make sure to back it.

If you can get Kotaku to run a story about it, I bet it will be a lot easier to hit that 15k goal.