Blinking Light Win: Fixing your toaster NES for good

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Hey guys. I just launched a kickstarter for another
video game project. It's called the Blinking Light Win. The idea behind the project is to solve the problem with the 72-pin connector on the original NES and replace it with a design that effectively makes it a reliable side loader like most neo-geo 1 slots. Check out and feel free to ask any questions.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/113891498/blinking-light-win-resurrecting-your-nes

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
nice, you've got my support!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS: Slug 2 is better than X.

Lol that's awesome. So the BLW replaces the entire tray within the NES to resemble something along the lines of 1-slots?

Backed. If this is how I think it will be, then I'm sold. Wish I had the money for gaming goodness in so cal. If this doesn't go through, are there plans for a limited production run?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
PS: Slug 2 is better than X.

Lol that's awesome. So the BLW replaces the entire tray within the NES to resemble something along the lines of 1-slots?

Backed. If this is how I think it will be, then I'm sold. Wish I had the money for gaming goodness in so cal. If this doesn't go through, are there plans for a limited production run?

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. You remove both the latching tray and the 72 pin. I supply a new tray and connector that makes function similar to a 1-slot.

Not too sure about limited production runs. If I do, it won't be as low as $20.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
have you reached out to gaming press? This thing will be backed if you have enough exposure.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm working on that now. Not sure of the best way to approach it but I'll do my best.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Was this the thing you were keeping secret at PRGE?

PS. I'm in. Could we help spread the Kickstarter love?

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Was this the thing you were keeping secret at PRGE?

PS. I'm in. Could we help spread the Kickstarter love?

Yes. This was the magic box of mystery. I hope the intrigue was worth the wait. Feel free to spread the word and get the ball rolling.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
This is awesome shadowkn55! I'm definitely going to be backing this when I get paid. I'm tired of boiling all of my NES connectors.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm backing this also :D. Can I pick mine up now? Hahahaha. I hope this gets a lot of funding cuz this is a great idea.
Any way you can make a famicom slot at we can put into the nes?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm backing this also :D. Can I pick mine up now? Hahahaha. I hope this gets a lot of funding cuz this is a great idea.
Any way you can make a famicom slot at we can put into the nes?

You can check out the prototype if you like. It would be pretty involved to make a famicom slot. Maybe I'll do a special run of converters that you don't need a little ribbon to pull out.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
So besides a replacement 72 pin connector, the new tray is fixed and doesn't push down?

To be honest, I replaced my 72 pin connector years ago and haven't had any problems with it since.

Looks like a cool idea.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
So besides a replacement 72 pin connector, the new tray is fixed and doesn't push down?

To be honest, I replaced my 72 pin connector years ago and haven't had any problems with it since.

Looks like a cool idea.

Yeah, the new tray is fixed. This is so that cart doesn't cause any unnecessary bending to the cartridge connector that causes them to prematurely wear out.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Backed. Call me crazy, but I want my toaster to have hidden gold ;)

honestly, It was more about supporting a guy I know and a product that's bad ass! It's also my first kick start :)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Backed.

Good luck with the Kickstarter, man. I suggest contacting RMC at GoNintendo if you haven't already. His posts reach pretty much all Nintendo fans and he loves stuff like this.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Backed.

Good luck with the Kickstarter, man. I suggest contacting RMC at GoNintendo if you haven't already. His posts reach pretty much all Nintendo fans and he loves stuff like this.

Thanks for the tip. Will definitely try to get in contact with him.