BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Alan Tudyk was the best part of the show. It’s been in a death spiral since he left.

but I don’t think he’s completely gone.
Have you seen his "Resident Alien" show? It's pretty cool. Not his best best work but still, he rules in it.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I honestly can't think of a more friction-less (not a word, I know) enjoyable 23 minutes a week than new episodes of What We Do In The Shadows. More writers should aspire to just make fun shows.

The Baron riding around on the Golden Retriever that turns out is actually a hellhound, just seriously, nothing better.
Yes I totally agree, its been amazing this season. I said earlier in third thread that it’s the office with vampires.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The newest episode of Only Murderers in the Building was pretty damn good.
We just watched the first today! It was really cool. Martin and Short are still as amazing as ever.

A couple years ago I got to see the Martin & Short live show, and it was one of the funniest things Ive ever been to live. Im glad I can say I actually got to see those two dudes live before they pass on.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yes and keeping the ambient noise in the rest of the scenes really helped with that. It would have been easy to fill the background with other peoples conversations or music etc. This was the case of a gimmick working very well.

The episode also made up for a lack of plot progression in the pervious couple episodes. Removing all the wise cracks and old man banter not only made a lot more room for that but also necessitated it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The last episode of What we do in the shadows was perfect.

I still feel like by the end of the season Kristen Schaal’s character is going to have a fling with Gizmo. She keeps dropping hints that she wants him.

Reactions: jro

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The vampiric counsel media branch of high School newspaper editors lol.

and yes the Baron's torso strapped to the hellhound was hilarious and so was the scene of them trying to catch the Master in what I assume was a Walmart.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Has anyone ever watched 'Dark Side of the Ring' on Vice? I was watching a movie on that channel the other night, and they kept showing promos for it. It looked kind of like an 'Unsolved Mysteries' type of show, but about the seedy lives of wrestlers from the 80s and 90s. Mick Foley was in one of the ads, and they named Luna Vachon. Looked interesting, but I haven't seen it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Has anyone ever watched 'Dark Side of the Ring' on Vice? I was watching a movie on that channel the other night, and they kept showing promos for it. It looked kind of like an 'Unsolved Mysteries' type of show, but about the seedy lives of wrestlers from the 80s and 90s. Mick Foley was in one of the ads, and they named Luna Vachon. Looked interesting, but I haven't seen it.
Yeah, we talk about it in the wrasslin thread sometimes. They're up to season 3 so there are lots of episodes out there to catch up on if it interests you.

It's a documentary series covering the dark stories in wrestling, not really presented in a mystery format.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The vampiric counsel media branch of high School newspaper editors lol.

and yes the Baron's torso strapped to the hellhound was hilarious and so was the scene of them trying to catch the Master in what I assume was a Walmart.
The baron got to ride everything

“I’m controlling it with my mind!”

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yeah I’ve been watching the ones that interest me, I’m actually watching the newest Onita FMW episode at the moment. Chris Jericho is the narrator a lot of the time and he’s also being interviewed in this one. Terry Funk is in this one too I just read he has dementia, damn. I’d start season 1 ep 1 the Macho Man Miss Elizabeth episode it’s pretty good and see if you like it, there’s certainly a lot of wild stories like them wrestling in North Korea.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The last episode of What we do in the shadows was perfect.

I still feel like by the end of the season Kristen Schaal’s character is going to have a fling with Gizmo. She keeps dropping hints that she wants him.
Her utterly deadpan explanation of what "no rules" really meant about me fall off my couch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have a feeling a lot of people will be surprised but the hints were there in each episode all along.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Dope Sick- I'm somewhat familiar with the whole Perdue Pharma/Oxy thing. This is well done and made relatable through the various characters though a bit heavy handed and some of it detracts from the larger plot. Keaton and Sarsgards performances are strong and the setting and impact are spot on.

If you've never been to an area that was effected by this it's hard to convey just how fucked up things were and still are.

I will say that none of it should come as some sort of revelation about how big pharma operates unless you live in some sort of fantasy world.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
The new Chucky mini series on SyFy seems to be pretty good. The pilot was solid, and i'm glad Brad Dourif is reprising his role cause i thought he was burned out on it like Mark Hamill was with The Joker. I like the idea of them diving into Charles Lee Ray's backstory, and what led to him becoming a serial killer. Looking forward to the next few episodes.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The new Chucky mini series on SyFy seems to be pretty good. The pilot was solid, and i'm glad Brad Dourif is reprising his role cause i thought he was burned out on it like Mark Hamill was with The Joker. I like the idea of them diving into Charles Lee Ray's backstory, and what led to him becoming a serial killer. Looking forward to the next few episodes.
Go for a long walk into a highway you fat fuck.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Succession S3 started up last night, after a year-plus delay or so. Felt like kind of a slow start to the season but effective at getting things set up, and I'm looking forward to seeing Greg ascend to his rightful place as the company heir.

And I finished Squid Game the other day, not real sure if I like or dislike the ending, leaning toward the latter. It wasn't a terrible ending, but it felt a little off and maybe not altogether earned. Show overall was pretty impressive though, very creative, some really good tension throughout, and strong enough characters to get invested in.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Succession S3 started up last night, after a year-plus delay or so. Felt like kind of a slow start to the season but effective at getting things set up, and I'm looking forward to seeing Greg ascend to his rightful place as the company heir.
Greg is amazing, I've never wanted to strangle a fictional character more, everything out of his mouth is painful. The conversation with the media/PR lady about writing down tweets is brilliant.

Roman continues to be the best character of the series. Kieren Caulkin is one of the best casting choices I've seen in years.

The show is a masterclass in writing. The entire thing is amazingly well made but its real strength is how it treats the viewer by not explaining things, it is great at leaving out information that in lesser shows would normally be spelled out with dialogue and instead conveying it in through tone, body language or just trusting that the viewers intelligent enough to figure it out.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone check out squid game? Finished it tonight. It was decent. Them Koreans come up with the craziest shit.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Anyone check out squid game? Finished it tonight. It was decent. Them Koreans come up with the craziest shit.
It's big in Japan now, too. Which always surprises me, since Korea has been non-stop suing Japan for WW2 reparations the entire time I've been here. Japan has paid out money multiple times and made multiple apologies and shit, which only encourages Korea to keep coming back for more. Never mind that none of the people asking for money or the people paying it were out of diapers if they were alive at all when WW2 was going on. Anyway, in spite of that going on all the time, Japanese people eat up Korean pop culture like it was going out of style.

mhell06

n00b
Finished squid game last week. Overall i liked it. So much talk about the english (wip) acting though. I'm always expecting that from asian movies, so didn't really bother me.