Are we gonna talk about the GameStop stock situation

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
As an outsider, this has been pretty interesting to see unfold. Curious to see where this ends and what happens next.

Anyone got skin in the game?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
to realized its full protential and justified the price , is to transform all gamestop into weed stores once weed is legalized in the states .

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It was amusing watching it happen in real time on https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/. There was an energy there that really got the users amped up when it was happening 12+ hours ago. By Friday I think most will cash out though. edit: The plan is to hold until Feb 12th, and see what happens then. It will be incredible if they're able to hold that long.

Pretty cool seeing a group of people so numerous band together to change the stock of one company, though. Nice to see the little guys make a difference for once.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Pretty cool seeing a group of people so numerous band together to change the stock of one company, though. Nice to see the little guys make a difference for once.

Kinda cancels itself out if it's helping Gamestop, though.

I'm as triggered by Gamestop as Famicommander is by Michael Jackson.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
to realized its full protential and justified the price , is to transform all gamestop into weed stores once weed is legalized in the states .
Then it could become a stonerstop retailer :rolleyes:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Okay guys I went to my local GameStop and bought all their stock.

Now what do I do with all these copies of Madden? I’m confused.

Edit: I THINK I MISUNDERSTOOD.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK I AM IN SO MUCH CREDIT CARD DEBT NOW

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

RIP

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

10/10. I laughed.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Mad FOMO with this one, I don't own stocks because I'm a dirty poor but I remember rumblings about this historical low months ago and briefly thought about tossing a couple bucks at it. I didn't because I genuinely didn't think Gamestop was going to be around much longer, and also I hate Gamestop (AND the canuk flavor EB Games). They're basically a Funko pop store now.

That being said, I am now looking into some small retail stocks with some pocket change just to dip my toes into long-term investments, not into something so volatile heh

ADDENDUM: The fact that all the retail stock sellers are now blocking access to these reddit stocks is evidence enough that the system is meant for the wealthy only. Stocks are imaginary numbers for the rich to shuffle around their hoarded wealth with and now that the retailers are letting the hedgefunds take their ball and go home when they stand to actually lose on their gamble proves how broken the whole thing is.

Last edited:

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Oh boy the brokerage are are only allowed sell orders on GME , AMC and a few others . Damn talk about rigged market .

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I rode the train for about ~30% yield. Amusing to see the hedge fund assholes being the ones getting fucked for once.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Obviously the reward is worth the risk of a SEC investigation for Robinhood and few other brokerages to fuck over it’s customers to support the hedge funds , probably promise them a huge cash investment in the near future. It’s cheaper for Cohen and griffin to spend a billion then loose 3 billions . Fuckers

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
WBS is gold

cltz3nzb23e61.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
what are the chances this engenders a positive attitude towards GameStop the company, and they actually take advantage of it to change their retail practices.... It would be nice to have the last physical game store turn itself around.

Unfortunately,
I think they'll go right back to trying to shill their memberships and terrible treatment of their employees, but it's a nice thought...

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I laughed at people going for AMC after missing on GME and guess what... I missed out AGAIN.

lol I wonder what bullshit the big bois will do to restrict this newfound power by the plebs. This has been more effective than the whole of Occupy Wall Street.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
what are the chances this engenders a positive attitude towards GameStop the company, and they actually take advantage of it to change their retail practices.... It would be nice to have the last physical game store turn itself around.

Unfortunately,
I think they'll go right back to trying to shill their memberships and terrible treatment of their employees, but it's a nice thought...

This isn't going to end well.

I've seen speculation from analysts that once this all shakes out, settles down, and ends, the unreliability of the stock and its almost guaranteed crash will actually do a lot of long-term harm by scaring people away from investing in GME, regardless of its business prospects.

It's an interesting experiment in nihilism though.

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

Unfortunately,

We have local game store chain, so I never have a reason to go to Gamestop, thankfully. Last time I was in one, it was pretty sad. Bunch of over priced 'collectables' and some T-shirts.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
looks like its over now. rip to those who waited too long.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
looks like its over now. rip to those who waited too long.

It was one of the most amusing and inspiring things I have seen in a very long time. RIP retards. Their exploits are now immortal.

edit: FUCK IT IT AIN'T OVER YET

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

I've seen speculation from analysts that once this all shakes out, settles down, and ends, the unreliability of the stock and its almost guaranteed crash will actually do a lot of long-term harm by scaring people away from investing in GME, regardless of its business prospects.

This is better than any post I've read, from anyone, at this site in a year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

No one should have invested nor should be investing in GME, now, the future, or even over the past 2 weeks. It’s a shit company and should be allowed to die as it deserves. So to hell with the consumer faith in the stock moving forward - same for BB, NOK, AMC, and the rest of the PnD targets.

People see these meme stock pump and dumps from Elon, Portnoy, Chamath, Cuban, and the rest of the Wall Street frat house, as a get rich quick. But they’re still playing by someone else’s rules. Once these fail, idiots will take what’s left of their losses and put it back into TSLA, ARKK, AMZN, MSFT, AAPL and other “safer” stocks.

Disclosure: I make stupid bets too. I have one brokerage portfolio that looks like a spac hedge fund. But I can spot a lemming train being led off a cliff. No thanks.