Any one into Juicing or Smoothies we just bought a Vitamix

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Been wanting one for a while we just bought a Vitamix http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-1782-...e=UTF8&qid=1369263690&sr=8-1&keywords=vitamix these things are amazing. I don't work out but I try to eat better as I get older. Mixing greens or other veggies with fruit gives you so much natural energy and mixing low calorie or low sugar protein powder with bananas and strawberries makes awesome smoothies. Possibilites are endless. You can even make hot soup, this thing blends everything. :tickled: Maybe I'm just getting old or been married with kids too long, but I never been this excited over a home appliance.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Cheers!

phillips-digestive-regularity.png

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
http://www.amazon.com/Green-Life-Updated-Smoothie-Nutrition/dp/155643930X/ref=pd_sim_k_2

http://www.youtube.com/user/liferegenerator?feature=watch

those are two very good resources for juicing

the guy in the youtube link is crunchy as they come but he knows his stuff when it comes to fruits, veggies, and juicing

i have an Omega 4000 which gets the job done

although i only use it to make one type of veggie juice that you wouldn't want the recipe for since it tastes pretty bad but is super nutrient dense

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
Funny you created this thread. The wife and I were considering shedding some pounds and stumbled upon this.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

I think we are going to give it a shot. After the birth of our daughter we started stress eating and put on some pounds. I used to be a gym rat and ran all the time but within the past few years I have put on some weight and am looking for something different to try. Going to the gym is expensive (at least in the area where we live) and it is hard to find time. When we can, we take our daughter to a park and we walk the track and push her in her little push car then let her play at the playground but those times are too few. Anyway I am going to watch the documentary and intend to at least try juicing and see what happens.

aria

Former Moderator
We got a Vitamix as a wedding gift, it was off-registry but arguably the best thing we got.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
We got a Vitamix as a wedding gift, it was off-registry but arguably the best thing we got.

it's currently on our registry and I'm trading in everything else if we don't get it.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
does using a blender to make a caramel apple malted ice cream drink count?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
They are very solid. Over the years I have used it well over a thousand times, probably closer to 2,000. Only issue that has come up is the rheostat is acting up so on low it will jump up in speed sometimes, but that is an easy fix.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
yeah smoothies are pretty rad I make one most mornings. I buy frozen fruit from costco and blend it up with some orange juice.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
This morning we blended Spinach, celery, frozen pineapple chunks, one apple (no core) and added Chia seeds, maca powder, half cup of water. (and ice of course, otherwise we would get warm soup :oh_no:)

Still burping the celery though...next time I will substitute with beets...I prefer the taste of dirt over celery. Blending raw beets has an earthy dirt taste to it. :drool_2:

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
well, we took the plunge somewhat. Decided on a jack lalane juicer (didn't know they still sold them) for about $100. Didn't want to spend too much money in case I/we don't stick with it. Its not high end but nice and I'm going to try that reboot and see how it goes. Made a mixture of kale/carrots/oranges/apples/celery/spinach/ginger. Comes out as a green sludge; not great but palatable. They recommend an 80% vegetable to 20% fruit mixture. Have some beets sitting in the fridge...on the fence about it.

AlecRob

Banned
i have a breville juicer that i use almost every morning. i juice kale, carrots, lemon, ginger, apple, orange, grapefruit, and watermelon. even watermelon rind, which has great health benefits.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
i have a breville juicer that i use almost every morning. i juice kale, carrots, lemon, ginger, apple, orange, grapefruit, and watermelon. even watermelon rind, which has great health benefits.

That's the best juicer in this thread and you're making the best use out of it. Those are really nice juicers.

AlecRob

Banned
That's the best juicer in this thread and you're making the best use out of it. Those are really nice juicers.

yes they are very nice. i used to use a jack L. juicer and it's just not nearly as good as the breville.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I have a breville too, and I rarely ever use it. Nothing to juice in my home.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
yeah, we were looking at a breville but still not sure if we are going to stick to juicing or not. If we do, we will upgrade in the future. Just didn't want to spend a lot then wind up not sticking with the diet. To get what we really wanted would be upwards of 250-300. Saw some for like 35 or 40 but every website I read said to stay away from those.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I wish I could keep a garden. Fucking squirrels, birds and raccoons make short work of anything you try to plant. I also saw Fat Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix and thought I'd try juicing as well. I don't think I could do nothing but juice, but I try to make a juice at least once a day. I'll make something in the morning, throw it in the fridge and have it cold in time for lunch. I make the Mean Green Juice, (Kale, celery, green apple, cucumber, lemon, ginger and a carrot.) I tried carrot-beet juice but it tasted like I was drinking a potato. They say to keep the skin on, but next time I'm going to peel it, did not care for it. I ended up getting a Jack Lalane from Costco for about 80 bucks, not as well reviewed as the Brevile Fountain, but it works good all the same. I gotta look into trying different juices, I started to like the mean green so I gotta try some more since there's only a few that I actually like to eat.

AlecRob

Banned
i actually enjoy mean green juice. i make it somewhat differently though. i don't always use cucumber and celery, if i don't have those i use watermelon rind.