ADK: The other SNK meat

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
adk-logos.jpg

The ties between ADK and SNK are well documented so I won't repeat all the information here. From hardware to software, both companies were inseperable (we'll just overlook those playstation games by that "other" publisher :keke:). Despite the assistance of SNK on some titles, ADK's neo geo games always maintained their own unique style and presentation. From Magician Lord to Twinkle Star Sprites, there's a good amount to choose from across the mvs/aes, cd, and ngpc consoles:

magician lord img.jpg world heroes 2 jet screenshot.jpg crossed swords screenshot.jpg

over top.jpg ninja masters screenshot.jpg twinkle star sprites screenshot.jpg

Do you have a favorite ADK neo geo game? Which of their games do you consider to be their strongest title?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Ninja Master's, Twinkle Star Sprites & Magician Lord are the strongest titles. Crossed Swords gets an honorable mention for innovation and Thrash Rally for its Amiga charm. The best and most important out of those is TSS though -- weather you grasp/like the concept or not -- it's up there with Metal Slug, KoF '94, Viewpoint, SSI & Puzzle Bobble: a true Neo Geo Icon.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I'm down with A-D-K. Love WH2!

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Gan Gan A.k.a. Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Ninja Commando's

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
OP bringin the good threads.

as to the question, oliver said it all... and:
<---------

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I just bought Ninja Masters as an MVS cart, so I'll tell you when it comes in. Funny how the last game they made for the Neo Geo is going to be my first experience with their games. Shame we never got Magician Lord 2 on the Neo Geo Pocket like we were suppose to. I think they were making a world heroes pocket game too weren't they?

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Ninja Commando and Overtop. My favourite ADK games.

image.png

image.png

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Gonna play some Gan Gan this weekend, picked up a cart recently. Ninja Commando is a lot of fun, slept on that one and now it's getting expensive. Once I get past the first stage I'm hooked.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Magician Lord and Ninja Masters.

Its a damn shame they never made a Magician Lord sequel.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ninja commando is one of my favourite neo titles.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Yea... For being a first round title, why magician Lord 2 never came is crazy. They waited til almost 2000 for the ngpc game. ADK is great for WH2j, but I never played perfect.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
ADK made shit games!

Over the Top was the only thing I enjoyed. And yes, I'm including Magician Lord.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Twinkle Star Sprites is hands down their finest hour. Most of the others are forgettable and have better alternatives on the Neo.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Have a soft spot for Ninja Masters and World Heroes Perfect.

Shame no fighting games built upon and made arenas in 2D fighters with stuff from the Death Matches from World Heroes and the stage outs from Real Bout.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Ninja Masters is a favorite of mine also, but World Heroes got me into SNK when I was little.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I really enjoy Ninja Masters. I can see why people feel it's not among the best fighters for Neo Geo but I still really like it.
Magician Lord blew my mind when I first saw it in the arcades. But for me the game is too stiff and too hard to really enjoy.
I can also understand it if someone said they didn't like Crossed Swords but to me it's excellent. A bit hard but really fun and unique.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Its a damn shame they never made a Magician Lord sequel.

Even though we all have fond memories of Magician Lord, I imagine most of us were content to beat level 1 and call it a day. Not very profitable.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Even though we all have fond memories of Magician Lord, I imagine most of us were content to beat level 1 and call it a day. Not very profitable.

Yeah, not exactly a strong design as an arcade game, even though Alpha did try to streamline levels and balance tweak. With that said, it's a rather fantastic game at home. I haven't tried ADK's entire catalog, but this is easily my favorite from those I've been able to put some decent time into. Wish I had discovered it back when it was new.

UyrdQ52.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
My most favorite by adk.

Twinkle Starsprites
Magician Lord
Crossed Swords 1&2
Ninja Commando

I see,quite a few comments by people who really like ninja master.I don't have a opinion for that game since i don't have a copy of it still.