ADK: The other SNK meat

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I see,quite a few comments by people who really like ninja master.I don't have a opinion for that game since i don't have a copy of it still.

Try it out, it's that rare occasion where rough edges constitute quality.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
If i would ever to buy a copy any time it shows up in neo-selling i miss it :emb:

Coz as much as some people bag it, it's a good game. Even those that bag it grab a copy when it pops up!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I think magician lord was my first experience with the neo. I remember playing it at an hourly rated arcade rather then quarters.

It is a great game for sure.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Bums me out any time I watch this footage. Would have been a lot of fun:

Intro

Gameplay 1

Gameplay 2

Last edited:

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I just bought Ninja Masters as an MVS cart, so I'll tell you when it comes in. Funny how the last game they made for the Neo Geo is going to be my first experience with their games. Shame we never got Magician Lord 2 on the Neo Geo Pocket like we were suppose to. I think they were making a world heroes pocket game too weren't they?

I thought twinkle star sprites was their last game

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I thought twinkle star sprites was their last game

Yep. Followed by Beast Busters Second Nightmare on the hng64 unless I am mistaken.

By the way, what is going on with the price of the ps2 ADK collection? Perhaps, it's taken this long for others to truly appreciate Ninja Commando? Who am I kidding...it's demand for Twinkle Star Sprites isn't it?...

Last edited:

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Technically Dynamite Slugger was their last game.

Concerning the opening question: I find the ADK games to be fun but only to a certain extent. They all have that 'second-in-line' feeling after their big brother SNK. However, noteworthy indeed are Ninja Commando, World Heroes Perfect, Ninja Master's and Shōgi no Tatsujin (I have a weak spot for traditional Japanese games, too bad none of the 3rd party companies ever released a Hanafuda game on the Neo :( ).

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Concerning the opening question: I find the ADK games to be fun but only to a certain extent. They all have that 'second-in-line' feeling after their big brother SNK. However, noteworthy indeed are Ninja Commando, World Heroes Perfect, Ninja Master's and Shōgi no Tatsujin (I have a weak spot for traditional Japanese games, too bad none of the 3rd party companies ever released a Hanafuda game on the Neo :( ).

Good call suicidekiller. Since Ninja Masters' spot in the timeline (1996) was the point of discussion, I assumed we were just talking neo geo arcade releases.

I hanafuda game would have been cool to see. It's a shame that the planned world heroes and magician lord 2 ngpc titles never saw release. :(

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Ninja commando,One of my favorite,fun game!

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I've had Crossed Swords for awhile and still can't get into it. I think its the lack of English text on my NGCD (I'm too busy to do the soldering myself and install a region switch). Even though what little narrative drive in game is thin bare, it might help immerse me into the setting/game if I could at least understand some of the sparse comments or conversations. (Aka hmu if you know how to region mod a NGCD :))

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I've had Crossed Swords for awhile and still can't get into it. I think its the lack of English text on my NGCD (I'm too busy to do the soldering myself and install a region switch). Even though what little narrative drive in game is thin bare, it might help immerse me into the setting/game if I could at least understand some of the sparse comments or conversations. (Aka hmu if you know how to region mod a NGCD :))

Man the mod is the easiest soldering job I have ever had... I did not even bother with the switch and left it in english just for crossed swords. Playing other games in english is a bonus imo.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Bums me out any time I watch this footage. Would have been a lot of fun:

Intro

i didn't even know about. this looks really good. i would of so bought it if they released it.

it would be nice to know what other games they had that was never released. i was very surprised when i found out about a lot of games that was released for the ps2 and the original xbox that was originally made for the dreamcast like gta 3.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Love the World Heroes games! Need to find me some Magician Lord action soon!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Coz as much as some people bag it, it's a good game. Even those that bag it grab a copy when it pops up!
That damn demand for the game it use to be a obscure one but not any more.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict

I think ADK's fighters have quite a bit of charm, especially the World Heroes games.

What other fighting game allows you to play as an NFL lineman (J. Maximum)? Why doesn't Street Fighter have one?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
For sure, World Heroes Perfect is a pretty decent game balance and infinites aside. It had great music, great characters, witty humor,and a pretty decent fighting engine. I mean just look at Captain Kidd, a superbly designed character with style. He needs his own game really.

a6769d424e28b4388525afad739e9817.jpg

Also what type of game lets us fight a Dio Brando or Raoh inspired character? I thought so.

neodio-worldheroes-gold.jpeg
maxresdefault.jpg

A damn shame about that Magician Lord 2 not being made.

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
What was ADK's last game Dynamite slugger? I guess technically that half finished magician lord sequel right? I wonder if anything else they were working on will show up one day in prototype form.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What was ADK's last game Dynamite slugger? I guess technically that half finished magician lord sequel right? I wonder if anything else they were working on will show up one day in prototype form.

Supposedly there was a World Heroes game in the works for the NGPC as well.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
While there is no set-in-stone single continuity for all of ADK's titles, the little easter eggs, recurring themes, and internal franchise references are still fun to find across their many titles.

E.g. "Spider" from Ninja Commando and "Zeus" from the World Heroes games, Fuuma's presence in GanGan, all the red and blue ninjas, etc, etc...

Last edited: