Explosions near finish of Boston Marathon

Marek

Banned
fucking-magnets-how-do-they-work-ancient-aliens.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
Apparently the man who found him in the boat said he was already injured and bleeding already before reporting it to the police--but Dzhokhar still exchanged gunfire with the police from the boat before they apprehended him.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
All we need to know about where you are coming from. Crackpot Town.

which video? I really value your opinion.

why is it ok for your life to be disregarded by the police because two guys killed and hurt many others?

addit_ no longer motivated by the impulse to employ cruel means for personal gain. Instead, the pleasure of the sense of power realized in employing viciously cruel means, becomes an end in itself

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
why is it ok for your life to be diregaded by the police because two guys killed and hurt many others?
I don't believe I've ever been diregaded in my entire life, although I can't be sure.

And it was the Obama gun video.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
All this news coverage has some lol moments, especially the uncle.

"He put a shame on..."

:lol:

And when he talks, his accent reminds me of the main character in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Bobak has had a soft spot for juggalos ever since the "fucking magnets" meme.

Relevant ICP music video. Its a new track too.

Im going to the Gathering of the Juggalos. Idgaf. If not this summer than next.

aria

Former Moderator
The Onion:

Study: Majority Of Americans Not Informed Enough To Stereotype Chechens
NEWS IN BRIEF • Breaking News: Boston • News • ISSUE 49•16 • Apr 19, 2013

WASHINGTON—Following FBI reports this morning that the suspects implicated in Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing are of Chechen descent, efforts to thoughtlessly stereotype the alleged terrorists were impeded by the majority of Americans’ lack of basic knowledge about Chechnya or the Chechen people, a new study has confirmed. “Our research shows that, while many Americans would like nothing more than to make sweeping, insensitive generalizations about these two individuals based purely on their ethnic identity, this process is largely impeded by the fact that 9 out of 10 Americans truly know next to nothing about Chechnya, including even the very barest details of what or where Chechnya is,” said lead researcher Dr. Tim Kinane, adding that a majority of American citizens are almost totally unaware of Chechen history and culture, how to locate Chechnya on a map, whether Chechnya is a country or a city or a region, or that a person from Chechnya is called a Chechen. “Clinical trials show that most individuals will make brief, fumbling attempts to stereotype Chechens based on what little they know about Russians, but eventually drop the subject entirely after running out of anything to say within seconds.” Kinane’s team was able to confirm, however, that once research subjects were told Chechnya is a predominantly Muslim region, they were “usually pretty good to go from there.”

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

flash and smoke = huge!
girl standing right in front of it = unharmed?

weird it would flash so big and not shred her, not denying that others were harmed but this one just seems fishy. Also random house searches like random car stops = not right. just because bad things happen doesn't mean you have to spend time thinking about it or be punished in any way for it, oops thats not right it actually means you have to surrender all your rights and property.

Marek

Banned
weird it would flash so big and not shred her, not denying that others were harmed but this one just seems fishy. Also random house searches like random car stops = not right. just because bad things happen doesn't mean you have to spend time thinking about it or be punished in any way for it, oops thats not right it actually means you have to surrender all your rights and property.

weird that a dumbfuck armchair physicist would not be given the proper respect when analyzing footage of bombs going off.

Are all 600 of your posts in the last few months? Because I swear you are spamming the shit out of this place with garbage.

Finally, the ICP is saying all the words we've been too scared to hear!

*puts on facepaint*
*gets fat*

...Does this mean we are going to The Gathering together then?

Wopat. Lets do this.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
so they got him huh?

There were some speculations wether he was brainswashed by his older brother into doing this...

I mean when I think of Chechens I think of this:

8h4ko6fc.jpg

...and not some scrawny kid with a Facebook/YouTube channel..

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
I did like the mothers quote that one of the sons had recently become a devout muslim and prayed 5 times a day.......that says it all really.

They really dont help themselves. The few ruin it for the many.

Last edited:

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Shamefully, when I heard of their dropping bombs from the car they were escaping in to slow down the pursuing police cruisers, I couldn't help but think of...Spy Hunter. :(

I have heard that the Russians were already following this series of events closely. Now, even though the perpetrators are not really directly from Chechnya, the level of interest must be even higher there due to the Chechen connection. Word from the FBI is that Russia requested that they investigate the elder brother and that they did in fact interview him and family members a couple years ago. Wow.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I did like the mothers quote that one of the sons had recently become a devout muslim and prayed 5 times a day.......that says it all really.

They really dont help themselves. The few ruin it for the many.

take away a man's bacon and you take away his ability to rationalize his biases

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The Onion:

Funny, one of the few things I know about Chechans had to do with how wrestling is huge and viewed as a 'way out'. They fight against Russia but the Russian wrestling team is made up of Chechans. Then I see an article, one of the typical 'he was a good kid' type pieces, and one of the commenters was one of their wrestling coach.

Stereotype confirmed.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
bokunya~ said:
It depresses me that people all around the world has very little faith in our intellect.

Sorry to point out a grammatical error, but it's just so awesomely placed I couldn't resist. A classic Bushism :)

Sharp eye you got, stevenk — respects to you if you also do copyedit work in newspapers or publishing. Chalk it up to fatigue from my editing until 2 a.m. in the morning practically every day this week, due to deadlines.

aria said:
The Onion:

Study: Majority Of Americans Not Informed Enough To Stereotype Chechens
NEWS IN BRIEF • Breaking News: Boston • News • ISSUE 49•16 • Apr 19, 2013

This happened last night while I was discussing the Boston marathon bombing at work. When I mentioned that the Czech Republic's embassy had been prompted to explain, "Czech Republic is NOT Chechnya," out of fear that a misunderstanding would turn the Czech Republic into a U.S. target, my colleague admitted that he, too, had no clue what Chechnya was.

Last edited: