Your tax dollars at work: California might ban dark colored cars?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
So, apparently dark colored cars are destroying the environment. They heat up faster, so you'll be more likely to use your AC, which in turn destroys your gas mileage, and thus contributes to Earth's impending doom.

I don't expect this will pass, but the fact that they're even considering it is insane. Seriously, is there some sort of IQ requirement to become a government official? How can such ridiculously obsessive-compulsive people be the ones who decide how we live our lives?

What if I drive with the windows down? Will the wind-drag reduce my mileage and contribute to the planet's destruction too?

California May Ban Black Cars
Michael Arrington
TechCrunch.com
Thursday, March 26, 2009; 2:21 PM

The California legislature is considering regulating the color of cars and reflectivity of paint to reduce the energy requirements to cool them. A presentation on the proposed legislation by the California Air Resources Board is below.

The problem isn't the color per se, but the reflectivity of the paint overall. And dark colors just don't reflect well, so they are likely out. "Jet black remains an issue," says the report.

Anyone who's ever entered a very hot car knows that it can be cooled down immediately by driving a few feet with the windows open, effectively neutralizing any color-caused heat issues before engaging the air conditioner. But whatever, black is evil.

The new regulations would be phased in beginning in 2012, so if you want that black car, you better buy it soon. More on Autoblog and CrunchGear.

And you thought that black Toyota Pious you bought made you such a good person. Think again, you tree hating energy slob. Luckily, black websites are still ok, even though they, too, use more energy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Even though it's true that dark colored cars heat up faster it still comes down to the individual's heat tolerance. I use AC even if it's cold to regulate it to a certain temp that I like.

Stupid.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
The fact humans are not contributing to climate change makes this all the funnier.

California,

lol

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Just saw this exact same thread in the ComicBloc Forum and I'll say the same thing here as I did there:
LOL at California and their insane laws

:oh_no:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Who the fuck cares what color your car is? Sure, it's a dumb proposal, but what if everyone did have a white car? Would it be the end of your world? "How we live our lives"... Oh no, they are taking away our freedoms! Is having a dark green car how you express the "real you" to the world around you? Why don't you just get a tattoo or a nose ring or something?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
This whole "green" craze has got to be some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life and I've seen alot of dumb shit (I attended public school).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
this is the most racist law i've ever heard of

in california no less, fucking schwarzenegger's fault i'm sure

austrian, nazis, it's all the same shit, you see where i'm going with this

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I agree with the idea somewhat but I doubt black cars contribute that much to the destruction of the planet.

Why don't they require everybody to drive white cars?

What will serious, important businessmen drive in CA?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Why don't they require everybody to drive white cars?

White could reflect the bright California sun.
People could be doubly-blinded.
Thousands could crash and or die.
The cars, naturally, would provide Hollywood style fire effects!
The fires would spread throughout the State; destroying everything in their path.
California would burn to a cinder, and fall into the sea.

Definitely not a good move to keep the tax base.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Like anyone in a white car, stuck on a Los Angeles freeway WON'T be using their aircon.
Mother of FUCK I hate me some politicians.

What will serious, important businessmen drive in CA?

Rich white assholes will have to copy rich asian assholes and drive white, german automobiles.
But ONLY for high-end shit with an M/AMG/Brabus/Alpina or whatever the fuck else attached to the name.

Or if they REALLY want to keep the heat out of their car...they can copy rich arab assholes and just lay chrome all over the fucking thing.

Like this:

chrome_main.jpg

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
HaHa, California politicians are totally nuts. Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein.... Gray Davis.... what a cast of retards. Sorry, but CA is the land of fruits and nuts. I lived there until I was 26 and could never understand the nuttiness.

Now that I live back east, i understand why the rest of the country thinks Californians are a little different.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
HaHa, California politicians are totally nuts. Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein.... Gray Davis.... what a cast of retards. Sorry, but CA is the land of fruits and nuts. I lived there until I was 26 and could never understand the nuttiness.

Now that I live back east, i understand why the rest of the country thinks Californians are a little different.

What about our next governor, either Antonio Villaraigosa or Gavin Newsom. Won't that be a load of fun? At least then they can raise taxes without being controversial about it.

Mrandersonjr

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If they even get this law to pass,what will happen to dark colored hybrids?:spock:

Last edited:

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
It's a stupid law, then again, so is the outrage. Driving's a privilege, not a right. Boo-hoo, get over it.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
It's a stupid law, then again, so is the outrage. Driving's a privilege, not a right. Boo-hoo, get over it.

Sure, the left would like everyone to ride bikes, wear sandals, become vegetarian, sweat their brains out in August in So Cal; all while the kings and queens of our government live it up on the backs of the common man.

Our current government is completely broken. The politicians are all out of control and only look out for themselves and their friends. We need a new government. Ours doesnt represent the common man. They represent the elite, and the poor. They intentionally keep the poor in a state of poverty so they will continue to vote for them. They keep the elite happy, as they fund their campaigns. The middle class gets screwed from both ends.

Our founding fathers would look upon our current state with complete disgust. Trust me, we are going down the crapper sometime in the next several years. The economic challenge now is just the beginning. It will get far worse before it will get better. Trust me, sometime in the next several years, our government will propose moving to a global currency. When they do, we will lose all that is left of our sovereignty. The Chinese already own most of us.

It is sad, because this country was founded on noble principles that no nation on earth had ever exercised to the extent we did. Unfortunately, we have veered off course terribly. That goes for both parties. They are both completely broken and useless. Our government is completely useless.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Hey, at least my college diploma will be signed by Arnold Schwarzenegger :tickled:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
California should just succeed from the nation already.

Why? California is like a reflection of the US as a whole, more than any other state. The metropolitan centers are all liberal and the rest is conservative.

GodOfHardcore

Galford's Armourer
hmm... now that you put it that way.

Seems all the random laws and bans that make no sense come out of either Cali or Mass.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Sure, the left would like everyone to ride bikes, wear sandals, become vegetarian, sweat their brains out in August in So Cal; all while the kings and queens of our government live it up on the backs of the common man.

Our current government is completely broken. The politicians are all out of control and only look out for themselves and their friends. We need a new government. Ours doesnt represent the common man. They represent the elite, and the poor. They intentionally keep the poor in a state of poverty so they will continue to vote for them. They keep the elite happy, as they fund their campaigns. The middle class gets screwed from both ends.

Our founding fathers would look upon our current state with complete disgust. Trust me, we are going down the crapper sometime in the next several years. The economic challenge now is just the beginning. It will get far worse before it will get better. Trust me, sometime in the next several years, our government will propose moving to a global currency. When they do, we will lose all that is left of our sovereignty. The Chinese already own most of us.

It is sad, because this country was founded on noble principles that no nation on earth had ever exercised to the extent we did. Unfortunately, we have veered off course terribly. That goes for both parties. They are both completely broken and useless. Our government is completely useless.

All this over the color of a car, folks.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Dark colored cars eh? What about the darkest colored car, Black? You'll probably get prison time for driving a black car.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Perhaps a better question would be: "Would it be the savior of your world?"

:spock:
My point is that I would not care either way. I wouldn't care if all cars were white, or they were all green, or all blue or all black. Whoopide-doo. If 'Liberal rage' is to get worked up over some perceived social injustice, then 'Conservative rage' must be to get all bent out of shape over inconsequential nonsense like the color of a car. That's about the same level as feeling outrage because your office suspended 'casual Fridays'.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
That's about the same level as feeling outrage because your office suspended 'casual Fridays'.

Just as long as Tacky-Tie-Tuesday is still there, there remains an outlet against the doldrums.