you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

contrafan

n00b
Hello, guys.

I'm of course a new user, here. And yes, I cannot post new threads. But I also cannot view user profiles and send private messages, among other things.

I'll be honest, I joined this forum primarily to try contact a user from here. Yeah, I'll probably be getting a lot of heat for this, but at least I'm honest :P Anyway, I have not been able to get in contact with this person any other way and was hoping to reach them from here.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hello, guys.

I'm of course a new user, here. And yes, I cannot post new threads. But I also cannot view user profiles and send private messages, among other things.

I'll be honest, I joined this forum primarily to try contact a user from here. Yeah, I'll probably be getting a lot of heat for this, but at least I'm honest :P Anyway, I have not been able to get in contact with this person any other way and was hoping to reach them from here.

Stick around, post some more and you will be able to contact that person.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Looking forward to being able to introduce myself on these boards before jumping head first into the sales thread...to purchase a bunch of goodies. Already posted a few replies there, but it'll be easier once I can PM and whatnot. Either way, really glad to be back in the Neo Geo scene again. I've got a really interesting story to tell, once I'm able to actually do so :)

bootleg_

n00b
Noob here. Just bought a CMVS from Nectarsis. Can't wait to get it. Awesome forum. Can't wait to participate. Thanks!

bootleg_

n00b
Oh also, I bought a Neo Geo CD with a nice stack of games a while back that wasn't working. A few weeks ago I fixed it. Come to find out the splindle that the CD rests on was pushed too far down and it wasn't able to move. It was pressing against the laser. Maybe this bit of info will help someone down the line.

New to the forum as well, thank you for the activation.
Looking into getting a CMVS and carts soon from here :)

DarkGizmo

n00b
Sorry if this asked already but I just got a Neo Geo Pocket Color (in really good condition minus a dead sub bat!) I'm going to replace the battery but that's not my question, does anyone know where I can get a worm light for the handheld? or a compatible one for that matter? Thanks! :)

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I just wanted to chime in as a relatively new member who has always loved neo geo since I was growing up! There is certainly a wealth of information on these forms and I can really appreciate like minded individuals who will always prefer the real hardware to emulation.

Starting to sink my teeth in and get on my way to doing my first cmvs! Will try to avoid asking any questions that have already been answered :)

um_Raaaa

n00b
Hi once again I still have no access : /....I just simply want to start this adventure
I'm stationed in Korea, I have easy access to carts... I posted my pics earlier to identify my machine ....any help would be appreciated

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi once again I still have no access : /....I just simply want to start this adventure
I'm stationed in Korea, I have easy access to carts... I posted my pics earlier to identify my machine ....any help would be appreciated

OK... you joined in May of this year but only 4 posts... that's ok... but you need more posts to activate your account...

Mmhhh... here's the deal... you post a pic of yourself in this thread... and I'll unlock your account tonight...

xROTx

PS. On a side note... your location says San Diego... but your IP says South Korea... We've had issues wih South Korean members spammin this site... EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

Last edited:
New to the forums here. Been a Neo fan for a long time. Just recently got into retro gaming. Purchased a 3do first and have bought a Neo Geo Cd (top loader) and just waiting on 2 games to arrive to complete my NG CD collection (Japanese). Now starting to work on the English cd releases. Only have 10 games for that. Planning on obtaining an AES soon as well.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
hey guys... newbie thats been doing a lot of lurking and research before jumping in too hard... just starting my MVS collection off, have been lucky enough to pick up quite a few carts off here already (many thanks to Hide, great to deal with!) and looking forward to picking up more :D

would be great to be able to PM, so thought i'd do the right thing and post in here and see what happens :)

also I do have a n00b question that I simply haven't been able to find the answer to... one of the carts i just picked up reported a result of "NG" for the ROM Region check (I ran CRC checks on all the carts when they arrived), all the other banks were good but I can't find what "NG" means... a couple others came up -custom- which i figured out is something to do with encryption on the carts, so yeah if anyone knows what this means or if i should be concerned that it isn't original like i was told that'd be awesome :)

cheers

titan

n00b
hi

Hi and hello, an other noob coming from NGX, looking for the real thing

Much lurking on teh forumz has taught me to go MVS an consolize myself - so i'm about to do just that. ( VGA scaler is still shipping )

One quick question though - why are there so many distinct ground lines on both the jamma connector and on the main ATX connector shouldn't they end up on the same wire eventually? Or are they somehow shielded from each other? :conf:

If the latter, What does one need to look out for when connecting them?

Regards and please don't cyberbully me

titan

n00b
imma answer myself, after stumbling over Xian Xi's tutorials the answer seems to be
"no doesn't matter - just wire every ground line together"

so yeah:
(viewer discretion advised - disturbing imagery)
Spoiler:

IMAG0418.jpg

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
OK... you joined in May of this year but only 4 posts... that's ok... but you need more posts to activate your account...

Mmhhh... here's the deal... you post a pic of yourself in this thread... and I'll unlock your account tonight...

xROTx

PS. On a side note... your location says San Diego... but your IP says South Korea... We've had issues wih South Korean members spammin this site... EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

Rot, he said stationed. That would make him probably American military in SK.

splitbar

n00b
I am a new member because of NeoGeo X I wanna hack it with neoprene gloves so I dont make any marks on it.

J/K

I am consolizing an MV1-C at the moment and needed some help with the RGB cable, but I got my answers on Assembler instead. But it could be nice to have an account here also.

Also I have been lurking here for 10 years and been irritated with the 600px tall burikikiki signature so I want to do my own version but instead of 600, maybe 800px image signature :-) Thanks!

brettybluevein

New Challenger
Hey guys, new to the site and forums and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brett and I'm from Oklahoma. I got my AES about 7 years ago and bought a few of my favorite titles, but then lost interest in seeking out games for it since they are never in the wild. I've recently wanted to start grabbing some more games so here we go! I also went to go look at 2 NG 1 slot arcade cabs last night and might pick those up, who knows. Anyway, I love shooters so if you guys have your faves I'd love to hear what they are! Looking forward to getting to know all of you guys. Later.

Hello all =]

It feels good to be back. Haven't visited in years, and a lot has gone on I suppose. My old name here was Neo1087. After a long couple of years, Id like to get back into buying a few Neo systems and just being around all of the old timers here that I remember. Anywho, good to be back!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello all =]

It feels good to be back. Haven't visited in years, and a lot has gone on I suppose. My old name here was Neo1087. After a long couple of years, Id like to get back into buying a few Neo systems and just being around all of the old timers here that I remember. Anywho, good to be back!

Why didn't you ask someone to access you old account?

Just saying....

xROTx

Ugh, can't even read some stuff now. (No access)
But I took my entire neo back to the shop I got it from for dark screen and he called me and told me 79 per hour and 200 for a used monitor (if they can find one in the back)I doubt the entire thing needs to be replaced when I dropped it off someone had already been in there for maintenance, check these pics... image.jpgWhat should I do!! Help!

Last edited:

Nerdygrrl

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ugh, can't even read some stuff now. (No access)
But I took my entire neo back to the shop I got it from for dark screen and he called me and told me 79 per hour and 200 for a used monitor (if they can find one in the back)I doubt the entire thing needs to be replaced when I dropped it off someone had already been in there for maintenance, check these pics... View attachment 7012What should I do!! Help!

Where did you take your cab into? I wouldn't pay $200 for a used monitor without knowing what has been done to it? Has the chassis been rebuilt? Is there screen burn? Have they done a tube swap? If the answer is no, then you will probably end up right back where you are now a few months down the road.

The dark screen can be anything from a .99 fuse, to a $25 flyback, etc. What you need to do it A) ID your monitor chassis and B) find a good, reliable monitor tech to send it to for repair. There are plenty of good guys out there that will do a chassis rebuild for $150 ish some will even do a tube swap.