you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm fairly new to the Neo Geo system in general. I remember seeing the MVS cabinets floating around different establishments (Pizza Hut, ice skating rink, etc) and always went over to play them. Spin Master was one of the games that I always played (the MVS machines I ran across must've been a 2 slot, and always had the game).

Since collecting games in general, the Neo Geo X system came out, and I got that. That's when I realized that you got to have the actual system, and a few e-mails and some serious purchases later, I have an American system (loose), 9 AES games, an MVS converter, and 10 MVS kits. No regrets!

IrishNinja

Kuroko's Training Dummy
please avoid bumping old threads and hijacking someone else's thread because you can't post yours!

well, shit; i just fucked that one right up, haha
sorry for that! back to voeurying i go...

Rampage

n00b
Hello,
my account has just been activated :)

Since i can only reply as of now i'm "abusing" this thread to present myself to the board :)

Rampage, 30, from Italy.
Used to play a lot of coin op arcades back in the days when arcades were popular.. i recently rediscovered the pleasure of playing old goodies.

NeoGeo has always been my forbidden dream so... now i'm about to walk through the door which will bring me to the point of not going back :D

i'll probably receive my jamma MVS-MV1FZ soon enaugh and will be happy to share with you my joy, my struggles and my drama!.

Hodor

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well, another newbe here :-)

I´m a proud owner of two MVS systems: MV2F and MV1F. The two slot one is in below average condition and it needs a deep cleaning and surely some fixing work. The final purpose I´m looking for is achieving a pretty and useful consolization work.

As Rampage says, Neo Geo has always been to me like a dream that someday would turn to reality. That day has come, finally and happily.

Of course, I´m pretending to be a good member of this community and share with everyone here information, advice and doubts :-)

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
screw it, new member with a question

i have a working 1 slot. is there any maintenance that i need to do on it? is there a guide, for example for replacing the battery, what to replace it with, etc.

Well, I'm new from here.

I entered this site hint of my friend Macck. I'm from Brazil and this year I take some AES for play and collect after years of dreamming with this console. So I hope that learn much information about this masterpiece and share for that.

SRRAE

n00b
I just wanted to say Hi,

I am getting (I've actually got it in the room now but not allowed to play on it) a AES for Christmas. I finally decided I wanted one after admiring them for over 20 years.

I shall be searching for 60Hz mods for PAL systems. I have opened it up and I think it was a version 3-6. There is a resistor named PAL, Im thinking simply removing this resistor will make it run at 60Hz.

Looking forward to becoming a member of this community.

um_Raaaa

n00b
Sorry for the late response ...I'm total noob ..we'll I'm stationed in Korea I'm the us army ..I'm moving to Washington next so I'm trying to pick this up , I bought cab but don't know the model ...lol I feel so foolish

um_Raaaa

n00b
I think I can post things ...I'm not sure because lol this my first forum ever ....so plz msg me if I'm doing anything wrong ...hopefully i can get a reply on my cab I got it for $400 ...I'm working off iPad so I'm not sure if I can upload I will be home the states soon ....thanks again for giving me access if I have it

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Group buys aren't as common the further west in the us you live. Washington and Cali all have a pretty good supply of candy cabs. So-cal has the most and they're usually super cheap.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
well, shit; i just fucked that one right up, haha
sorry for that! back to voeurying i go...

Voyeuring IS your problem. Non-community participation = a cool reception from the rest of the group on the rare occasions that you say something.

um_Raaaa

n00b
Group buys aren't as common the further west in the us you live. Washington and Cali all have a pretty good supply of candy cabs. So-cal has the most and they're usually super cheap.

Thank you ..I wish I found where to buy these so called cabs in SoCal I'm so down once I get back ...I can't wait to work on my cab ...what kind of tools do you suggest or kinda like a work bench type thing.?..

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Hello, another newbie here.

Own an AES system with a handful of games, as Neo Geo was always a goal of mine. I remember seeing the prices for the system and games and thinking "no way can anyone afford that!", but finally broke down and picked one up after years of playing ported versions.

SteveC

n00b
Hello all,

Lurker to the forums for the past few years- finally joined up. I was on DreamCancel for a while as JoeJustice when KOF XIII came out. I'm Sbeehive on KLOV as well.

I've had SNK games for years- never any of the official systems- but have a good deal from the SNES, PS1, XBOX, etc. eras. Used to play the hell out of the NeoGeo setups in the arcades around RI back in the day- especially the Metal Slug 3 at Seekonk.

Finally snagged my first official SNK machine-though sadly I did receive a NGX as a gift last year- got me a goldie I'm trying to restore.

I'm looking to up my SNK knowledge, meet some cool people, and give my goldie the proper restoration she deserves.

-Steve

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
OK n00bs

Here's some serious advice:

1) Don't act entitled over here. you may be well known out on the webz and that's cool, but it doesn't mean much here. At all. You're new, so..
2) Know your Role. the sooner you realize that you're the new kid on the block and don't act like a tough guy, the better. Don't pick a fight with ANYONE.
3) Learn to take your hits. You WILL be flamed at one point or another. Take your licks and don't take them personally
4) DON'T LEACH. people just upping their post counts to get into the Marketplace will be called out. People flipping on the market place will be called out. People price gouging on the marketplace will be called out, pulled out in the street, shot, then drawn and quartered. People not contributing will be called out. We're tight knit, and we intend to keep it that way.
5) When you do get access to it, READ THE MARKETPLACE RULES AND ABIDE BY THEM. We're self regulating and the Mods will not hesitate to give you grief for infractions.

Other than that, start out here slow and you'll be fine.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
OK n00bs

Here's some serious advice:

1) Don't act entitled over here. you may be well known out on the webz and that's cool, but it doesn't mean much here. At all. You're new, so..
2) Know your Role. the sooner you realize that you're the new kid on the block and don't act like a tough guy, the better. Don't pick a fight with ANYONE.
3) Learn to take your hits. You WILL be flamed at one point or another. Take your licks and don't take them personally
4) DON'T LEACH. people just upping their post counts to get into the Marketplace will be called out. People flipping on the market place will be called out. People price gouging on the marketplace will be called out, pulled out in the street, shot, then drawn and quartered. People not contributing will be called out. We're tight knit, and we intend to keep it that way.
5) When you do get access to it, READ THE MARKETPLACE RULES AND ABIDE BY THEM. We're self regulating and the Mods will not hesitate to give you grief for infractions.

Other than that, start out here slow and you'll be fine.

I'd like to nominate Lemony as the good noob shepherd.