you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sey and I am from Australia.

I was looking around for a Neo Geo forum as it is the only system that I never collected and wanted to. I've thrown so much of my money away into arcade games such as KOF and Metal Slug series that I thought I should at least try to buy some of those games from my childhood.

I'm so shocked and surprised at how high the prices have risen for Neo Geo AES English games as I purchased a Rage of the Dragon's AES English game about 10 years ago for $200. Back then I thought that was a lot of cash to spend so I decided not to buy any more and focused on other systems. I now regret that decision because everything is much much more expensive and funny enough I actually don't have an AES system yet :lolz:

Anyway I hope I can get to know everyone and learn more about the Neo Geo.

snowbros

Banned
Hi Everyone,

My name is Sey and I am from Australia.

I was looking around for a Neo Geo forum as it is the only system that I never collected and wanted to. I've thrown so much of my money away into arcade games such as KOF and Metal Slug series that I thought I should at least try to buy some of those games from my childhood.

I'm so shocked and surprised at how high the prices have risen for Neo Geo AES English games as I purchased a Rage of the Dragon's AES English game about 10 years ago for $200. Back then I thought that was a lot of cash to spend so I decided not to buy any more and focused on other systems. I now regret that decision because everything is much much more expensive and funny enough I actually don't have an AES system yet :lolz:

Anyway I hope I can get to know everyone and learn more about the Neo Geo.

welcome to aes world again ;)

Sleazy

n00b
Hi all,

just being polite and saying hello before I dive headlong into your lovely forum.

Like a lot of people I remember the Neo Geo from growing up, it was in a lot of arcades, I never saw a home version (I don't think the AES was released in the UK) but used to read about it in C&VG.

Fast forward to now and after dabbling with Mame and a few compilation discs I ended up buying a Neo Geo X (hang on!!), I managed to get it for a great price but I found it lacking, to be honest the SNK Classics compilation on Wii seemed to run better.

I own a few Jamma cabs so finally managed to get my hands on a nice 1 slotter (MV-1FZ) and haven't looked back.

My collection will seem pretty basic and common I guess but the carts I have picked up so far are:

Metal Slug 2
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Art of Fighting
King of Fighters 94
King of Fighters 96
Puzzle Bobble
Super Sidekicks 2
Tecmo World Cup 96
Samurai Shodown

As a big fan of fighters the MVS is right up my alley!

Recently I discovered a couple of Neo Geo Jamma PCBs, I had no idea these existed but I got SVC: Chaos and King of Fighters 2003.

I really like these PCBs, they are smaller than my other Jamma boards, KOF2003 has been played almost daily.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, will see you about the forum.

Jamesvr6

n00b
Hi there, brand new here! I have been retro collecting for some time I hope I don't bore you but allow me to tell my story. Went to electrics show in London in November 1990 for the release of the sega megadrive which I was buying. Played for the first time ever Nam 1975 on the Neo Geo and fell in love. Saw the price tag and never thought about it again. Zoom forward to about 10 years ago and I purchased a megadrive again! Some years later, many forums and many purchases I now have all the consoles and games from my youth. I must say I have some collection! However there was always the burning desire to have the holy grail, Neo Geo AES. Monday I purchased said item for my Christmas present! I am so excited to play it, I feel just like the boy in 1990!! I searched for a long time and secured what I wanted - a uk pal version with a number of the usual cheap games, 9 in total, AES11 being my favourite so far. I was allowed 1 hour playtime by my girlfriend who helped purchase, now wrapped up till Christmas!

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi everyone, after registering some months ago (but owning no NeoGeo) I decided to buy a CMVS and waiting for my first games to arrive.

As others here I played a lot with arcade games and time has arrived to finally play them at home

Ok hope you can help. I remember as a kid I would play a game system "I think a neo" and their was one game i really liked. but I cant remember the name of it. the game was a RPG with mulit player/character ability. and it had the use of Stones in the game like gems. I think they gave power ups or some thing, but that's all i remember. I know its not much but I was like 7 and just know i enjoyed the game.

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
Fairly new to the Neo. I bought a MVS 4 slot ,and I've owned a AES for a couple of months. I love arcade games, and I used to pour quarters into the big red two slot at the local truck stop.

well i see everyone posting here so i figured id have a go at it. i joined the site a while back after i got my first aes and never really did anything else on the forums besides browse but now im working on consolizing an mv1c. so a little introduction,my name is nick im 20 years old and ive been actively collecting anything gaming related for close to 3 years now and the neo geo that i have has really gotten me interested in the community.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
hello everyone.

I've been a fan of the neo geo since I found out about it as a kid. about 15 yrs ago I pulled the trigger on a neo geo cd system, and fell in love with metal slug 2, still have it.

around a month after that some guy going by Big Bear sold me an arcade stick for it, good to see he's still around.

I'm currently awaiting 2 mvs boards, I bought a 2 slot to make into a cmvs and the other I plan on making my own arcade cabinet for a game room.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ok hope you can help. I remember as a kid I would play a game system "I think a neo" and their was one game i really liked. but I cant remember the name of it. the game was a RPG with mulit player/character ability. and it had the use of Stones in the game like gems. I think they gave power ups or some thing, but that's all i remember. I know its not much but I was like 7 and just know i enjoyed the game.

It's was most likely Magician Lord.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
And another new user checking in. I'm a massive hardware fetishist, I just like collecting the different systems out there. My main love is in US, home consoles (have almost every one from 2nd generation on, with the exception of a few early 2nd-gen ones), but I know sooner or later I'll be branching into arcade hardware as well. First step there will likely be a consolized MVS, so it felt like I should start at the very least lurking here.

But I do have a lovely, low-serial AES and a NGCD, both fully modded by Xian Xi as well as a NGPC. I've been trying to find someone who can consolize the NGPC as well -- had someone do it to my GBA and I'm now hooked on the idea of consolized portables, but it's got to look right to me. The famous consolized Game Gear that looks like an SMS set the bar for me, and now I want to make them all match there.

Anyway, hi.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I've been trying to find someone who can consolize the NGPC as well.

Hi man. I think it's difficult to get the video signal out of the NGPC - but if that is possible, I'd be very interested in that as well ;) Let us know what you find.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I got my MVS 2 slot yesterday....

got it up and going on my tv... not having load times is soooooooo awesome...
Loving it.

I'll be turning this 2 slot into a CMVS

SRRAE

n00b
Hi Im looking for some help about a Neo Geo AES I have recently acquired.
This is particularly about the AC adapter.

I have a PAL Neo Geo AES it came with a Sega Mega Drive 2 adapter. 9V 850ma but I know not all AES can run safely on one of those.

Anyway after searching around I found that my it may not be the correct one. I found on Jamma Nation an guide of which AC adapter you need. My console says Use Pro-Pow AC adapter only which according to the AC guide on Jamma Nation says it needs a 5V 3amp adapter.
I bought an official 5V 3amp adapter but Im getting a muddy brown screen when I turn on the console.

I have tried searching but couldn't find anything on site.

Can some one assist me in finding out which AC adapter I need? Thanks.

Stuart

hungar

n00b
Just thought I would say hello, I have been lurking around these forums for a while now hoovering up information and becoming acclimatised to the general culture.

I consolised a 1 slot earlier in the year as well as buying a CDZ and I have been enjoying them both immensely. Currently playing Blazing Star, love that game.

All the best!

nuker43

n00b
Oops.. i think i hijacked someone else's thread by accident before reading this one... sorry!

bjamis

n00b
New member here! Unfortunately I can't create new posts yet and don't want to hijack existing threads. I'm working on a project to build a small Neo Geo cabinet (MVS-1/2 style) and can't find a full on side shot of a cabinet to trace or dimensions anywhere(!) online. So I created a vector from what I could find and am hoping getting some input from veterans on how close this looks to an actual cabinet side. Looking for proportion and proper angles. Any input is greatly appreciated.
cabinet.png

Stiletto

n00b
I'm probably not going to stick around but if someone could pass this into the main forum, that would be great. I also posted about this at AssemblerGames.

IMG_2539-800px.jpg

So here's an oddity:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=37882

I've never heard of this - was this a Japanese domestic market thing?
An SNK-branded graphics card for upgrading PCs? I'm not aware of any SNK "Arcade PC" platforms...

It appears to have a place where it could have another S3 GPU. This most likely would have been used for multi-monitor, but there's no second bank for extra video RAM... Not sure what the 30-pin internal connector would be for though... it's more than JAMMA, more than the VESA feature connector... seems a bit strange for IDE too.

So, what's the story? Thought that if you didn't know, you might have some contacts who would. :-)

Current thinking is that it is either:
a. a 1997-1998 SNK development card that was liquidated as part of their bankruptcy, sold for parts
b. a 1997-1998 Japanese-domestic-market-only PC graphics card upgrade kit (possibly made by Canopus), branded "SNK" to grab additional money and attention.

But maybe it is something different? There's definitely some oddness about it...

If someone could spread this question on Neo-Geo or NeoGeo4Life or some place, and post links here, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

- Stiletto

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi Im looking for some help about a Neo Geo AES I have recently acquired.
This is particularly about the AC adapter.

I have a PAL Neo Geo AES it came with a Sega Mega Drive 2 adapter. 9V 850ma but I know not all AES can run safely on one of those.

Anyway after searching around I found that my it may not be the correct one. I found on Jamma Nation an guide of which AC adapter you need. My console says Use Pro-Pow AC adapter only which according to the AC guide on Jamma Nation says it needs a 5V 3amp adapter.
I bought an official 5V 3amp adapter but Im getting a muddy brown screen when I turn on the console.

I have tried searching but couldn't find anything on site.

Can some one assist me in finding out which AC adapter I need? Thanks.

Stuart

How much did the official power adapter run you? I've been kinda looking for an official one to go with my system, but they all seem pricey on ebay on the rare occasion I see them pop up.

sammargh

n00b
Been registered here for a few months but life got busy and I neglected to really get into a community. Life has slowed down somewhat so why not!

I obtained an Omega kit sometime last year and have enjoyed it quite a bit. So far for games I have the 161-in-1, Metal Slug 1,X,3, bootleg 5, Ninja Combat and Samurai Showdown V. While I enjoy the 161-in-1 there's still a handful of games I don't have which I hopefully can work on this year along with finishing my Metal Slug collection with all legit carts.

Personally I'm not strictly a Neo-Geo enthusiast but do enjoy the games quite a bit. I'm more of a system collector in general. My collection ranges from some of the standard stuff like a Duo-R, Super Famicom, various Saturns all the way to my Titler, NESRGB modded AV Famicom w/ FDS and so on. Unfortunately I've kind of hit the limit in space for consoles so I'm mostly focusing on my white whale games which are way too hard to come by. It's at least nicer on the pocketbook until one comes around...

Anyways just dropping by to say hello and looking forward to being a part of this community!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm probably not going to stick around but if someone could pass this into the main forum, that would be great.
Hey Stiletto, made you a thread in General here.

You should really stick around though, folks on here are nice, give good deals to the community, invent incredible new hard/soft, know their stuff and will give you a helping hand if you turn out to be one of the good guys ;) This place only has a bad rep because scammers, flippers and noobs that come here solely for the market (and/or misbehave) are run off very efficiently.