World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Doesn't look like there is a group of death this World Cup.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Uk vs Russia spy row is deeping and it's not going end anytime soon ,doesn't look good for the English fans traveling to Russia.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Uk vs Russia spy row is deeping and it's not going end anytime soon ,doesn't look good for the English fans traveling to Russia.

It's gonna be fine... I'll be sat at home in my boxer shorts and T-shirt drinking booze...

So... who cares...

xROTx

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
yeah...its gonna be fine...and btw: putin is not erdogan

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's gonna be fine... I'll be sat at home in my boxer shorts and T-shirt drinking booze...

So... who cares...

xROTx

Hope that FIFA does the right thing and cancels it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hope that FIFA does the right thing and cancels it.

I wish... but I suppose it aint gonna happen...

The money involved would be too great for Fifa to lose... to back out now...

The same FIFA that awarded Qatar a WC?

Ugh.... That just says it all Wasabi...

Fifa are more corrupt than a Nigerian Prince sending you emails...

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yay! I'll get up at 3am to watch the only game we'll play before we're smashed. So fucking exciting!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yay! I'll get up at 3am to watch the only game we'll play before we're smashed. So fucking exciting!

If Australia make it out of that group... I'll shave my head completely and write... "Lachlan Rules" on my bald palette...

xROTx

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Austrila in a tough group , France to top that one........then the rest it's open

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Austrila in a tough group , France to top that one........then the rest it's open

That is the challenge - for France not to implode upon its massive talent.

Like 2010, or 2002.

Every other Cup it seems.

Here is the problem for France - huge egos. Pogba and Martial are more concerned with their personal brands than with playing with their teammates. MBappe has never played in a legitimate league. Neither has Lemar, or Rabiot. Their best player is a pygmy with a massive engine, who has languished on a Chelsea squad that cannot achieve. On top of all of that, any realistic variation of a starting XI will have players from 11 different teams. Chemistry will be an issue.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
That is the challenge - for France not to implode upon its massive talent.

Like 2010, or 2002.

Every other Cup it seems.

Here is the problem for France - huge egos. Pogba and Martial are more concerned with their personal brands than with playing with their teammates. MBappe has never played in a legitimate league. Neither has Lemar, or Rabiot. Their best player is a pygmy with a massive engine, who has languished on a Chelsea squad that cannot achieve. On top of all of that, any realistic variation of a starting XI will have players from 11 different teams. Chemistry will be an issue.

Since 98 I always had a soft spot for France but agreed, they just have a way of imploding. Hopefully they won't do and hope they avoid sex scandals as well.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Since 98 I always had a soft spot for France but agreed, they just have a way of imploding. Hopefully they won't do and hope they avoid sex scandals as well.

It's tough to deny them the knockout rounds with the way the groups look. The most obvious predications for the group winners are

Uruguay, Russia
Spain, Portugal
France, Denmark
Argentina, Croatia
Brazil, Costa Rica
Germany, Mexico
Belgium, England
Colombia, Poland

But here is what will probably happen

Uruguay, Egypt
Portugal, Spain
Peru, Denmark
Croatia, Argentina
Brazil, Switzerland
Germany, Sweden
Belgium, England
Colombia, Poland

In the world cups where France bombed out, there was the factor of Uruguay. In 2002 it was Denmark that won the group. In 2010 it was Uruguay. But overall, France is simply not that great against South American teams. Peru is far from a great team, but I wouldn't count them out as giant killers. And if Australia plays their cards right, and runs a controlled defense against Denmark and Peru to pick up scrub points, they may actually move out of their group.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
All I know is Argentina are grasping at straws. We play a friendly against Italy without Messi recently, win two nil and we think we are breaking new ground.

A few days later we lose 6 1 to Spain, who completely outplayed us.

Argentina is weak. The team is Messi dependant, stupidly so. Messi is incredibly gifted but he is an awkward player when it comes to the national team, surrounded by divas who don't give a fuck about the colours.

So fuck Argentina.
But it would be cool to win the world cup.
Though it would mean 4 more years of Macri as president for sure.

I think Germany or Spain will win the world cup this year

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
All I know is Argentina are grasping at straws. We play a friendly against Italy without Messi recently, win two nil and we think we are breaking new ground.

A few days later we lose 6 1 to Spain, who completely outplayed us.

Argentina is weak. The team is Messi dependant, stupidly so. Messi is incredibly gifted but he is an awkward player when it comes to the national team, surrounded by divas who don't give a fuck about the colours.

So fuck Argentina.
But it would be cool to win the world cup.
Though it would mean 4 more years of Macri as president for sure.

I think Germany or Spain will win the world cup this year

I have some strong thoughts about Argentina too. Argentina have the talent to win every world cup for the past 9 years. The problem is that they don't take advantage of the double teams. Players don't get the ball to the open man to push up the field. In Higuain's case, it's nerves. As if there is something in the back of his mind telling him he needs to defer to Messi. I would love to see Argentina line Messi up in a central midfield role, as a play maker. Letting him score goals is such a fucking waste of talent.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I have some strong thoughts about Argentina too. Argentina have the talent to win every world cup for the past 9 years. The problem is that they don't take advantage of the double teams. Players don't get the ball to the open man to push up the field. In Higuain's case, it's nerves. As if there is something in the back of his mind telling him he needs to defer to Messi. I would love to see Argentina line Messi up in a central midfield role, as a play maker. Letting him score goals is such a fucking waste of talent.

Totally. Especially with having Messi pull back

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm not looking forward to this world cup at all from England's perspective. I've wanted to see Rooney step aside for at least two competitions and I'm finally getting my wish. My fear is that it turns out he actually was as good as England have, and that things are terminal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not looking forward to this world cup at all from England's perspective. I've wanted to see Rooney step aside for at least two competitions and I'm finally getting my wish. My fear is that it turns out he actually was as good as England have, and that things are terminal.

What's the English XI?

Hart/Butland

Walker Stones Dier Rose?

Henderson Lingard Sterling Alli

Kane Rashford
???

That team seems kind of mediocre. I would drop Sterling completely. No need for diva princesses who go full tilt poofta in Pep's office closet.