Why has there never been a NG.com convention?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Wouldn't it be apeshit? I mean, after haunting this place for nearly a decade now, putting actual faces to all these persona would be like visiting fucking Narnia.

Shawn? Can we do it in Memphis? C'mon man.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'll go if

Terry330
Average Joe
Lagduf
lithy
SouthtownKid
GregN.

go.

I will make it a get-together they'll remember on their deathbeds.

however I'm gonna be real embarrassed when everyone finds out I can't play fighters.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I think it's been discussed before, but interest seemed marginal...

I would go.

SSS

neo retired
too many PLANE TICKET altercations would be due. I suggest we could hand out foam bats to everyone at the door.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
If it's gonna happen, better make it soon or I can't come (heading for Taiwan at the end of next month).

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Never happen. I think it would be interesting but this community is TOO international and TOO spread out even U.S.A. wise. What would the draw be? I mean ppl paying money to go to some huge Nerd convention (Star Trek, Comic Cons, Anime Cons, etc.) makes sense. There's some tangible product to come away with. For us, most of us have the Neo or did at one time, it be more or less to meet one another right? Even I would be hard pressed to buy a plane ticket, bus ticket, or whatever... travel to some other state, go to a city I've never been to, only to have what would amount to a MASSIVE hangout.

None the less I'd be interested in going to one, but as already mentioned, there's the "plane ticket" problem. Many of us here are highly opinionated to the extreme (me included of course), and in a social situation, it could get stupid mighty quick, especially if someone was razzing someone and told to knock it off and they wouldn't just let it drop. This online community (while I love it) is a cesspool.

4 that reason I'm intrigued by the idea, but there should be like something to really make the whole thing memorable. Gun Range Day, xXxtreme Sports Day, Video Game Armageddon Day, Bros Pullin' Hos Night... a Drink A Thon, and cap it off with eating sushi on the raw (off of hot nekkid women). Basically a center we all meet up, but it's like a whole week of events where we'd all have to caravan or have multiple buses driving us around to various events. All in the name of camaraderie.

That's my idea anyhow.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'll go if

Terry330
Average Joe
Lagduf
lithy
SouthtownKid
GregN.

go.

however I'm gonna be real embarrassed when everyone finds out I can't play fighters.

:(

I'd be all over this if it wasn't like incredibly far from where I live. If someone else got it all together I'd go.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
too many PLANE TICKET altercations would be due. I suggest we could hand out foam bats to everyone at the door.

Nobody would do shit IRL, maybe argue at the most.

The reason a mass NG.com get together has never happened is mainly because everyone is fucking lazy.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
And poor from buying Neo Geo games.:crying:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I'll go if

Terry330
Average Joe
Lagduf
lithy
SouthtownKid
GregN.

go.

I'll go anywhere that there is beer.

Memphis is a short trip, who has Shawn's address?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Nobody would do shit IRL, maybe argue at the most.

The reason a mass NG.com get together has never happened is mainly because everyone is fucking lazy.

I'll let it be known (I don't look for trouble BTW), that if I did personally go to some get together and someone wouldn't let shit drop, I would indeed confront them about it. No matter their size, dexterity or whatever. No reason ppl can't agree to disagree and let shit drop. But if not, I wouldn't want any bullshit "charges" when there was a rumble in the jungle and real estate got broke. I don't fuck with ppl and I expect the same of them.

Bullshit however can be solved with a good fist fight and broken shit. No guns though. Anyone do that and there inherently a pussy.

AND YEP YOU DID HIT THE NAIL IN THE HEAD THOUGH.

we're a bunch of lazy bastids. Like I said.

...if there's no SHAZAAM BAAAAAAM Boom Sha Ka La Ka and some gratitutious female nudity and wacky hijinks somewhere in there, then really now, what's the point? Might as well have the same NG.COM get together we have everyday. LOG IN and do your thang. In reality we all live more or less ho hum lives, have our routines, and this place is our digital playground to be assholes and Dysfunctional Cyber Heroes.

The reality of ourselves would be no match for our E Legends in the first place.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Never happen. I think it would be interesting but this community is TOO international and TOO spread out even U.S.A. wise. What would the draw be? I mean ppl paying money to go to some huge Nerd convention (Star Trek, Comic Cons, Anime Cons, etc.) makes sense.

I will attend if this is merged with a star trek convention.
-starks out

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
The fact you put me on a list that also contained GregN is a bit insulting.

o come on,
he's just a misunderstood grown adult
living with his relatives.
he's not crazy or anything.
just dysfunctional,
like your typical crazy uncle jimmy or something.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
It'd be rad if it was a weekend of drinking, gaming, and giving lonesage the reacharound

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm totally down for this idea.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It would be interesting enough to justify going just to watch galfordo get harangued by a bunch of liberals in person.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
If I showed up there would be people getting body slammed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Guerrilla convention at Rockwind in Vegas? No games. Just alcohol and incendiaries.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Guerrilla convention at Rockwind in Vegas? No games. Just alcohol and incendiaries.

I'll bring the hookers, you bring the chainsaws, someone else grab the beer.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I vote midwest because I live there.

Actually, it would be the best middle ground because hey, it's the midwest. I would bring a Neo Geo 4 Slot Cab and an import ps2 with two controllers and a projector/we could have a KOF 2002 Unlimited Match tourney...... :)