Why has there never been a NG.com convention?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I'd love to go, assuming all the murderers amongst us are in prison.

That being said, I use all my vacation time going to Japan so it would have to be a long weekend deal.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I know it's being overshadowed by murder and child-stabbing but can we also set a rule if this happens about not bringing dolls as dates?

I'd honestly find that more disturbing than chilling with a murderer.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Also, everybody who enters has to have had a bath/shower in the past 2 days at least.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
and if we have it in Vegas we can all take turns with Domino-chan

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I think it is a good idea and floated it a few years ago in the Neo Geo discussions section.

NintendoAge.com had a convention a couple years ago in Knoxville and about 200 people showed up. My guess is that a Neo-Geo.com convention would draw the same regardless of where it would be held in the country. Vegas is only a good idea if you have someone with the wherewithal to put it on in the area.

There are so many details in the planning and organization of a convention that one person or a small group can't do it alone. Many mid-sized conventions have staffing in the 100s.

I think the best bet for a Neo Geo convention would be to have it within another convention. That is what NintendoAge is doing now with GameCore. www.gamecorecon.com

In this case, GameCore handles all the logistics of booking the space, promotion etc and gives some of the space to groups (like NintendoAge) in exchange for show content.

Carlson

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We do have Vegas members...

I want to go to the pinball hall of fame place :emb:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think it is a good idea and floated it a few years ago in the Neo Geo discussions section.

NintendoAge.com had a convention a couple years ago in Knoxville and about 200 people showed up. My guess is that a Neo-Geo.com convention would draw the same regardless of where it would be held in the country. Vegas is only a good idea if you have someone with the wherewithal to put it on in the area.

There are so many details in the planning and organization of a convention that one person or a small group can't do it alone. Many mid-sized conventions have staffing in the 100s.

I think the best bet for a Neo Geo convention would be to have it within another convention. That is what NintendoAge is doing now with GameCore. www.gamecorecon.com

In this case, GameCore handles all the logistics of booking the space, promotion etc and gives some of the space to groups (like NintendoAge) in exchange for show content.

Carlson

Do you think this would see more attendance than the MN gathering?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
everyone keeps saying vegas, i know a few guys from here are on srk and likely going to evo, just do it during evo :)

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
everyone keeps saying vegas, i know a few guys from here are on srk and likely going to evo, just do it during evo :)

I know Dom's been to EVO before...I wonder if she'd be willing to poke around with some of the EVO brass and see what the potential for such a thing is.

Vegas sounds ideal for a wide variety of reasons, cheap airfare and plentiful hotel rooms chief among them. The heartier, drinkin' folk among us can get our party on at night.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Guys, If we actually did this, we wouldn't just sit and play games all day would we?

I can really only play so many fighters before I get bored and want to not stare at a TV for six hours.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Guys, If we actually did this, we wouldn't just sit and play games all day would we?

I can really only play so many fighters before I get bored and want to not stare at a TV for six hours.

I can promise I'd be drunk 75% of the time

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

The only difference between that and the rest of vegas is that you're not losing at a rate of $150/hr... and you don't have to be watched by a pit boss.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
I really would love to go and meet the wonderful neo-geo.com crew, but i'm between jobs at the moment and have a £330/month mortgage to pay to boot, so i'm currently up shit creak.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If something like this came about I probably wouldn't play any games. I'd just stand around and drink/bs with people. Much like coming to the actual site.

Tacitus

Staff member
I really would love to go and meet the wonderful neo-geo.com crew, but i'm between jobs at the moment and have a £330/month mortgage to pay to boot, so i'm currently up shit creak.

That's a shame, I was looking forward to shitting in your mouth.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
If something like this came about I probably wouldn't play any games. I'd just stand around and drink/bs with people. Much like coming to the actual site.

yup pretty much. I'd totally act a fuckin fool if we all got together. The last thing I'd want to do is play games.

Tacitus

Staff member
yup pretty much. I'd totally act a fuckin fool if we all got together. The last thing I'd want to do is play games.

Unless it was Oookie Kernow.. i think that's a game we'd all enjoy. ;)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I wouldn't want to play games.

Booze and weed.

If it's in driving distance I'll bring some Maui or The Island.