Why does KOF XII suck so much? (Was "So KOF XII is delayed?")

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm so tired of waiting for this stupid patch. God damn.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's late so not sure if anyone is bothered but I did a long ass write up on the game... I'm no expert player but I have enjoyed XII despite its shortcomings... see if you agree with me?

http://www.neogeoforlife.com//viewpage.php?page_id=302

Kaz
That was really good. Thanks for posting it. I've always loved the site. I agree with most everything you said. The only problem is it gets a little long, and you end up repeating yourself quite a bit. You could iron out some of the repeated information. You really know your KOF's!

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
That was really good. Thanks for posting it. I've always loved the site. I agree with most everything you said. The only problem is it gets a little long, and you end up repeating yourself quite a bit. You could iron out some of the repeated information. You really know your KOF's!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I know it probably is a little too long, I tried to make it a little more in-depth than other reviews I had read. I got carried away slightly though I guess; I did do a quick re-read to check for spelling errors etc but I may have made a couple of other mistakes. If there's time later on I'll try and fix them, I do have a tendency to repeat myself a little bit sometimes! :)

Anyways, glad you enjoyed reading it and thanks for the comments!

Kaz

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It's late so not sure if anyone is bothered but I did a long ass write up on the game... I'm no expert player but I have enjoyed XII despite its shortcomings... see if you agree with me?

http://www.neogeoforlife.com//viewpage.php?page_id=302

Kaz

Great review. Very exhaustive. Perhaps a bit too wordy but mostly spot on in regards to this game. Your final score is accurate and well deserved for this fun but ultimately underachieving title.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Great review. Very exhaustive. Perhaps a bit too wordy but mostly spot on in regards to this game. Your final score is accurate and well deserved for this fun but ultimately underachieving title.

I don't mind wordy if it's entertaining, and Kaz always is. Good stuff.

So! Turtlers abound in this game. Suggestions?

Grabbing is harder in this game than it needs to be...

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
How can I whore arcade mode in under 3 30?

I just want to get the 1P trophies, then never play that mode again..

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy
so has a patch for PS3 been released, and for those of you who have downloaded it, does it work? I want the game, but I am pretty bummed that the online play is flawed, and seeing as how my friends aren't into 2D fighters, online play will be my saving grace once I've beaten the hell out of the single player game.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
so has a patch for PS3 been released, and for those of you who have downloaded it, does it work? I want the game, but I am pretty bummed that the online play is flawed, and seeing as how my friends aren't into 2D fighters, online play will be my saving grace once I've beaten the hell out of the single player game.

:lol:

video_disease

Kuroko's Training Dummy

saw that, but heard a PS3 patch was to be released before 360, and I didn't know what that particular user played on. so yes, I did read the post before, and was asking for some details. also, I am on a cell phone so I can't see his gamer tag if he has one! :loco:

Last edited:

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
saw that, but heard a PS3 patch was to be released before 360, and I didn't know what that particular user played on. so yes, I did read the post before, and was asking for some details. also, I am on a cell phone so I can't see his gamer tag if he has one! :loco:

If you'll forgive a bit of friendly ribbing, his sig is for PSN, his post is only 2 days old, and considering how active the thread has been, patch discussion obviously would've been afoot had it been released. :hammer:

I'm just being a bunghole. It was only passed to Sony for certification in the past couple days. You probably won't see it till after the firmware update, at the very earliest.

Edit: Cell phone browsing is a bitch, so I know what you mean. I wish those Gawker fucks would stop breaking Kotaku. I can't even post from Opera Mini 95% of the time.

Last edited:

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
If not by the end of August, mid-september maybe. By the time the patch is released, Tekken 6 BR will be released.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll prolly just give up if it takes more weeks of waiting. I might go for about another week tops. Nobody should have to deal with the inconsistency, especially with how on point Capcom has been to its American fan base.

There's zero salvageable reason to bother in single player also. I cannot deal with watching the cpu mash pokes from max distance constantly, fuck me, I think we've all been good enough sports by now =/

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Capcom needs to update this shit so characters songs play in actual matches. The original character themes are to awesome to only play during stupid 1p grudge garbage.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Capcom needs to update this shit so characters songs play in actual matches. The original character themes are to awesome to only play during stupid 1p grudge garbage.

I totally have forgotten the character specific songs. Cammy's song is arranged very well. I'm always hearing it during lobby matches.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I saw the Korean version in a store today. It has Korean text on the package and everything. I can't imagine what Europeans are waiting for.

The patch can't take that long, right? They managed to have that one out on time for the official release date. Given, the retail disc had been available to a select few long before that, but if they can get that one done within a month or so, why not this?