Which Metal Slug is your favorite?

Which Metal Slug is your favorite?

• Total voters

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You love it so much you wanna fuck it, sounds like X is your fav...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
1 and X are my favorites for different reasons, but I have to say the original never gets old. Also, 5 deserves more love than it gets.

X > 2
5 > 3

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
1 never gets old. Probably still be playing it in 20 years. All the other ones got old and tedious long ago for me.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
200_s.gif

Fuckin' a, man.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeeeeaaahhhh...
I'm going to have to go ahead and, sort of, disagree with you on that.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
5 has a horrible soundtrack, completely ruins the game.

I voted for Metal Slug 3, it doesn't get the respect it deserves (as being SNK Corp's swan song).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
bogard, DecepticonZero, donluca, kuze, PolluxTroy, RAZO, system11, Vidfreaky

Bar81, Day_Man, lions3, Mr. Mort, RetroTechRewind, ysselcneogeo

Colorado Rockie, ElectricGrave, HeavyMachineGun, lachlan, Mega, pegboy, Vectorman0, vinnieboy1, Yagyu Jubei

All of the above-mentioned users are philistines.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Metal slug 3 is my favourite. Metal slug 5 is a close 2nd.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love all the Metal Slugs even the non Neo ones except for 3D and that's 'cause I've never played nor do I plan to.

In order of preference.

3: I know is long and I'll prolly never 1cc but the game is a lot of fun to play, every time. What I love the most is the accentuated difference between stages.
X: I really like the improvement on an already great game thus making it an even better game. I love everything about it, even the palette swaps.
2: Fun game, even with the slowdown I enjoy it greatly but the Turbo update is a great addition.
1: Fantastic game, best candidate for the 1cc IMHO.
5: I love the new feel it brings and I really dig the slide, it's like a little tighter 3, very gimmicky with the slugs but in a fun way.
4: Love the dual machine guns, it brings me back to the first one in a way, I actually enjoy it as well, very underrated.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I went to the arcade last night and went thru 1

dat ending tho

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Metal Slug 2 is my favorite Slug but Favorite game period. I remember back when it was in Lucky's Arcade in Seaside Heights NJ during summer of 1998. It was operating inside a candy cab sitting on a milk crate to make it taller haha. A lot of good memories and two player was a blast.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Metal Slug 3. It's crazy and epic and that's how i love my arcade games. Above all it has barely any slowdown, even when playing it with a friend which is great too.

nesboy43

n00b
I'll have to go with Metal Slug 3. The last few stages just get so insane and over the top that it is hard for anything else to compare.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Metal Slug 3 for me as well, although X is a close second. 3 is the most epic of the series and really does close the book on the original story that was being told. To me, the games that came after 3, while all very good, are almost non-canon.

Missile

Another Striker
I see some threads ask what is the best and others what is your favorite.

There's a big difference between the two.

I personally recognize that MS3 is the best in the series, but I personally enjoy MS2 more.

Fuck X.

Surely that means that MS2 is the best in the series? How can MS3 be better if you enjoy MS2 more? Strange logic :)

For me MS1 is the best game in the series *and* my favourite. It's just better as a complete game than MS3. MS3 adds a load of extra fun stuff and bloat which it has to do as a sequel but MS1 just plays better and is a better designed and more streamlined game.

My order is MS1, MS3, MS2. I haven't played the other two much because 3 Metal Slugs is more than enough for me. Also MS X just reminds me of what MS2 could have been and makes me sad. I would have placed MS2 above MS3 but the slowdown is appalling. I think people go too easy on it, if someone released a game that expensive now with that level of slowdown... it wouldn't even get bought. MSX should have been "MS2 Fixed!"

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
The first one blew me away the first time I played it and it'll always be my favorite.

Metal Slug 5 is a close second because I really love the music in that game.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
My order is MS1, MS3, MS2. I haven't played the other two much because 3 Metal Slugs is more than enough for me. Also MS X just reminds me of what MS2 could have been and makes me sad. I would have placed MS2 above MS3 but the slowdown is appalling. I think people go too easy on it, if someone released a game that expensive now with that level of slowdown... it wouldn't even get bought. MSX should have been "MS2 Fixed!"
I don't understand your logic. MSX reminds you of what 2 could've been, you think MS2 has appalling slowdown and you feel MSX should've been "MS2 Fixed." Yet you still prefer MS2?

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I don't understand your logic. MSX reminds you of what 2 could've been, you think MS2 has appalling slowdown and you feel MSX should've been "MS2 Fixed." Yet you still prefer MS2?

I feel the same way. I wish MSX was just MS2.1 with only the slowdown fix. But SNK felt obligated to turn the fix into a new game, so made a whole bunch of changes for the sake of change. All for the worst.

I hate MS2's slowdown, but still prefer it over MSX.

And yes, I know that hardcore Slug players say that MSX's gameplay changes were all for the better. That's fine, I'm sure objectively it's the better game, but I just personally prefer 2.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well I only have X and 3 for the MVS but have played all of them via emulation or other platforms over the years, I still think X and 3 are the best hence owning physical versions. MS3 tips is in someways due to the sheer volume of content and variety but X is better for quick blasts.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

It's just all them fuckers in denial, they like MS2 'cause it's friendly...yay! Hurray, I can play Metal Slug...deerrrp.

I like it for what it is, the design is excellent, the programming not so much, there it is, done. MSX is excellent, a better game in every possible way, excellent design, excellent programming.

Had MS2 never come out and MSX come out instead all these fanboys would be swearing by it.

Edit:...or maybe not...not slow enough for them to feel special...deeerrrp.

Last edited: