What anime are you watching?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I won't lie...

Just finished watching Cyber City Oedo 808 for the first time. Loved it. Everything was superb, the characters, writing, voice-acting (JAP), animation and music (great 80's shit). It's a shame that they only made 3 episodes. Is this based on a Manga? If so, I'd like to read it.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I'm loving the love that Parasyte has been getting lately here. I loved the manga, but at first wasn't sure about the anime, but they've really gotten into their groove with the series so far.

haven't been on lately, been busy with work so I'm responding to this late, but let me just say that Parasyte is hitting it out of the park on a weekly basis, I've described it to my friend as something that sort of mixes a slice of life anime with seinen insanity, there's a very Spider-man esque quality to it with the whole "juggling personal life with battling evil" plots and yet it feels fresh even though I know the manga is almost 20 years old at this point, greats eries and I look forward to it more than any of the other anime's I watch weekly, and this is a great season for anime, so that's saying something

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I've been WANTING to watch Metal Armor Dragonar, but the current translation is kinda shitty, so it's kinda tough for me to take it..

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I won't lie...

Just finished watching Cyber City Oedo 808 for the first time. Loved it. Everything was superb, the characters, writing, voice-acting (JAP), animation and music (great 80's shit). It's a shame that they only made 3 episodes. Is this based on a Manga? If so, I'd like to read it.

There is no other media related to this shortly-lived series other than some PC-Engine game, I think.

HERE ARE SOME COOL THE WIND RISES BACKGROUNDS

http://filmot.org/a/WhfxJ

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Just a heads up RightStuf is having a crazy holiday sale right now. I picked up the entire Berserk manga set for 50% off and a few blu-rays.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Am I the only one that has thought the new season of Psycho Pass has taken a huge nosedive? I'm sticking with it but damn it is shit compared to the first.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Am I the only one that has thought the new season of Psycho Pass has taken a huge nosedive? I'm sticking with it but damn it is shit compared to the first.

I only caught the first ep so far, I got lazy since I have to watch it on the comp instead of teh netflix, that's not what I was hoping to hear tho sazzy :(

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

You're not the only one Pope. I fell asleep in the middle of the fifth episode and haven't watched any since. I want to keep with it in deference to the first season, but I'm finding it difficult to care about the characters this time around...and like I've mentioned before, I really dislike that newer officer who's always second guessing the lead character. See what I mean, I can't even remember their names...not a good sign.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Anyone else Kickstart the Bubblegum Crisis Blu-ray set? I got my copy the other day. I've watched the first two episode and the picture quality is great!

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Yeah I got mine the week they sent them out, was talking with Slerch who lives hella close to Animego's home base about how I got mine before he did.

Finished the first disc in both subbed and dubbed forms. If Animego does this with another series I'll kick in again

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I don't know the first thing about anime...I recently got netflix and gave that Attack on Titan show a shot...seemed kind of cool at first but it got a bit dull and I gave up after the 5th episode.

Then I figured i'd give another show a shot...Heavens Lost Property...dear god...

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Ive been watching Haruhi Suzumiya and the thats about it oh yeah I plan on getting Nadesico at my Barnes & Nobles or Amazon.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't know what the hell it is, but about once every two years or so I get the urge to watch Dragon Ball again.

I own all of Dragon Ball, the Z Dragon Box sets, the Rock the Dragon set, the Kai box sets, the GT box sets, and every single movie/OVA/special released in the US on DVD or Blu Ray.

Right now I'm going through the Japanese dub with subtitles. I usually like the English dub because adult Goku's voice bugs me, but I'm not even up to the first World Tournament yet so I've got a long way to go before that's an issue.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Fate/Zero i been watching it on netflik.Now i like the show's premise but man it's dialogue,is very heavy.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I won't lie...

Cyber City Oedo 808 is one of my favorites. Gogol's story was the coolest. You ever watch Iria before?

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Someone recommended this title to me - any thought as far as whether or not I should read the manga or watch the anime first?

I haven't read the manga 'cus I'm lazy, I'd rather just sit there and watch the anime :-J

I've heard the manga is better so may be worth giving that a read first if you've got time.

I'm watching Appleseed Alpha next :buttrock:

AppleseedBlog.jpg

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Someone recommended this title to me - any thought as far as whether or not I should read the manga or watch the anime first?
Either or is fine. The anime only goes up to volume 9 of the manga then finishes off with it's own story. The manga has a lot more to it in terms of story and characters. Definitely worth reading and watching.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It took me nearly a year but I finally finished off Fist of the North Star. The original series gets a rough start but is mostly awesome through the end. FOTNS2 really didn't need to exist.

I also watched DD Fist of the North Star. Holy shit, after watching the main series this is the funniest shit ever.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I've been watching Dog & Scissors recently and it has to be one of the funniest shows I've seen in quite some time. I highly recommend it.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
There is so much new anime on Netflix UK at the moment, I've been struggling to choose what to watch. I watched all of Knights of Sidonia, which was pretty good, although not spectacular. Now I'm watching Space Dandy which I'm absolutely loving, I don't think I have enjoyed an anime this much in a long time, it's just so much fun.

I've noticed that Attack on Titan is on Netflix now too, so I can finally see what all the hype is about.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
After finishing Psycho Pass 2 I really hope there isn't a third one. After such a great first season it's unbelievable how far it fell, it was such a chore to finish it and even seems like the studio realized how bad it was and pulled the show early.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
That sucks about Psycho Pass, I loved the first season and was waiting for the funimation release before I started watching the second.

I just finished Golden Time and Amagi Brilliant Park.

Golden Time was actually really good if your into that genre.

Amagi Brilliant Park, is pretty funny and I enjoyed watching it but ultimately it is forgettable.