Weather Alert - Midwest Member check in for the Twister/Storm Crew

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Just making sure our midwest members are OK - especially Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas.

Shit looks nuts, hope everyone's alright.

Twister%u00252BDorothy.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i left this morning for San Diego. just in time too

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Yeah, it's a real shame, I'd be soooper pissed losing my life to a tornado.

Absolutely NOT saying these people lost their lives to negligence, but seems like nobody gives a fuck when the tornado sirens go off here, or anywhere I've lived in Ohio. A lot of folks will watch out the windows or stand outside to watch, hell I'm guilty of it too.

Good to hear the KS and MO boys are alright....and Sage.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
sirens all night. AL got some touchdown up north. 100miles north of here.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Everything is fine in SW Oklahoma. Is something happening elsewhere?

DrScience

n00b
Tornadoes suck!
I'm thankful it didn't hit where I live but it was close, about half an hour away.
Coming from SoCal to this is crazy.
I can handle earthquakes. I'm even good at guessing where the epicenter is by just the feel of the ground shake/wave but for some
reason im not liking the idea of cyclonic wind ripping my house off its foundation.

BeefJerky

Foreman of Jewish Tunnels
20 Year Member
Tornadoes suck!
I'm thankful it didn't hit where I live but it was close, about half an hour away.
I can handle earthquakes. I'm even good at guessing where the epicenter is by just the feel of the ground shake/wave but for some
reason im not liking the idea of cyclonic wind ripping my house off its foundation.

Heh, trust me, I grew up in that part of the country, you never get used to tornadoes. I would take hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes and flying sharks over tornadoes any day of the week. "Naders" are just too unpredictable. I was even there for "the big one", April 2011, Alabama. I still get freaked when the wind picks up.

I hope all you guys in the midwest/south are all safe.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Wow moved to Southern California and apparently i miss the worst winter and tornado seasons in the past decade to hit the heartland. I pray everyone is okay. I was talking to a friend who lives in Mexico, MO a month ago and he missed driving in golfball sized hail by 10minutues.

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Tornadoes suck!

Yeah, it sucks, FWIW I've only ever seen one legit sky-to-earth funnel in 30 years, and we have touchdowns and damage here every year. Thankfully, I don't think we get the west-side great planes style Godzilla funnels.

I just heard them on the news "at least 35 lives claimed" from this bout - really sad.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
A lot of folks will watch out the windows or stand outside to watch, hell I'm guilty of it too.

There's only been a couple of tornados in my area... ever. The last one I recall was a warning in the 90s and we did the same thing. We go hang out in the basement but do the worst thing... look out the windows to see if we can see anything.