Universe Bios v2.2 released.

Mmm.. it's not a cheat but a fairly extensive P1 hack by someone.

That being said, Fatal Fury Special had a special character select screen accessed by turning on dip 1-5 that allows the use of Ryo. Fatal Fury 2 also has this special screen by turning on dip 1-4.
fatfury2_11.png

If FFS's normal character select screen can be expanded by memory poking, I'm pretty sure there's some memory address for FF2 too. And it'd be a lot more sexy than hacking that's for sure.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Clear Paper said:

That being said, Fatal Fury Special had a special character select screen accessed by turning on dip 1-5 that allows the use of Ryo. Fatal Fury 2 also has this special screen by turning on dip 1-4.
fatfury2_11.png

If FFS's normal character select screen can be expanded by memory poking, I'm pretty sure there's some memory address for FF2 too. And it'd be a lot more sexy than hacking that's for sure.

Yea I know about that one but Im quite sure getting the other one is not possible by patching RAM only.

Raz

puyo2_dash

n00b
Very Nice JOB.
Thanks.

Can I ask 4M(27c4096) type Files release?
Recently very hard to get 1M(1028) type eproms.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
puyo2_dash said:
Very Nice JOB.
Thanks.

Can I ask 4M(27c4096) type Files release?
Recently very hard to get 1M(1028) type eproms.

Simply join the image file to the end of itsself to make a 256k file, then join that to the end of itsself to make a 512k file. Then burn what you have.

Raz

vintage

Quiz Detective
re

Clear Paper said:
I can't get my eprom burner to work with the legacy drivers in winXP so I've yet to try it out, but just out of curiosity, does the Fatal Fury 2 cheat produce this screen?

fatfury2_01.png

wicked cheat wow

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I just ordered a new chip since I need another one for an additional pcb. I promise to let everyone know how IM works with it. Unfortunately, I have no real experience to compare it to.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
2.2 code time, this one needs a memory card on AES hardware to work but works on MVS without one....

Go to the ingame menu, Hilight soft reset, hold joystick down and hold B+D.

There could be more codes also round and about also ;)

Raz

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Raz,
Is it possible to unlock the CPU's generic fatalities in Samurai Shodown 3?
I've always noticed that SSIII & IV will not allow it.
-BB

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
Raz,
Is it possible to unlock the CPU's generic fatalities in Samurai Shodown 3?
I've always noticed that SSIII & IV will not allow it.
-BB

no idea sorry.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Clear Paper said:

Can you send me a copy of the P roms from that hack, I have a feeling I just might be able to let the unibios do that if the game is coded the right way.

Raz

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey Raz,

Sorry if this is already possible but, is there a way to increase your health for MOTW for both players, if not can you please consider this for 2.3?

My only complaint about MOTW is the health depletes so quickly if it was doubled then it would be better.

PM or post.

Thanks a bunch Raz,
James

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
So what your actually asking for is a cheat so hits do less damage? Its not possible to increase the ammount of health from the start because that would result in grx curuption on the energy bars.

Raz

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Razoola said:
So what your actually asking for is a cheat so hits do less damage? Its not possible to increase the ammount of health from the start because that would result in grx curuption on the energy bars.

Raz

Ya so if you cant increase health you can do the flipside by making the hits do less damage like you mentioned. Is it possible bios god?

Also I am playing MOTW via a Phantom if that changes anything.

Thanks Raz.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Ya so if you cant increase health you can do the flipside by making the hits do less damage like you mentioned. Is it possible bios god?

Also I am playing MOTW via a Phantom if that changes anything.

Thanks Raz.

It could be possible to to add a cheat so every hit only causes the energy bar to decrease by 1. I use a cheat like that already in a couple of the KOF games. That makes for a very long fight and can be fun in 2up mode. If I get time I'll see if I can find a cheat to do this in Garou.

Raz

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Razoola said:
It could be possible to to add a cheat so every hit only causes the energy bar to decrease by 1. I use a cheat like that already in a couple of the KOF games. That makes for a very long fight and can be fun in 2up mode. If I get time I'll see if I can find a cheat to do this in Garou.

Raz

You're awesome dude. Please find it, my brother and I love this game but its too damn short with the amount of damage even with the handicap all the way down.

I havent had time to test my unibios 2.2 but I did a piggyback socket and did a quick check and got the blue screen you mention with no game inserted.

Thanks Raz.

PS: Conan is coming to Finland.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
No word on IM yet?

I'll have some extra time this weekend so I'll give it a go.

Jeff

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
JMKurtz said:
No word on IM yet?

I'll have some extra time this weekend so I'll give it a go.

Jeff

still nothing.

Raz