Universe Bios v2.2 released.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
just give me a few minutes to update the homepage :)

Raz

WHATS NEW IN VERSION 2.2
----------------------------

Additions / Changes / Fixes

• The splash screen will no longer show twice or more (on multislots) after the backup memory is reset.
  • The memory card format option will no longer wipe the region stored in the memory card on AES hardware.
  • The arcade protect setting can now have either the testmode button pressed or HardDIP 1 on (force test mode) to get access back to the button Codes on the splash screen.
  • Made visual improvements to the main memory card manager menu.
  • Cleaned up screens and messages in the memory card manager, test mode and hardware test.
  • Changed the Cheat database storage slightly. It now takes less space in the Bios which is good thing as space was beginning to become quite tight.
  • Fixed the AES hardware test code (A+B+D) so it also works after the splash screen is drawn.
  • Fixed the hardware error message from disapeering on AES hardware as soon as the hardware test button code (A+B+D) was released.
Fixes (game related)
  • Fixed the AES version of 'King of Fighters 2003' from crashing after exiting the ingame menu (bug introduced in 2.1).
  • Fixed 'Andro Dunos' to start attract mode correctly on AES hardware.
  • Fixed 'Andro Dunos' 1up not being able to continue on the last credit in a two player game in console mode if started with 3 credits each.
  • Fixed Fight Fever to work correctly when freeplay is enabled (start was not responding).
  • Fixed garbage in 'Alpha Mission II' bonus rate SOFTDip setting on AES hardware.
  • Stopped SVC level select showing in a two player game when in arcade mode on AES hardware.
Cheats / CRC Database
  • Added cheat so that Irtating Maze is playable with 1up joystick (hold buttons B or C for different speeds). This cheat has not yet been tested on real hardware.
  • Added cheat allowing boss characters to show in AES mode with 'Art of Fighting 3'.
  • Added cheat to enable blood in 'Samurai Shodown 5 Special'.
  • Added cheats to play as bosses in 'Voltage Fighter'.
  • Added cheats so 1up can play as bosses in 'Fatal Fury 2', (can cause crashes).
  • Added cheats and crc info for 'Lansquenet 2004' hack.
  • Added cheats and crc info for 'King of Gladiators' hack.
  • Added crc info for 'The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus II'.
  • Added crc info for 'King of Fighters 10th Unique'.
  • Fixed the 'Sengoku 3' boss unlock cheat to add bosses into the mini character select (happens after continue) if the cheat was enabled after a game had started.
  • Fixed incorrectly labeled 2up autofire cheat in 'Metal Slug 2'.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Aw you're killin me Raz, I just got my 2.1 from you last week :confused: Oh well I guess I'll be sending it right back very soon lol

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
And this is why I own an eprom programmer. (Well, this and CPS2 phoenix mods)

It'll give me something to play with tomorrow.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Wow, irritating maze is playable with this version now? Under joystick input? Am I understanding correctly?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Moose said:
Wow, irritating maze is playable with this version now? Under joystick input? Am I understanding correctly?

Hopefully yes, not tested on real HW yet though

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
billd420 said:
Aw you're killin me Raz, I just got my 2.1 from you last week :confused: Oh well I guess I'll be sending it right back very soon lol

yea Im sorry about that but of course I'll upgrad it for you. You best off waiting a few weeks though just to be sure no major problems are found in this release that I missed.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
toodles said:
Did the 'theme' palette swaps make it into this revision?

could be hidden in there somewhere.... maybe..... :)

Raz

Fantastic! Now for some all-night Fight Fever action. But seriously, nice cheats for Fatal Fury 2 and Irritating Maze.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have to say the FF2 cheats are very buggy so its very common for bugs/errors after you win a fight with the bosses.

Hopefully somone can give me some feedback on if the IR maze joystick cheat works ok.

btw I also added another cheat to IR maze to play with a trackball, this _may_ allow the game to play on MVS or AES as long as you have the trackball wired p correctly. This cheat is very experimental.

Raz

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Awesome! I'll have to get my IM cart out and give this a try.

I stickied this thread for you too.

Jeff

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
JMKurtz said:
Awesome! I'll have to get my IM cart out and give this a try.

I stickied this thread for you too.

Jeff

Thanks for the sticky. Letme know how IR maze turns out. Also if you have acess to the trackball maybe we can see if that works also :)

Raz

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Razoola said:
Thanks for the sticky. Letme know how IR maze turns out. Also if you have acess to the trackball maybe we can see if that works also :)

Raz

Raz,

I can let you know today about IM. Should it work on the AES via the Phantom1 converter? If so, I'll give it a try now.....

Kpj

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Kpj said:
Raz,

I can let you know today about IM. Should it work on the AES via the Phantom1 converter? If so, I'll give it a try now.....

Kpj

I'm not sure but in theory it should. Remember you need to enable the joystick cheat before the joystick will start controlling the game.

Raz

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
hey Raz! wow, new cheats i can use! so i Just got a 2.1 from you, and i was wondering (i'm at work, that's why i ask) how much does it cost me to upgrade it? Thanks again in advance! :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
DarkHuman said:
hey Raz! wow, new cheats i can use! so i Just got a 2.1 from you, and i was wondering (i'm at work, that's why i ask) how much does it cost me to upgrade it? Thanks again in advance! :)

You simply need to send the chip back to me and 5 euros to cover the return shipping once its updated. There is info on the homepage about it.

Raz

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Good work as usual Raz :buttrock:

Don't think I'll upgrade yet though because I don't have any of the games that the fixes and new cheats are for :confused:

I like the sound of the new IM joystick cheat though. If it works I may have to hunt down a copy of IM.

Fatal Fury 2 cheats

I can't get my eprom burner to work with the legacy drivers in winXP so I've yet to try it out, but just out of curiosity, does the Fatal Fury 2 cheat produce this screen?

fatfury2_01.png

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Clear Paper said:
I can't get my eprom burner to work with the legacy drivers in winXP so I've yet to try it out, but just out of curiosity, does the Fatal Fury 2 cheat produce this screen?

fatfury2_01.png

No it does not. Its simply a simgle cheat for each character. Where did you get that cheat from to do that?

Raz