Unbelievable business practice

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
He does not charge the dreaded $10 at the door, anymore, but you have to become a 'free' member in order to buy stuff. What sane business owner charges potential customers at his business' door?!!

The guy is completely bonkers...

I thought that was a joke. Actually charging 10 at the door? Venue fee's to gawk at stuff you aren't allowed to buy? No thanks.

WTF? My brain is fried from this... G'night!

Last edited:

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I paid $700 each for mine. They're "new" astro cities and the monitors are pretty clean.

The cheapest he offered me at the time was $1200. I like his current ebay ad. Get all the metal slugs for the AES for the low price of $3,000,000!

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
So his parents are basically using him and his store as a tax write off. No way that place makes a damn dime of money.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
So his parents are basically using him and his store as a tax write off. No way that place makes a damn dime of money.

When you birth a lemon, you gotta make lemonade.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I get people wanting to check it out for first time. But, after the initial word has got out via: Internet devices why would anyone bother with this hole in the road that likes nothing but ego boost for himself?

Hell I'd burn that $10 in front of him before i gave it for his entry fee lol.

Last edited:

c0dehunter

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This week I am going there to see what he has for sale in his AES collection...heh heh.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Cosigned. I'll throw $20 in the pot for someone to strap on a GoPro and go into the store. Matching funds anyone?

in for another 10 on top.

I'll throw $20 in there for some top notch live on the scene reporting. Gotta be good though, give me that Nightcrawler emotion panning over the AES games, asking questions, etc.

That's $50 now... Make it happen!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Like most in the area on this site, I was excited to hear of a new indie/retro gaming store opening up. Shit, this could have made legit money if done right. He was stocking the right things... Very few brick and mortars even attempt stocking arcade cabs and boards. I never made it into the store. The initial congrats and good lucks turned to holy-shit-you're-nuts pretty quick.

Shame, really. It's not nearby or anything. It would be a heck of a drive, but I definitely would have supported this place, as would a lot of other people, if someone else was in charge.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I see. Just thought to point it out though...

You are late to the game. We have been ragging on Yosh for several years now. I can't count how many times he has relisted those silly auctions.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
lol yosh

he doesn't have those games, I tried to make an "appointment" to see them and all I got was some jive talk about a vault in Ventura County

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I'll throw $20 in there for some top notch live on the scene reporting. Gotta be good though, give me that Nightcrawler emotion panning over the AES games, asking questions, etc.

That's $50 now... Make it happen!

I like where this is going. Make it $60.

c0dehunter

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Update:
I was supposed to go there, and he arranged an "appointment" for me, but the last minute he called and said that his store is flooded with a pipe leakage! Is this guy going to make money and make a sale or not? I mean what sane business person turn down potential clients with silly excuses like these? The guy is bonkers...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Update:
I was supposed to go there, and he arranged an "appointment" for me, but the last minute he called and said that his store is flooded with a pipe leakage! Is this guy going to make money and make a sale or not? I mean what sane business person turn down potential clients with silly excuses like these? The guy is bonkers...

I'm still surprised you'd even made an appointment. You knew that, even if you saw the games (and, he actually had them), that he'd be asking 3-10X ebay prices.

If you're seriously interested in buying AES/MVS stuff, your best bet is to start going to video game conventions and/or buying them off ebay. We usually have good deals here, as well.

Jon

PS: People are laughing at you for taking this guy seriously.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Update:
josh is an insufferable faggot

Spoiler:
hi josh :keke:

thavarin

n00b
This thread cracks me up. I was just in that area in SoCal. Wish I got a chance to go visit just to see how bonkers he is! Hes getting alot of free advertising here on this thread.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Update:

Maybe he's reading this thread without signing in.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

I'm sure he is and getting all stiff too because somebody cares enough to talk about him - it's douchebag 101 procedure.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Moved to Market Faq...

He HAS to log in to see this now...:D

Keep it REAL lads...

xROTx

PS. I also have not discounted the possibility of a mole in our ranks... anyone caught doing this will have my foot up his arse...

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
PS. I also have not discounted the possibility of a mole in our ranks... anyone caught doing this will have my foot up his arse...

A mole for that pos, that would be pretty damn low.