Thimbleweed Park Limited Run Games

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Never tried to get anything on the day of release through them until today. I was trying to get the big box version of Thimbleweed Park for the Switch. This morning, as well as this afternoon, this version literally sold out in 1 minute. I think it was 3,000 copies available each time. By the time it was in my cart and I went to pay, it was Sold Out. This scenario happened both times today. Is this the norm for their website? Do they allow people to buy multiple copies? Just wondering. Was this title really that popular?

Phillip

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It's always the same with them.
Don't worry though, the game isn't all that great and you're not missing out.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I've tried a few times to buy things from them. I'm never able to.

It's probably about 90% scammers buying them to flip. They ought to just start reprinting everything to cut their legs off.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Ahhh. Ok. I know not to waste my time again. I was only picking it up because it reminded me of the old LucasArts point and click games. I’ll just download the digital version. I see what you guys mean about the flippers. It was $65 and they’re on eBay for $170+

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The sad part is people fall over each other for their stuff. It's insane. But to be honest it's really for collectards and not players. F LRG.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Depends on the game. Sometimes they can't get rid of them, but this was their first Switch release which brought a bunch of scalpers.
I'm still OK with LRG, but the bots run the show now for their Limited Limited Releases.

I'm a big fan of the game, and I was tempted to get it on switch. In the end, it would just be another shelf item. I've been good at not doing that lately.

Thimbleweed Park does an amazing job of feeling like a LucasArts game. The jokes are as good as the old Lucas games, which means they are not amazing.
It was the ending that felt kinda lame to me, but it goes along with that kind of game tho.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
If you just want the game to play you can still pre-order it. But yeah, if you wanted the 'tard edition it is gone.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Just preorder the regular edition if you really want a physical copy of this. Their LEs are horribly overpriced and pad their profit margins. Just look at the shit that came with it for an extra $30.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just preorder the regular edition if you really want a physical copy of this. Their LEs are horribly overpriced and pad their profit margins. Just look at the shit that came with it for an extra $30.

...but it came with a big box like from 25 years ago! Retro! And also other useless paper. Totally worth an extra $30!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This game is currently 50% off on the eshop. That's like 8 bucks in the US.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
To date the only one I bothered with was the Vita version of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, one because I love that game and two because I didn't want the entire game clogging up the limited space on my Vita's memory card. That's pretty much the only reason I would ever want to buy anything from them (oh and it came with a cool little map and I miss games coming with dumb little tchotchke's like that)

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Don't worry though, the game isn't all that great and you're not missing out.

It's true and we could agree it fits most things in life, but I can't shake the feeling that only flippers really get it, since they're only in it for the money.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Truth be told. If you’re just wanting the extras, just buy the pc LE they have listed for 40.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Truth be told. If you’re just wanting the extras, just buy the pc LE they have listed for 40.

You can get the PC boxed version off of Fangamer (they have excellent service and shipping, btw). I got it for Christmas and played the hell out of it before the New Year.
https://www.fangamer.com/collections/video-games

Fangamer also has Undertale for PS4/Vita/PC in both LE and standard editions. None of that Limited Run Games ordering hoop crap.

Last edited: