the Truth of God

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What really gets me is how religious idiots can deny evolution. How the hell can you deny something that has such ridiculous evidence. Worse, your counter claim is that we have to 'believe'. Why does believing make a person special in the eyes of any creator? Also, why should god care at all if god exists to begin with? I mean, I don't get why a god would make a world, then have this system where people have to believe, based on nothing, when its naturally human to want real proof and answers. We are basically living to defy our nature in that regard. Its a sick head game. Like a chinese finger trap with superglue inside.
Also, how the fuck is this 'god's love'. Its more of a punishment then anything, because it asks you to go along with a group of people and believe something so unbelievable.

We got lost in this 'believe' mentality, which just makes everyone secretly lie to themselves, because you can't just believe in things blindly without evidence. Why the heck would it be important to god if we believed? If god truly loved mankind, wouldn't he accept shortcomings regardless of belief?

I have beef with judaism and its covenant relationship also, after 6 million or so jews were brutally massacred in nazi germany.

I believe in a religion called 'IDONTKNOWISM'
Its basically, if something great exists, its so far beyond human intelligence, its pointless to try and assume it.

Assuming it creates destruction and division of mankind.

Simple.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I believe in a religion called 'IDONTKNOWISM'
Its basically, if something great exists, its so far beyond human intelligence, its pointless to try and assume it.

Actually that's the point of many religions as well. Just add obediance and a bit of fanatism to the mix, et voila.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
don't wanna get into a big debate here or nothing as I respect your right to believe anything you want, but If what 70% or more of the population believed in magical flying ponies and treated you like you were a lesser person due to your lack of belief in them, wouldn't you be a little vocal about it?

Segata_sanshiro could possibly post about it too much, I am honestly not sure, but I think one should understand why athiests might be vocal, for every ahtiest preaching there is probably a thousand thiests preaching, but nobody gets offended by all the thiests(or so they think).

I hear what you're saying. In my experience I've met my share of douchebag Christians. You want to know the truth, they did nothing to deserve what they have. From a purely Biblical perspective, God's forgiveness and grace can only be attained by the mercy he gave to us. Which is why I'm continually confused why many Christians out there walk around with a chip on their shoulder as if they've done something to deserve it.

In contrast, I don't think it's right to rail an entire religion/people/group because of the bad apples. There are those in Islam who would wish nothing but death and destruction on me because I don't believe in Allah. Yet you don't see me here posting up junk about them. I tend to just ignore them. I've got more important stuff to worry about than what someone else thinks.

I've got no problem with people preaching. Go for it. Though Segata's shtick is outright making fun of and/or putting down those who believe in God. There's stating an opinion, and being a tool about it. Segata is the latter.

So for my part as a Christian, sorry for the douches. Religion is kinda like a family. Some of your family is cool, but then there's family like Uncle Andy who's a real tool and always eats the last of the potato salad at every family reunion picnic.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
We can tell by Jedah's bearing of false witness that he's a cafeteria Christian - pick the parts that you like (e.g. justification of homophobic bigotry), ignore the rest.

I don't understand why you're getting all pissy and defensive. If these videos really aren't representative of your faith, you have nothing to worry about. I never said that I was attacking Christianity as a whole by posting some videos of a weirdo church

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This thread is 6,000 years old.

I just took a 6,000 year old shit. The log burst unto fire and spoke to me. It told me, in its infinite wisdom, "Forward AB. B. Quick projectile. Jumping C. Close B. Repeat."

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I for one don't believe in God. I hate religion but I've learned to cope with it. Most of my family is very religious and being a religious person doesn't necessarily make a person bad, dumb or misguided.

My biggest problem with God or religion is that God is supposed to be love right? Then were the fuck is the love? Why do these religions act this way, why so much hatred, bigotry and antagonism? I don't think Jesus was a bad guy, in fact, I like his stories and all the drama behind it all, but where is the forgiveness? Where is the love, people?

I remember when I wanted to burn churches...those were some crazy times, now I'm just content with ignoring what god represents to all these people.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
We can tell by Jedah's bearing of false witness that he's a cafeteria Christian - pick the parts that you like (e.g. justification of homophobic bigotry), ignore the rest.

I don't understand why you're getting all pissy and defensive. If these videos really aren't representative of your faith, you have nothing to worry about. I never said that I was attacking Christianity as a whole by posting some videos of a weirdo church

And now Segata is an expert on my personal beliefs. Eh, Segata is full of crap as normal. No reason for him to change now.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I for one don't believe in God. I hate religion but I've learned to cope with it. Most of my family is very religious and being a religious person doesn't necessarily make a person bad, dumb or misguided.

My biggest problem with God or religion is that God is supposed to be love right? Then were the fuck is the love? Why do these religions act this way, why so much hatred, bigotry and antagonism? I don't think Jesus was a bad guy, in fact, I like his stories and all the drama behind it all, but where is the forgiveness? Where is the love, people?

I remember when I wanted to burn churches...those were some crazy times, now I'm just content with ignoring what god represents to all these people.

That's the problem, you've had God's love presented to you as it's interpreted by a bunch of stuck up, self righteous, imperfect humans who twist the words of God. I agree with you 100% there. It should be about the love and forgiveness. Sadly that's not the case with some churches.

People are screwed up whether they are religious or not.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I just took a 6,000 year old shit. The log burst unto fire and spoke to me. It told me, in its infinite wisdom, "Forward AB. B. Quick projectile. Jumping C. Close B. Repeat."

great post or greatest post?

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
Religion is the yoke that subjugates humanity and slows it's progress. It's absolutely shameful that in this day and age, people believe in such nonsense and cultivate a hive mentality of us vs. them. Believers should be ashamed of themselves.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Religion is the yoke that subjugates humanity and slows it's progress. It's absolutely shameful that in this day and age, people believe in such nonsense and cultivate a hive mentality of us vs. them. Believers should be ashamed of themselves.

I always hear arguments like this. Progress to what?

Is fucking other men in the ass progress? Lying? Stealing? Killing?

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Everyone blames God...this is the Devil's work...he is good at being himself. If so called Christians read the Bible for themselves and stopped listening to man, they would know God doesn't fill people with Holy Spirit anymore...no one can heal the sick, but Satan can.

Healers are the equivalent to Circus side shows...

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner

Progress has nothing to do with fucking other men in the ass, lying, stealing, or killing. These things have precious little to do with religion. Think more big picture. There's a theme of keeping people distracted with trivialities (homosexuality for example) so they don't care to think about real questions that need answers. This theme is common in religion, government and any other body that seeks to control a population.

The progress I'm talking about is scientific progress. The quest to find answers to all the things that are now unknown to us. When so many people still believe in the fairy tale of religion, they do not thirst for real answers.

Change is inevitable. Religion explained the unexplainable so long ago, but man is beginning to realize that there are earthly answers rooted in science and fact to replace these claims by religion.

Generations from now, people will look back and laugh at our beliefs. Unfortunately, none of us will live to see that day.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
:eek:the people in the first video are so misguided it's not even funny...and the exorcism was just dumb...:scratch: you guys should have kept this thread light hearted :lol:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

It would be foolish to try to claim ignorance to religion's heavy hand toward science way back. People died if they opposed religious teachings with scientific facts, however it's only conjecture where we would be right now if science wasn't stifled as much as it was. I don't think believers should be ashamed of themselves; it has a theraputic effect in most people's lives.

It's when religious beliefs are used to support arguments toward certain decisions that I have a problem with it. Gay people can't get married? Why? Because God said so? The argument is so weak that it needs clarification to be sure the person arguing it isn't joking.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
How is this shit not criminal ?

Paying people to fake symptoms and claiming to cure it. Doing so purely to collect donations ?

How do all these preachers not get charged with fraud ?

Because there is no way to really prove someone is 'possessed', if they said they had cancer then it would be different. These jokers have been getting away with it for years.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
even when they get caught and exposed people continue to give them money, I seen a peter popoff commercial for miracle spring water that will save you from debt collectors just the other day.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Progress for scientific research, cures to life crippling diseases, quality of life.

And poopdicking.

The same science that hasn't figured out technology like, I don't know, the human brain? Technology that's been around as long as we have. After hundreds of years of modern science, we know as much about the human brain as a prepubescent girl knows what "muff diving" means. Add to that we're still up a creek without a paddle when it comes to Cancer and other such terminal diseases. I'll admit science has done some great stuff, but we're still clueless about a million other things. Ring me when science has figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Then I'll be impressed.

Would have loved to seen someone liked you in ancient Greece. "No, the Sun revolves around the Earth. It's the truth as we humans perceive it so it must be true!"

And while I'm at it, all the complaints you've lodged against religion can be thrown right back at science. Greed, lies, deceit, death, and all sorts of terrible things can be attributed to science. So is science evil or bad? Of course not. Just like religion, humans have taken the knowledge science has provided and used it for both good and bad.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My problem with religion, god and whatever else is attached to it is the number one commandment.

Love god above all else.

WTF? Why? I don't want to love god over my family or over myself, I just don't see what that has anything to do with being a good decent person. Is like being a boyscout ain't enough, now you gotta suck it up to god to the max to make it to the pearly gates.

To deny the impact religion has had on society as a whole be it progress of any nature would be preposterous if not ignorant. There's a reason the time when the church was running the show was called the dark ages.

God might be all nicey nice, but mankind and their lust for power isn't and unfortunate as it is, religion and power go hand in hand. I'm not talking about granny, I'm not talking about devoted families, I'm talking the head of worship state, the real deal.

Is hard to measure if religion has done more harm than good, I could t be certain, it is for sure that countless masses of common folk would be lost without it and in turn a whole lot of people wouldn't have died if it wasn't for it. So I dunno, it's hard to be an impartial judge to such thing when there's nothing equal about humanity yet we're all supposed to be the same under the eyes of god.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
The same science that hasn't figured out technology like, I don't know, the human brain? Technology that's been around as long as we have. After hundreds of years of modern science, we know as much about the human brain as a prepubescent girl knows what "muff diving" means. Add to that we're still up a creek without a paddle when it comes to Cancer and other such terminal diseases. I'll admit science has done some great stuff, but we're still clueless about a million other things. Ring me when science has figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Then I'll be impressed.

Would have loved to seen someone liked you in ancient Greece. "No, the Sun revolves around the Earth. It's the truth as we humans perceive it so it must be true!"

And while I'm at it, all the complaints you've lodged against religion can be thrown right back at science. Greed, lies, deceit, death, and all sorts of terrible things can be attributed to science. So is science evil or bad? Of course not. Just like religion, humans have taken the knowledge science has provided and used it for both good and bad.

I went through a few responses I thought about typing out, but having a debate with someone who is questioning the merits of science is pretty pointless. So all I have for you is:

A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

http://www.tootsie.com/gal_machine.php

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember when the church was at its heigh of power. It was called The Dark Ages.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I went through a few responses I thought about typing out, but having a debate with someone who is questioning the merits of science is pretty pointless. So all I have for you is:

A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

http://www.tootsie.com/gal_machine.php

Read my post once more. Never once did I question the merit of science nor did I call it bad. I merely made a comparison between what human's have done in the name of God and in the name of science. Humans that have twisted what could have been used for good and used it for bad. Simple as that.