The Debate

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If Wallace was going to be partisan, it wouldn't be against the right. He's a Fox News anchor, ffs.

A lot of them accuse him of being a Trojan Horse because he doesn't 100% comply with Fox News' ethos.

In my opinion, more often than not, he does legit journalism.

People are saying that he protected Biden and never pushed back against any of the positions that the left have been accused of espousing (antifa, riots, critical race theory, etc.)

I think that's a tough spot for Wallace to be in. Ad a reporter for Fox News, if he starts doing that, then all of a sudden the debate immediately gets delegitimized by the majority of the news outlets for being too partisan.

As far as I'm concerned, Wallace was giving Trump every opportunity to crush the debate with poise and conviction. Instead, Trump just tried to steamroll Biden and get under his skin, rather than clearly and unequivocally state his case.

How lost did he look when he was like 'gimme a name, gimme a name'.

Uh...white supremacy is white supremacy. Why do you need to single out a name? And why does Biden have to do you the favor of naming a group for you? You're the fucking president.

Wallace didn't push on Biden because it would have just made Fox News look as bad as everyone says it is. Pushing back on the president was a favor to Trump. It was an opportunity to absolutely dominate the debate.

Instead, I just want my two hours back. Maybe it can be a part of the next stimulus package.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fox generally does a better job with hosting debates than the others. Wallace did the best he could under the circumstances. Perhaps a Zoom type of debate would be better. Let them talk uninterrupted at least with some limited back and forth.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
His face is amazing. I feel like I am spellbound by how unchanging and stonewalled it is.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
His face is amazing. I feel like I am spellbound by how unchanging and stonewalled it is.

Between Harris overplaying her incredulous face and Stoneface Jackass, I think we can combine them into a single politician who is of an average amount of emotion that might be able to related to a normal American.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
LMBO it's still there! wtf WTF

edit: it flew off but it seriously stayed there without moving for 3 minutes. Now I want to know his shampoo.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
And there it is, no face mask. Probably the most powerful statement of the night came from his wife.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Pence got that pank eye.

conjunctivitis is one of the primary signs of covid onset.

>_>

<_<

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Pence got that pank eye.

conjunctivitis is one of the primary signs of covid onset.

>_>

<_<

pence-700x350.jpg

I thought something looked off.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Best part was when the moderator asked about the repealing of obamacare and what specifically they planned to do about prexisting injuries. Pence just flat out ignored the question and went off on some 'court packing' tangent. Slimy little shit wouldn't even attempt to answer it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pence is a lizard person. Almost makes Trump seem relatable.

Harris is a typical DNC shapeshifter. Can't trust a word either of these people say.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you noticed, Pence's eye really started bugging out when he was asked a question meant to provoke an emotional response.

Mike pence isn't a republican.
Mike pence is a replicant.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you noticed, Pence's eye really started bugging out when he was asked a question meant to provoke an emotional response.

Mike pence isn't a republican.
Mike pence is a replicant.

someone needs to edit him into the voight kampff scene

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Harris clearly won the debate but not by much.

I was slightly disappointed in her. I thought she was going to totally run circles around him and slap him in the face every-time she was in front of him. I just base that on her background and past performance in debates and senate hearings.

She obviously practiced because her responses were almost all perfectly within the time limits. Pence would ramble on and interrupt. She also missed several clear setups for a KO.

I'm disturbed by Pences lying these days. He used to tell typical politician lies, you know you lead with a disclaimer or qualifier and then say a falsehood but those might actually become true or at least partially so. These last few months (at least) though he's just been flat out lying.

He's done an amazing job insulating himself from these daily scandals the president goes through though.

Guess I'm just saying you're a pretty shitty "Christian" if you go around lying to your fellow countrymen, your flock, the people you lead ....whatever

Somehow Trump seems to have found them all.

Also there's some controversy surrounding these debates over the last few cycles about the moderators giving out the questions in advance but I was listening to preshow discussions and it seems both parties basically released what they planned on having as main talking points and how they planned on directing the conversation. Not really that much different I guess, it did help to make a more chivalrous proper event though.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I don't see it making any impact. The admin's various Hail Mary moves are going to erase the debate in a few hours.

Any thoughts on why Harris and Biden don't point out that "court packing" is in the hands of congress? Their current responses don't feel great. I mean, my impression is that Biden doesn't really have the stomach for it but wants the possibility of avenging Garland to remain a motivator for the base.

Anyway, we should have 25 Justices and they should die constantly.