The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I made it 30 seconds until I had to turn it off. My girlfriend continuously pushes me into doing videos like him but even I have my limits. Who watches this shit?

If you made a video, we'd watch it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Sage you should do a video with your father in law. What trait in man turn on Chinese dads.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I still want to know what the whole voyeurism shower thing is about and does wart size matter?

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I wonder how many COVID infections/fatalities will occur from these protests.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
I wonder how many COVID infections/fatalities will occur from these protests.

It's just now being reported that George Floyd tested positive for the virus as far back as April 3rd, and the autopsy on May 25th declared that he still had it. That's indicating a far longer infection period than the general public's been told though it is possible that the tests are only picking up dead/inactive virus residue post recovery-period. Months ago I'd heard of patients in China who couldn't seem to rid themselves of it at all which could have been attributed to faulty/contaminated test kits but who knows?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's just now being reported that George Floyd tested positive for the virus as far back as April 3rd, and the autopsy on May 25th declared that he still had it. That's indicating a far longer infection period than the general public's been told though it is possible that the tests are only picking up dead/inactive virus residue post recovery-period. Months ago I'd heard of patients in China who couldn't seem to rid themselves of it at all which could have been attributed to faulty/contaminated test kits but who knows?

I often wonder, what will happen to the people who have it but are asymptomatic? Will they always have it? If so, will they be put in a Typhoid Mary situation (locked up forever until dead)?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I know here in MA, you don't have a second test after your 14 day quarentine if you test positive. Some folks will continue to test positive, however they're supposedly not contagious after 14 days of having the virus. This is totally different from the IGg test , which they haven't determined if those antibodies fade away.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I'm not gonna sign up to read that article, but the headline says incubation period and I'm talking about the contagious/infectious period. Two different things.

I didn't sign up for it. Just disable javascript and you can read it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I didn't sign up for it. Just disable javascript and you can read it.

Ok I did that. That article is about the incubation period, which is the time from which you come in contact with a case to when (if) you develop symptoms. Contacts to a case are quarentined for 14 days but may test positive after that, though it's uncommon. What I was answering was Sages question about people always testing positive, which does happen. When you get a positive test in MA, they quarentine you for 14 days from the onset of symptoms (positive test in non symptomatic cases) and don't give you a second test in order to come off quarentine. They did this because some cases were testing positive even after months in other states. MA DPH stated numerous times that even if you test positive after this 14 day period, you are no longer shedding the virus, thus you are no longer contagious.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
dow jones drops most since march, on fears of second wave happening.

politically, we know that one guy's base is going to blame this on protestors, who, in his opinion should have stayed home.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
dow jones drops most since march, on fears of second wave happening.

politically, we know that one guy's base is going to blame this on protestors, who, in his opinion should have stayed home.

Screw the pandemic, the market was overvalued before it hit. I'm still waiting on somebody to name some sectors that were killing it proir.Now sprinkle in a bunch of 1930's depression era numbers and...it kept still going up. Was just at record highs. Why? Well maybe in six months things will be back to normal. Used to be if Sears or Microsoft missed earnings by a dime the market crashed for a few days. Now 65% of companies miss earnings and it still goes up.

No traders and investors have been running around with greed chubs at the possibility of unlimited profits since this administration has gotten rid of oversight, consumer and environmental protections and defanged the IRS letting the rich pay whatever they feel like.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
They were hoping that enough money would be pumped into the system to tide things over and not miss a beat from February levels.

I saw one analyst op-ed suggest that FOMO took over in the last month because people realized you can't fight the Fed and unlimited cheap money.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the realization that the Fed is only delaying, not preventing, the inevitable downturn. You can't put that many people out of work, collapse demand, and come out of it unscathed.

I was waiting for 15,000 in March to put some set aside money in, in retrospect, 18,000 should have been good enough, but I still think there is a chance we get there.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The director of nursing quit, turned in his keys, and walked away from the job this morning. That's . . . troubling. I imagine he was under an incredible amount of stress, but, still. All of the employees and residents, including myself, got tested for Covid-19 again on Tuesday, and those results were supposed to be in yesterday/today, and I've heard nothing, so, I'm left to wonder if more came back positive and he couldn't deal with that?

yo bro you still hanging around

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
They were hoping that enough money would be pumped into the system to tide things over and not miss a beat from February levels.

I saw one analyst op-ed suggest that FOMO took over in the last month because people realized you can't fight the Fed and unlimited cheap money.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the realization that the Fed is only delaying, not preventing, the inevitable downturn. You can't put that many people out of work, collapse demand, and come out of it unscathed.

I was waiting for 15,000 in March to put some set aside money in, in retrospect, 18,000 should have been good enough, but I still think there is a chance we get there.

I don’t see how you get to those levels. Your government has shown they will do whatever it takes to stave off a prolonged downturn already. The only way it goes back down now is if there is a second wave. Some jitters this week (a lot of it just profit taking) I reckon the Dow will be above 30,000 by early next year, vaccine or not, welcome to the paradigm. People need to look at this from the perspective of post 911 not the 30’s depression.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I don’t see how you get to those levels. Your government has shown they will do whatever it takes to stave off a prolonged downturn already. The only way it goes back down now is if there is a second wave. Some jitters this week (a lot of it just profit taking) I reckon the Dow will be above 30,000 by early next year, vaccine or not, welcome to the paradigm. People need to look at this from the perspective of post 911 not the 30’s depression.

Well, I fully expect a second wave, low levels through the summer, ramping up again the fall, especially if restrictions continue to loosen and they are as effective at getting people back outside as they were about keeping them inside.

And I don't really think a vaccine is coming, at least not under 2 years. More effective therapies maybe.

But we will see I guess. Got the expected rebound bounce today, next week will show if yesterday was just a spook or not.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
With thousands protesting here in the US, I don't see a second wave coming, I see the initial wave rebounding like a mother fucker.

Numbers are starting to explode here in TX. Things are opening back up and people have tossed social distancing and masks out the window. Everyone is acting like there isn't a pandemic.

I'm not sure where is headed, but I fucking miss going out to restaurants.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, I fully expect a second wave, low levels through the summer, ramping up again the fall, especially if restrictions continue to loosen and they are as effective at getting people back outside as they were about keeping them inside.

And I don't really think a vaccine is coming, at least not under 2 years. More effective therapies maybe.

But we will see I guess. Got the expected rebound bounce today, next week will show if yesterday was just a spook or not.

Is it a rebound or a dead cat bounce?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's a mixed bag here, some people are keeping distance and others couldn't give a shit. Especially since June 1st when restrictions were relaxed. Now there's BLM protests and one of the protesters has reportedly tested positive. Sigh...