The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Marek

Banned
Damn its boring without this guy

We need RAZO to start again, liven this show up!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Michigan protesters who want to 'get vivid and kill everyone' were called fascist for sporting swastikas. They were calling the governor a Nazi..no spin from the main there. Tell me when again people didn't die especially if you well there's a nurse talking about that and recovering in a nursing home?? Sweden's the new model and the who's site recommends 3 feet distance from someone coughing or sneezing. Keep those old folks getting infected while everyone else gets a weaker immune system though makes sense if your goal?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Damn its boring without this guy

We need RAZO to start again, liven this show up!

Agreed.

I think I'll stick my neck on the line to liven things up again.

I reckon it's high time the lockdown ended. We are definitely moving into cure worse than the disease territory now, the number of people (often the youngest) worldwide that are going to die from the incoming financial abyss half of the world is going to find itself in will far outweigh the deaths (primarily the elderly) that the covaids will cause.

There's talk of Sweden hitting the initially talked about, then ridiculed, and now being looked at again 'herd immunity' by the end of this month, and at what cost? Restaurants are open, bars are open, people are working, their numbers are no worse than most of the developed world.

We are looking at this extremely short term, long term I doubt we will be looking back at the strictest lockdown nations in the same back slapping light as we are now.

P.s. talk of a second lockdown is sheer lunacy. The idea that businesses can in any way return to 'normal' with the threat of a second lockdown somewhere close is asinine.

The best cure for any disease humanity has ever found is money, and that's exactly what we're throwing away right now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Agreed.

I reckon it's high time the lockdown ended. We are definitely moving into cure worse than the disease territory now, the number of people (often the youngest) worldwide that are going to die from the incoming financial abyss half of the world is going to find itself in will far outweigh the deaths (primarily the elderly) that the covaids will cause.

There's talk of Sweden hitting the initially talked about, then ridiculed, and now being looked at again 'herd immunity' by the end of this month, and at what cost? Restaurants are open, bars are open, people are working, their numbers are no worse than most of the developed world.

We are looking at this extremely short term, long term I doubt we will be looking back at the strictest lockdown nations in the same back slapping light as we are now.

P.s. talk of a second lockdown is sheer lunacy. The idea that businesses can in any way return to 'normal' with the threat of a second lockdown somewhere close is asinine.

The best cure for any disease humanity has ever found is money, and that's exactly what we're throwing away right now.

One thing to consider is fear. Places are open, but no one is shopping because of the fear of dying. Restaurants and retail shops aren't doing so hot here still, imo.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
One thing to consider is fear. Places are open, but no one is shopping because of the fear of dying. Restaurants and retail shops aren't doing so hot here still, imo.

Not a problem here. Everywhere that remained open has been packed during "lockdown". If anything, the lockdown is concentrating people into grocery stores and home improvement places. Areas with low to low-ish population density should have been left to their own devices, with recommended precautions.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not a problem here. Everywhere that remained open has been packed during "lockdown". If anything, the lockdown is concentrating people into grocery stores and home improvement places. Areas with low to low-ish population density should have been left to their own devices, with recommended precautions.
Home Depot is the most happening place in america. May want to buy stock.

Marek

Banned
Agreed.

Well I certainly dont have much to nitpick with what you wrote there.

The only thoughts I have are that not every place really needs to do the exact same thing. I live in an incredibly rural setting and we should be allowed to resume regular activity by and large since we have the lowest population density in the USA. When I look around, the people wearing masks look like obviously vulnerable people, obese, super old, etc. I wear mine in the store out of respect, but most clerks arent using them and just relying on a piece of plexiglass.

Also the Swedish response in interesting, but bear in mind that A) Swedish people are famously healthy and fit, B) Stockholm is their largest city topping out at 1.5 million including the suburbs. For contrast, Brooklyn alone is 2.5 million people.

Since the Swedes dont really have a situation where people are living on top of one amother like NYC or Beijing etc, its incorrect to say that their approach is the best across the board. NYC had makeshift hostpitals and mass graves out of necessity at that wasn't even as bad as it could have got.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Home Depot is the most happening place in america. May want to buy stock.

LOL, not a bad idea. I just went to pick up a couple of things and it was slammed.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sure is. I went and bought a grill to cheer myself up.

What kind?

Friend of mine bought a kamado joe grill. It’s like the big green egg but without all the upselling.

Personally I’m an infrared propane grill guy. No muss, no fuss. Taste the meat, not the heat.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For grilling, my go to is chicken thigh, boneless skinless (skin is good, but if you want boneless here you get skinless too). Marinate overnight in onions, lemon juice, and turmeric. Grill it each side about 6-7 minutes.

Marek

Banned
What kind?

Friend of mine bought a kamado joe grill. It’s like the big green egg but without all the upselling.

Personally I’m an infrared propane grill guy. No muss, no fuss. Taste the meat, not the heat.

For grilling, my go to is chicken thigh, boneless skinless (skin is good, but if you want boneless here you get skinless too). Marinate overnight in onions, lemon juice, and turmeric. Grill it each side about 6-7 minutes.

I just got a basic Weber Spirit. I also had to buy some cordless makita gear and was pretty thrilled to get out of there spending less than 1k.

I dont trust people that dont like dark meat. White meat chicken like drinking skim milk.

I mostly grill steak and vegetables. Burgers and brats with the lads. Theres a fine dining group around here that staryed making sausages to sell at the markets. They make a cracked pepper and blue cheese sausage which is slap your mother good.

I'll try that chicken recipe

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Steak is a pretty broad term. May as well just say meat at that point.

I am fan of ribeye when I want to splurge on the cost. Otherwise, I still to a lot of flank and skirt steaks. I am probably killing myself on the red meat but my bloodwork is exceptional so far. Yolo.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I just got a woot deal on a Fuego.

Does the trick, at a nice price.

On the subject of thighs...instapot fricassee is the joint, with them.

IMG_7734.jpg

Marek

Banned
Steak is a pretty broad term. May as well just say meat at that point.

I am fan of ribeye when I want to splurge on the cost. Otherwise, I still to a lot of flank and skirt steaks. I am probably killing myself on the red meat but my bloodwork is exceptional so far. Yolo.

Ive pretty much just done ribeye and strip on the grill.

Mostly because the first month of quarantine was all various pot roast type cuts in my crock pot of sadness and idgaf about food cost currently. Mental health is more important and ribeye makes me smile.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I cracked up, after I built it.

A meat shaped meat cooker for sure.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet

That's not too controversial at this point. Just mandate masks/distancing and let things open back up again... We're all meeting up masked at the grocery stores/Walmart/etc. anyway... The issue is many small non-essential businesses won't be able to take another month of this minus the ones that were TKO'ed already...

Do we really need to buy another month for summer sun/heat ? Preferable, sure, but the destruction continues. I also assume the mask mandates will stay in place for many months going forward (they went into effect here in Illinois on May 1st). Anyway, as I said before I'd really hate to be a governor right now...

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Well, if they say heat and UV helps against COVID-19, I'm in the right spot for it. 105 on Wednesday and 108 on Thursday for Phoenix.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Blah blah

Where’s your family home, mate?

Curious in case Europe hits that second wave and a lot of house is sold for peanuts.

I always assumed I was one of the few here who hadn't been snipped.

That may not translate.

I'm afraid my house will be in huge demand if the second wave hits, we've recently gone off grid. I have extensive solar panelling to maintain optimum temperature and humidity in my statue storage rooms (think comicbook terracotta army) plus I get to see my families shit sucked up and taken away in a tanker on a weekly basis.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I always assumed I was one of the few here who hadn't been snipped.

That may not translate.

I'm afraid my house will be in huge demand if the second wave hits, we've recently gone off grid. I have extensive solar panelling to maintain optimum temperature and humidity in my statue storage rooms (think comicbook terracotta army) plus I get to see my families shit sucked up and taken away in a tanker on a weekly basis.

Septic cleanup will be one of the first luxuries to go.