The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm thinking about selling some of my MVS carts.
What are you guys using as price guides?

I've been looking at PriceCharting and and taking the averages of sold ebay listings.

Anything else to consider?

If I sell, I'll bring them to these forums first.

Below are some of the games I'm thinking of selling:
View attachment 64413

Zed please

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I looked at pricecharting, ebay.com, ebay.ca. Prices vary. I also tried www.suruga-ya.com but it wasn't much help here.
Price charting had the most data and it doesn't consider condition. The good and the bad are mixed together in the average.

MVS is a lot more work than pricing Nintendo and Sega games.

How do these prices look?

Prices in USD
Galaxy Fight - $190 (Repro Label)
Captain Tomaday - $240 (Holo Label)
Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash - $225
Andro Dunos - $250 (Repro Label)
Waku Waku 7 - $250 (Repro Label)
Prehistoric Isle 2 - $300
Sengoku 3 - $350
Zupapa - $325 (Repro Label)
Rage of the Dragons - $375
Nightmare in the Dark - $600

All of the carts have the typical and very noticeable scuffs and scratches. And each cart has a shock box and insert that will be include (but that may increase shipping).

neo-geo-mvs-10-carts-galazy-fight.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
eBay is not how you judge the value of things.

If you want to get ebay prices, knock yourself out but you're gonna need to go to ebay and deal with all of the bullshit that goes along with that. Those prices are comically high because of speculators and morons who don't understand the value of things plus all of the various fees that are incurred when you sell there. You may find the occasional rube who will buy stuff at those prices outside of eBay but you're doing the hobby a disservice by artificially inflating the value of things and most people will not want to deal with you or will intentionally troll you with lowball offers and light-to-moderate ribbing. Heavy ribbing if it's here.

If you're interested in selling on private forums/Facebook groups, you're gonna want to knock off 25-30% minimum.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm thinking about selling some of my MVS carts.
What are you guys using as price guides?

I've been looking at PriceCharting and and taking the averages of sold ebay listings.

Anything else to consider?

If I sell, I'll bring them to these forums first.

Below are some of the games I'm thinking of selling:
View attachment 64413
Love Andro Dunos! Catchy OST especially with stages 5 and 6. Alpha Mission II another goodie!

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, don't you just love it when a seller does the "I know what I have" shtick? but people do swear to ebay. I got into an argument over the phone with a guy over a umk3 board last summer posting the sold listing of said board. He wouldn't take many offers outside of a $10 discount or so. Don't get me started on the Killer Instinct boards a few months back as well.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This was a 300 € game for ages. Last sold on Ebay for 500 € in Italy and you actually want more. $600 are 550 € at the moment. Not checking the other games but you should probably just fuck off to Ebay.
Do I want more? Or am I here asking the neo community for advice?

None of these games will be going to ebay.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Peeps gave you solid advice but you didn't listen. You won't sell here for higher prices than on Ebay. So fuck off when you're still way off.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Calm down chaps - he's not even put them up for sale yet, just canvassing opinion. I don't think anyone in their right mind would try and ask prices equal to or greater than eBay on here, why would you when you could go straight to eBay?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not buying anyway but you are interested. He only posts in the recent purchase thread or sells stuff anyway.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Not buying anyway but you are interested. He only posts in the recent purchase thread or sells stuff anyway.
TheSegaDude is good peeps and is going about this in the right way. Not sure why the jimmies are getting rustled here.

My 2 cents, those prices are high especially for repro labels. 75% off those prices listed seems like a decent starting point. More uncommon titles like Nightmare and Zupapa may move at higher prices but you'll probably need to adjust further for less desirable common titles (Kabuki, Galaxy)

Try looking up some sales posts on the forum here or elsewheres (Facebook, despite being a toxic place, has a pretty active Neo community with sales posts).

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Jumping into this thread again to say that, yeah, pricing MVS is harder than I thought right now. Really not many active sales threads on the forums these days and eBay prices have gone stupid. I think like anything, condition is going to matter the most. Plus eBay will happily swindle many %% off your sales so adjust accordingly.

What's the deal? Is everyone hoarding their cart stash these days or what?

starscream615

, m(o)(o)bs, they're awesome.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Trying to raise some money for some family and realized I hadn't been here for a while. That being said, I'm trying to get an idea on what a good price is for a Nightmare in the Dark kit. I bought it 15 or so years ago and it's all original. I haven't seen a kit on eBay or here in a while so if someone could give me a ball park I would appreciate it.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Trying to raise some money for some family and realized I hadn't been here for a while. That being said, I'm trying to get an idea on what a good price is for a Nightmare in the Dark kit. I bought it 15 or so years ago and it's all original. I haven't seen a kit on eBay or here in a while so if someone could give me a ball park I would appreciate it.
I very recently sold a Nightmare in the Dark (cart only) for $420 USD here on the neo forums. Your full kit will be worth more.

https://neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-10-neo-geo-mvs-carts.269792/

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

starscream615

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
shut your dirty whore mouth! I'm trying to low-ball him, he doesn't know what he has...
Obviously if I'm here I at least have an idea of what I've got. I used to be into the scene until I acquired all the games I wanted but this one just sat on my shelf in its box with all its stickers and such. I can't find any record of a kit selling other than when I bought it so that's why I'm asking here. I may just post it on eBay for some astronomical price while taking offers to see what comes of it. That being said, I would not mind selling it to someone here that's reputable and will love it like a father should.

Side question - What's the best way to get a pic of the boards without messing up the label?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Obviously if I'm here I at least have an idea of what I've got. I used to be into the scene until I acquired all the games I wanted but this one just sat on my shelf in its box with all its stickers and such. I can't find any record of a kit selling other than when I bought it so that's why I'm asking here. I may just post it on eBay for some astronomical price while taking offers to see what comes of it. That being said, I would not mind selling it to someone here that's reputable and will love it like a father should.

Side question - What's the best way to get a pic of the boards without messing up the label?
open it up but not all the way to crease the label, you should be able to slide the the boards out one at a time.

Is this a US or JP copy?

starscream615

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
open it up but not all the way to crease the label, you should be able to slide the the boards out one at a time.

Is this a US or JP copy?
It's a US copy. I've got to grab a ladder to get it down and absurdly high Ikea shelf that's it's been sitting on for a few years to get pics though. I wary to sell it on eBay for fear of having a buyer scam me though so I haven't really rushed to do it. It's got the kit box and if I recall correctly the label and serial on the box match the cart. I threw my back out so I haven't lugged the thing upstairs yet but was just getting an idea if it would even be worth it to. I assume it's pretty rare since I can't find any record of one like this selling.

Are interest gauging posts allowed in the selling threads these days?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not been collecting neo for a long time but still have some items i may sell anybody know the price for a full set of neo pocket games all English and in mint condition or the price of the games if i split the collection thanks.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

The kit is easily worth $800+

If you have a complete kit with matching serials and the label is legit, there should be no real need to open the cart. Its legit, nobody bootlegs entire MVS kits like $20,000 AES games. Especially not 15 years ago. No need to put the label at risk, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Your best bet is to list it on eBay for a 7day auction starting at $0.99. Every time I've done this I've always gotten WAY more than I'd have sold it for to begin with. Granted you'll loose ~15% to fees.