The all new 'What's it worth' thread

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Been looking to get an AES for a wee while now and found someone asking £250ish for a boxed Jap AES (complete, good/fair box, cracked ball on controller) with Nam 1975 (Eng, complete, censored) and Fatal Fury Special (Jap, complete). What do you guys think about the price tag and how much should i haggle?

Obviously anything is worth what your willing to pay but would like to know what ya'll consider a fair price.

Seems like a good price to me too, as long as they don't try to fuck you on postage. Better still if it's a local pick up.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Seems like a good price to me too, as long as they don't try to fuck you on postage. Better still if it's a local pick up.
Yeah that's a decent deal seen one boxed late revision jap aes with 1 stick, & sam spirits 1 sell for 」230 on ebay a few weeks ago he wanted 」20 P&P As well

Shin Tin

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I thought that was an alright price but its postage and paypal fee's that will add about £20 onto the asking price so going to have to haggle him down a wee bit. Just wanted to ask you guys as it's hard to gauge whats a good price is with the infrequency of ebay AES auctions and the piss takery of BIN prices.

I want to get Thrash Rally soon as well. Saw one complete (in poor-ish condition) sell for about £65ish today in ebay (France). Is that a good or bad price?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Yeah I thought that was an alright price but its postage and paypal fee's that will add about £20 onto the asking price so going to have to haggle him down a wee bit. Just wanted to ask you guys as it's hard to gauge whats a good price is with the infrequency of ebay AES auctions and the piss takery of BIN prices.

I want to get Thrash Rally soon as well. Saw one complete (in poor-ish condition) sell for about £65ish today in ebay (France). Is that a good or bad price?

65 pounds for a thrashed Trash Rally? Yea that's waaaaaayyyyy too much. I only paid 65 USD shipped for mine, and it's it great condition.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If that includes shipping it's not terrible. I picked up mine for about 215 4 months ago.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't want to be that guy, but how much would you pay for a Twinkle Star Sprite Kit (all matching serials, everything is complete, box isn't beat up, cartridge is decent)?

I asked here before, but a member mentioned that I could charge any price for the game.

I would rather have people PM me for price, because I'm serious about price OBO for it. I would rather see it go to a great home, and be appreciated by another gamer, rather than just sit.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I don't want to be that guy, but how much would you pay for a Twinkle Star Sprite Kit (all matching serials, everything is complete, box isn't beat up, cartridge is decent)?

I asked here before, but a member mentioned that I could charge any price for the game.

I would rather have people PM me for price, because I'm serious about price OBO for it. I would rather see it go to a great home, and be appreciated by another gamer, rather than just sit.

Hey man, I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on here would pay more than around $500 for a TSS kit unless everything was in NOS condition. I can see paying a $100 premium over a loose cart for a desirable title in kit form. Any more than that is unjustifiable from a sane perspective ;)

Your best bet is to put it on eBay auction for 99 cents and let it go. Hell, you might get $1000+

Do a nice listing with a detailed description with lots of high def close ups since this hobby has been overrun by niggerfaggots who will complain about the slightest imperfection.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey man, I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on here would pay more than around $500 for a TSS kit unless everything was in NOS condition. I can see paying a $100 premium over a loose cart for a desirable title in kit form. Any more than that is unjustifiable from a sane perspective ;)

Your best bet is to put it on eBay auction for 99 cents and let it go. Hell, you might get $1000+

Do a nice listing with a detailed description with lots of high def close ups since this hobby has been overrun by niggerfaggots who will complain about the slightest imperfection.

I mean, I had CDamm and Vanilla Thunder personally see the TSS kit. They know what I have as well as another member at Too Many Games.

I remember you saying this to me a while back, but I kind of wanted it to go to a dedicated member. I'll wait a week or so for any interest. Otherwise, I'm going to put it up for auction.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I mean, I had CDamm and Vanilla Thunder personally see the TSS kit. They know what I have as well as another member at Too Many Games.

I remember you saying this to me a while back, but I kind of wanted it to go to a dedicated member. I'll wait a week or so for any interest. Otherwise, I'm going to put it up for auction.

In that case put a high price on it and list it for sale here o.b.o. :)

GoodTofuFriday

New Challenger
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a mv-ic with the original cab cables. Headphones jacks are replacements. I want to sell it but can't figure out a fair price for me and any potential buyer. Don't see the buddle f/s hardly ever. Especially with replaced jacks.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm going to offer a handful of Neo Geo games for sale on the Marketplace soon. The only one I'm uncertain of on pricing is a MVS Japanese 8 Man cart. Boards are verified as authentic on MVS Scans. Matching box with marquee and DIP Switch sheet, but the box is partially squashed and the prior owner wrote "Burning Heat" on it with a ballpoint pen in a few places. No serials on either cart or box. Cart label has some wear and tear.

Thoughts? It looks like bare carts are hovering around $120 on EBay, so I was thinking of asking $100-110 here for the complete package. Let me know if I'm off base.

Last edited:

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on the going rate of Mutation Nation (US) AES cart these days? I've been offered one for £200 (about $290), its boxed with manual and without seeing these come up often, the ones listed on feeBay would suggest it's a possible bargain.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Okay there's a guy 30 minutes from me. He has all these carts. He offered me a few for 20-25$ I told him I didn't want to take advantage. I told him I would ask you guys here what stuff is worth. Now he is looking to sell. So if anyone wants his e-mail I can provide it. But I'm looking at buying 4 of his carts as well.

He also has ghost pilots. But didn't get a picture of it while there.

He sold me a 2 slot neo geo gold cabinet that needs some work. Great guy

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Okay there's a guy 30 minutes from me. He has all these carts. He offered me a few for 20-25$ I told him I didn't want to take advantage. I told him I would ask you guys here what stuff is worth. Now he is looking to sell. So if anyone wants his e-mail I can provide it. But I'm looking at buying 4 of his carts as well.

He also has ghost pilots. But didn't get a picture of it while there.

He sold me a 2 slot neo geo gold cabinet that needs some work. Great guy

yeah, i'm out of the loop on prices but if he offers the lot for cheap I would snag them if I were you. You can always off load whatever you didn't want here on the forum. I know there's 2 or 3 games in that lot I wouldn't mind having if they were pretty cheap.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Nam 1975, Cyber Lip, Ninja Commando, Baseball Stars 2, Metal Slug, and King of the Monsters 2 are all steals at those prices. I'd grab anything I didn't already have from that guy.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Yeah, I would grab all of those and do what I do when I get extras for cheap: Sell 'em on the cheap here.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was afraid he had stuff that might be rare.

I wanted a few. But told him to look up prices before giving them away. 20-25$ each seems low.

Inside the machine he sold me was a copy of blues journey and ganryu

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
nothing rare in that group, but most of those would probably sell quick on the forum. I know I wouldn't mind having the Cyberlip or Sengoku if the price was right.