Steam Winter Sale - Recommendations what did you get?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Steam is having another sale, so I figured I would grab some cheap titles I do not own yet.

There were some others on my want list but were still a bit higher than what I want to spend, ie axiom verge.

What have you all picked up?

games.png

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Mostly vive games, Warhammer total war, the witcher 3 and battlefield 1 from the origin sale which has been one of the better shooters I've ever played.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Not too much so far.

Airscape: The Fall of Gravity
Call of Duty: Modern Welfare 2
Flight of the Paladin
Gun Rocket
Morphopolis
Particle Mace
Pinball FX 2 Marvel Pinball Season 1
Pinball FX 2 Originals Season 1
Splatter
Squirbs

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
those are good prices. i downloaded a demo of mark of the ninja, which was an ok game. might download the full game and give it another go.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I really like crimsom clover and phantom battlegrounds ( I have it on XBL, already beat it and levelled up the main character all the way, the steam version has one more character available, so tempted!). Oniken isn't half bad either but mediocre overall.

Hyper Light Drifter (Darksouls gone 2D, awesome!)
Axiom Verge (Pretty decent, not the best metroidvania game but still a good game)
Ikaruga (5 bucks you can't go wrong, decent port)
Raiden IV Overkill (same as above)
Slain (Good challenge, pixel art is a mix bag in terms of quality)
Castlevania Lords of SHadow (Great port, plays smooth as hell!)
Dark SOuls II Scholar of the 1st Sin (Plays very well, rather get it for XBoner though...I will)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Steam is having another sale, so I figured I would grab some cheap titles I do not own yet.

There were some others on my want list but were still a bit higher than what I want to spend, ie axiom verge.

What have you all picked up?

games.png

Good selection of games. I love me some steam.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I haven't bought shit on Steam for so long, but I'm on there daily after work. I think I finally realized that I have way too many Steam games to play in one life-time. I did pick up Counter Strike GO and Torchlight 2 for my brother so we can play together.

FYI - Mass Effect 2 is free on origin.

I just looked at my account worth... it's pretty sad...

I wish I could sell this shit safely and just pick up like 20 awesome games and pocket the rest. Those Steam selling account websites scare me though.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Getting the entire Hitman 2016 game for something like $20, down from $60 was nice. I don't think it was apart of the winter sales but it's a game that I would recommend if you like Hitman anyway.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
so many good deals, I picked up most of my wishlist during the autumn sale so I went pretty light for this one.

I got:

Papers, Please (one of the most interesting games I've ever played)
Shmups Skill Test
Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser.'

Was tempted to pull the trigger on Darius Burst as well, I'll probably wait to see if it drops a lil more in price.

Last edited:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
Quake Live
Serious Sam HD 1st and 2nd Encounters
Spec Ops: The Line
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I haven't bought shit on Steam for so long, but I'm on there daily after work. I think I finally realized that I have way too many Steam games to play in one life-time. I did pick up Counter Strike GO and Torchlight 2 for my brother so we can play together.

FYI - Mass Effect 2 is free on origin.

I just looked at my account worth... it's pretty sad...

I wish I could sell this shit safely and just pick up like 20 awesome games and pocket the rest. Those Steam selling account websites scare me though.

You can't use a controller last time I played the origin version. I think the Steam version let's you use a controller.

I'm talking about Mass Effect 2.

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I keep missing these topics, because they really should be here. Anyway, here was my Steam haul:

A Chair in a Room : Greenwater (VR)
Batman - The Telltale Series
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™
theBlu (VR)
The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I keep missing these topics, because they really should be here. Anyway, here was my Steam haul:

A Chair in a Room : Greenwater (VR)
Batman - The Telltale Series
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™
theBlu (VR)
The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries

Chair in the room is great, super creepy.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The rest:

Overture
Anomaly 2
Anomaly Defenders
Anomaly Korea
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Masked Shooters 2
Dinosaur Hunt
Dinosaur Forest
Survival Zombies: The Inverted Evolution
Death Ray Manta

I think I spent more in the community market than from the Steam Store.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire
The Forest

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
You can't use a controller last time I played the origin version. I think the Steam version let's you use a controller.

I'm talking about Mass Effect 2.

I've got it on Steam. Strictly speaking, you're mostly right. However, GOOD LUCK with the hacking. You will want a mouse for those, for some reason the analog sticks become almost like their sensitivity is nothing, regardless of setting, so they don't move fast enough to make connections.

Also, my Steam haul from the sale;

Saints Row 4
Saints Row 4: Gat Outta Hell
Just Cause 3

Saints Row was a whim buy, and hot damn did I ever get my 5 bucks worth, great time.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I didn't buy anything during this sale. Probably should finish some of the previous games I've purchased through Steam first. Also, playing Fallout 4 currently and that game is a time sucker.

But I thought I'd mention for those who missed out on this sale, or would rather not wait until games you want go on sale again should check out cdkeys.com. I've purchased a few games off the site and many times the prices they have are actually cheaper than the Steam sales.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didn't buy anything during this sale. Probably should finish some of the previous games I've purchased through Steam first. Also, playing Fallout 4 currently and that game is a time sucker.

But I thought I'd mention for those who missed out on this sale, or would rather not wait until games you want go on sale again should check out cdkeys.com. I've purchased a few games off the site and many times the prices they have are actually cheaper than the Steam sales.

those sites are a good way to get your credit card stolen.
happens to my friend all the time. sometimes the keys dont work as well.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
- Endless Legend
- Ghost 1.0
- Stardew Valley
- Environmental Station Alpha

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
VA-11 Hall-a and rocksmith2014. Most of the good deals were on games I've already picked up on steam or humble previously.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Nothing this time around. Need a new graphics card and I've got like 250 games and I've played 10 of them. Wait til next time when my wishlist gets a little cheaper.