SOTM May 2016: Mushihimesama Futari

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Not sure, maybe getting brawl pads and soldering on quick connects?

Slight improvement:
chempop - 251,568,518 - All - Reco/Normal - Original - 360

I'd like to break 300 in original, should be doable.

Chempop

Another shitty maniac score. Two deaths right at the end of stage 5 each with holding 3 bombs :crying:

chempop - 339,696,814 - Stage 5 - Reco/Normal - Maniac - 360

I'm ending stage 3 with about 250 mil, pretty happy with that. 4 & 5 aren't going to well though. At least I survived all the big moths in st4. Almost all my deaths were in st5 trying to build the multiplier and score but it didn't go very well.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
So I downloaded the Black Label DLC and gave Original a run with a x360 gamepad (:keke:), easily broke 200 mil and made it halfway through Larsa. Could have gotten the clear, but the 1UP on Stage 5 wasn't in the usual place? Do you happen to know if/where it was moved to in Black Label?

Edit: hmm, checking YouTube it should have been in the same spot as in 1.5. Weird.

Last edited:

Chempop

You can't bomb the building it's in iirc. Nice blind Black Label run kuze! Did you happen to notice if you were able to build the counter to 9999 (the one that resets every stage and is shown under your multiplier)? Stage 4 and 5 get so fast and fun when you do.

Also I was correct the first time, all mode have the green aura thing going on with the gems which makes them worth more. But it fades away when the gems move nearly half way across the screen.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
You can't bomb the building it's in iirc. Nice blind Black Label run kuze! Did you happen to notice if you were able to build the counter to 9999 (the one that resets every stage and is shown under your multiplier)? Stage 4 and 5 get so fast and fun when you do.

Also I was correct the first time, all mode have the green aura thing going on with the gems which makes them worth more. But it fades away when the gems move nearly half way across the screen.

Thanks man, I watched my saved replay and sure enough I bombed the house it was in which prevented me from getting the 1UP. :hammer:

Yeah I was able to build the stage counter to 9999 in different places; on stage 5 it reached 9999 right after the midboss. Then when I bombed the 1up house it dropped substantially for a bit.

I figured I might as well add BL Original and Maniac tables in case anyone wants to give those modes a try. Also, if anyone has "Another Version" and would like a separate scoreboard for that, just let me know.

dd8wFQv.jpg

kuze - 211,861,540 - Stage 5 - Reco/Normal - BL Original - 360

Chempop

LOL Another version, for those who would rather spend $600 instead of $15 and have a botched game (something tells me they aren't playing God mode). More like 'shelfy version'.

Chempop

Black Label
chempop - 408,988,757 - All - Reco - Original - 360

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Black Label
chempop - 408,988,757 - All - Reco - Original - 360

Very nice Chem! I did a bunch of runs on BL Original today but didn't score better than my first run. :-/

I can make it about halfway through Larsa, but I'm going into the final battle with only one or two lives. I need to work on not stupidly losing lives on stages 2/3 so I've got a better stock for TLB. I can make it through Stage 4 and 5 up to the boss without losing any lives, but I somehow always manage to throw away lives on stages 2/3 and not even on anything difficult. >_>

Chempop

Almost all the deaths in this game are going to be from when the slowdown reverts back to normal speed. It's ALL about understanding how to ride the speed changes, by paying attention to how your shot and rapidfire are affecting the framerate, and also how many gems and bullets are on screen, because that will be a big factor in determining how the slowdown flows... flowdown!

Also, there is no TLB in original mode, I assume you mean stage 5 boss. The TLB is only in Ultra and God modes.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Almost all the deaths in this game are going to be from when the slowdown reverts back to normal speed. It's ALL about understanding how to ride the speed changes, by paying attention to how your shot and rapidfire are affecting the framerate, and also how many gems and bullets are on screen, because that will be a big factor in determining how the slowdown flows... flowdown!

Also, there is no TLB in original mode, I assume you mean stage 5 boss. The TLB is only in Ultra and God modes.

That's a really great way of putting it and definitely something I'm working on. Part of it is also controlling the multiplier; if you get in over your head playing the second half of a level at 9999 stage multiplier, dropping a quick bomb can make things much more manageable and won't impact your score as bad as losing a life.

Edit: Also yeah I was referring to the stage 5 boss as TLB since I'm focusing on Original until I get the clear. I actually find Maniac to be more fun, but it's just not what I'm focusing on.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Got the BL Original clear this morning! :buttrock:

This is actually the first time my scrub self has 1CC'd a Cave title. Woooooooot!

aZWa2S5.jpg

kuze - 259,263,859 - All - Reco - 360

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Just dusted this off, and boy what a terrible first start!

Ballzdeepx - 42831829 - stage 3 - Reco- X360/Original

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Just dusted this off, and boy what a terrible first start!

Ballzdeepx - 42831829 - stage 3 - Reco- X360/Original

Not a bad start, keep at it! Stage 3 is the biggest PITA in this game.

On my clear this morning I lost two lives on the Stage 3 boss >_> It's still the level I screw up the most on.

Chempop

Small correction to the end bonus for BL original (not certain on other modes).
I think you get X10 mil for EACH bomb in stock TIMES number of lives.

3 lives remaining BUT NO BOMBS = ZERO end bonus (this happened to me when I thought I was going to get another high score, DENIED!)
Would have been better to suicide against Larsa right before taking her down, then I'd have gotten
3 bombs (30 mil) X 2 lives = 60 mil end bonus.

I think I'm DONE with BL original for a while. I've grown quite fond of the mode, where as before this month I was all about Maniac, particularly 1.5 (probably due to the challenge).
Happy to be revisiting the game, certainly one of Cave's most polished and revered. Honestly the game bounces back and forth from my top tier Cave games.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
twalden - 202,389,674 - Stage 5 - Palm/Normal - Original - PCB

Cleared it with 197 million yesterday. Still not satisfied with my score and will hopefully get closer to the 240 million range again.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Waiting for your scores guys. :vik:

Was hoping to get more practice in this month, but this is as good as I can get right now it seems. I'm going to try and get some time in this weekend though.

Beelzebub - 52,421,060 - Stage 4 - Rico/Normal - Original - Mame

Beelzebub - 52,421,060 - Stage 4 - Rico-Normal - Original - Mame.png

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
twalden - 202,389,674 - Stage 5 - Palm/Normal - Original - PCB

Cleared it with 197 million yesterday. Still not satisfied with my score and will hopefully get closer to the 240 million range again.

Nice work breaking 200 mil, twalden! Not sure how I missed your post.

Was hoping to get more practice in this month, but this is as good as I can get right now it seems. I'm going to try and get some time in this weekend though.

Beelzebub - 52,421,060 - Stage 4 - Rico/Normal - Original - Mame

Nice, keep it up! Try and make it to stage 5 - you got this!

Also, Rico lol :keke:

ZW55CSC.png

Chempop

Bladedancer, that's alright, you just got it this week! I've had it since release in 2009 and dumped a few hours into it.

Beelzebub, how well does it run in mame? I haven't heard SH3/cv1000 being very playable yet, but I don't keep up with that stuff.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Sat back down with the PCB and got the clear on OG Original. I went into stage 5 pretty prepared, but then lost a life trying to get the 1UP and still failed to get the 1UP... so that threw me back a bit. Ended up defeating Larsa on my last life with no bombs left... scary shit!

G9Wmx11.jpg

kuze - 170,836,146 - All - Palm/Abnormal - Original - PCB

Chempop

I think Panda is holding out on a score and is going to try and snipe me for first place BL OG.